Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Zach

Try visiting http://www.ridetimes.co.uk this way you can monitor queue times when you desire :) 
mark156

Thanks Zach. Looks promising, all green!!  :D

When is it likely they will release opening times for May?! I was due to visit on Thursday 26th April but changed it to Thursday 3rd May as weather looks pretty rubbish for next week.
Last edited by Justin on Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged posts
Mikw

mark156 wrote:Has anyone been this week yet? Just wondering what queue times are like now its not the school holidays.
I went today. Pretty much walk on for all rides. Not much downtime either, much better!
Nickolai

Does Wickerman offer one shot Fastracks? It hasn't been advertised as doing so but neither were DBGT's...
Formally Smiler313
Ladyofthelake

Smiler313 wrote:Does Wickerman offer one shot Fastracks? It hasn't been advertised as doing so but neither were DBGT's...
I'm afraid not. The only Fastrack is bundled in with the Gold and Platinum package, or with a VIP Merlin Annual Pass.
Robert.W

It is a bit annoying, but at least it keeps the Fastrack queue to a minimum, so that the people who do pay for the privilege actually get it, unlike when the park hand out too many Fastracks for all the other rides, meaning that the whole point of having a Fastrack kinda becomes a bit pointless as you end up still having to wait way longer than you should have to.

Stan.H

I'd imagine it will have a one-shot fastrack available either by the summer holidays, if not, next season for sure. Only other way I suppose you could get a one-shot is if the ride breaks down whilst your in the queue (and the queue gets evacuated) , and you get a priority pass - but I guess that doesn't save you any time  :P
nareik91

Hey guys,

In the past when visiting we have stayed at Uttoxeter Premier Inn, and taken the 32A bus from there to the park and back to the hotel. As far as I can tell this isn't running any more, is that right? If so - does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sure how expensive a cab/taxi would be or even if they run in the morning!

glittabones

nareik91 wrote:Hey guys,

In the past when visiting we have stayed at Uttoxeter Premier Inn, and taken the 32A bus from there to the park and back to the hotel. As far as I can tell this isn't running any more, is that right? If so - does anyone have any recommendations? I'm not sure how expensive a cab/taxi would be or even if they run in the morning!

A taxi from Uttoxeter with AutoCab would cost £25. I used them from Stoke-on-Trent station (which was a bit cheaper) and they were brilliant.
vikkimoo

Potentially daft question - how safe/secure do we think  the baggage holds actually are? I always worry about leaving my bag in them and am trying to find ways to avoid taking a bag tomorrow. How do phones in zipped outer coat pockets get on with the restraints?
Swarm Chris

Tomorrow will likely be empty, so probably safer than normal. They all have CCTV on them with a big monitor to try and dissuade people from stealing stuff. I've not had or witnessed any issues with bags, although at certain days of the year this may not be the case.

Phones, wallets and small purses should all be fine zipped up.
vikkimoo

I'm just worried about squishing my phone cos it's the most valuable thing I own! Thanks! 
Robert.W

I've taken my phone (zipped up in pocket) on pretty much every major coaster at Towers and never had a problem. To be honest, I'd say even on the busiest of days, it's highly unlikely for things to be stolen from the baggage racks, as after all, some of Towers rides have operated with them for years. 

Loakin

I would personally advice you don't use an expensive looking bag, because that might attract potential thieves.
vikkimoo

Good news - both myself and the backpack survived unscathed! It's mainly Rita's baggage hold that worried me cos it is SO unsecure!
Mikw

vikkimoo wrote:Good news - both myself and the backpack survived unscathed! It's mainly Rita's baggage hold that worried me cos it is SO unsecure!
Good news indeed. The mine train doesn't even have one.
glittabones

My bag's always been fine but I lost two vintage theme park badges at Alton Towers last week.  :cry:
Justin

That is the trouble with collecting badges. I don't take my lanyard now, due to the fear of losing one!
stevebrown

Is the Alton Towers Annual Pass (not the season pass) classed as a Merlin AP when it comes to booking hotel accommodation?  I've just gone through the booking process to get prices and on the payment page it says to enter your MAP number and there is no mention of the AT annual pass being valid too.

EDIT:  It just says enter your Annual Pass number so that could imply the AT pass too?
Nickolai

Justin wrote:That is the trouble with collecting badges. I don't take my lanyard now, due to the fear of losing one!
I tend to put mine in my bag prior to riding.
Formally Smiler313