Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Mikw

I was given a pink priority pass after a Nemesis breakdown. I used it on Wicker Man during my next visit. I wasn't asked to surrender it, can i use it again next time i go?
Dan

Mikw wrote:I was given a pink priority pass after a Nemesis breakdown. I used it on Wicker Man during my next visit. I wasn't asked to surrender it, can i use it again next time i go?
If the ride host didn’t take it off you and you still have it in your possession, yes you can use it again.

Priority Passes are meant to be one use only but if the staff member didn’t take it off you, it’s not your fault :lol
Mikw

Dan wrote:
Mikw wrote:I was given a pink priority pass after a Nemesis breakdown. I used it on Wicker Man during my next visit. I wasn't asked to surrender it, can i use it again next time i go?
If the ride host didn’t take it off you and you still have it in your possession, yes you can use it again.

Priority Passes are meant to be one use only but if the staff member didn’t take it off you, it’s not your fault :lol
Excellent, thanks, i was lucky there then
stevebrown

Dan wrote:

That happened to me back in March - twice!  Went on it once, was let through, went straight round again within 10 minutes and the same host let us through and didn't take the pass of us, so I still have it ready to use again!
LittleReidy

Hey,

I’ve just bought an annual pass for the first time. (Bought a premium pass) just wondering if I can use my Share The Fun vouchers to get into Alton Towers for Scarefest? Hoping to go Saturday 20th October ☺️

Thanks in advance.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Dan

LittleReidy wrote:Hey,

I’ve just bought an annual pass for the first time. (Bought a premium pass) just wondering if I can use my Share The Fun vouchers to get into Alton Towers for Scarefest? Hoping to go Saturday 20th October ☺️

Thanks in advance.
Hello and welcome to the forum :wave:

Yes, you can use Share The Fun vouchers during Scarefest :)
LittleReidy

Excellent thank you Dan!
Melissa
Toffeeman

Does anyone know of a good email address to send some thoughts about issues in the park?  I visited yesterday and have some (constructive) feedback, some grumbles and some suggestions that I want to send to AT - but I don't want it to just disappear into a bog standard customer services response.  Any help appreciated.
Robert.W

gs.feedback@alton-towers.com It's the only one I know of really. Maybe still worth a try? :)

You could also write up a letter and adress it to:

Francis Jackson, Director of Operations, Alton Towers, Alton, ST10 4DB 

and / or

Nick Varney, CEO, Merlin Entertainments, Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset, BH15 1L

Tom170499

I wouldn’t waste your time. Merlin will not listen to anything you say. Guest experience does not matter to them.
Robert.W

I think you're more likely to get a better response if you contact them by sending an actual letter over an email. Guest Services will just be the generic "We're disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your stay at the resort, blah blah blah...".

LittleReidy

Does anybody know if it’s still possible to buy solo fast tracks? If so are they still £10, can’t seem to find anything on the website.
Melissa
lewis97
Admin
Admin

LittleReidy wrote:Does anybody know if it’s still possible to buy solo fast tracks? If so are they still £10, can’t seem to find anything on the website.
Yes it is - the majority are £5 (as per this FAQ in the Resort's Help Centre), except for The Smiler and Galactica which are £10 (assuming the page on the TowersTimes website is still accurate). Single shot fastracks for Wicker Man are not available, however.
Loakin

Going to Towers next week, is filming allowed in Wicker Man's pre-show and station, say with a mobile phone? 
Pongofoxy1

I’m visiting Alton towers tomorow. I have a 241 voucher, therefore I will be purchasing a full price ticket. Can I get the Alton towers annual pass as one of the tickets ?! As it is the same price as an actual ticket anyway. Does anyone know please?!?! Thanks.
Swarm Chris

Loakin wrote:Going to Towers next week, is filming allowed in Wicker Man's pre-show and station, say with a mobile phone? 
I've seen people film in both, but it may be at the ride operators discretion. If you do film the pre-show be sure to stand at the back to not disturb anyone. :)
- note see the comment below mine :)
Pongofoxy1 wrote:I’m visiting Alton towers tomorow. I have a 241 voucher, therefore I will be purchasing a full price ticket. Can I get the Alton towers annual pass as one of the tickets ?! As it is the same price as an actual ticket anyway. Does anyone know please?!?!  Thanks.
Not directly no, as these are separate promotions.

You should be able to upgrade to a season pass for £27.50, but it would be best to check at the ticket office.

Editing grammatical errors and pointing at the next post for answer.
Last edited by Swarm Chris on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ladyofthelake

Loakin wrote:Going to Towers next week, is filming allowed in Wicker Man's pre-show and station, say with a mobile phone? 
The official policy for the pre-show is that no filming is allowed. In the station is normally ok, provided your phone is put in a safe and secure place whilst you ride the coaster (for example in a zipped pocket).
JamieDeath

How does the woodland walk work for getting into the park, is there separate turnstyles? And can you use it in the morning for ERT
Robert.W

I can't be sure, but I had read somewhere that it can only be used to exit the park as it isn't manned by any staff, and the gate can only be opened from inside the park for security reasons.

Dungeon-X-Smile

I'm not certain either, but when you look it up online, this pops up https://www.towerstimes.co.uk/theme-par ... land-walk/ . It seems to be closed at this moment in time, but if it was open and I was to guess, I think it's a separate entrance since it says you'd enter at Forbidden Valley, and it does seem to suggest that you can use ERT there at 8:45.