Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
RubyGaga

Hello! Quick question about the Enchanted Village... I've never stayed in any other of the hotels other that the main hotel and Splash Landings. Each of these hotels had a lugage service where we could check our bags in when we would arrive at the resort in the morning, then pick them up after a day in the park when we check in. I was wondering if this service is available at the Enchanted village? I dont want to lug my bags around the park!
Justin

Yes, you can check in your baggage at reception which is located in the same building as Crooked Spoon :)
RubyGaga

That's wonderful news! Thankyou!
Milgod

Howdy all, I'm off to AT tomorrow with 3 children. Looking forward to it all (and hopefully persuading them all to try the WM. Couple of quick questions.

1 - Where is the actual entrance to WM? Do I need to walk around to where the Runaway Mine Train area is?
2 - We're planning on arriving at AT for about 9:30 and buying tickets then. Do you think that'll be sufficient so as not to be way way back in the queue to get in at 10am?
3 - I was thinking of buying a couple of the £55 annual pass tickets for AT. Do you know if they take long to sort out with a photo etc.?
4 - Are there any rides that we're probably not going to be able to ride as they're still shut? Or do you have any recommendations on which 'big' rides fill up quickest (after WM of course).

Thanks everyone.
AltonOperator

1- it’s exactly where the old flume entrance used to be. Just to the side of mutiny bay. It’s pretty much where it says it is on the map
2- I’d honestly say go closer to 9 especially if you’re walking from the car parks the queues for ticket pickup can be long
3- I suggest you order your passes online and upload the photos there. The quality doesn’t have to be great
4- maybe hit smiler first then be in forbidden valley for the 11.00 opening? I recommend getting in the wickerman queue as late as possible so you don’t have to waste 1-3 hours of your actual day in it. Remember the queues close at closing time, not the rides.

Hope these help and feel free to ask more questions :)
Thanks Jack
Milgod

AltonOperator wrote:1- it’s exactly where the old flume entrance used to be. Just to the side of mutiny bay. It’s pretty much where it says it is on the map
2- I’d honestly say go closer to 9 especially if you’re walking from the car parks the queues for ticket pickup can be long
3- I suggest you order your passes online and upload the photos there. The quality doesn’t have to be great
4- maybe hit smiler first then be in forbidden valley for the 11.00 opening? I recommend getting in the wickerman queue as late as possible so you don’t have to waste 1-3 hours of your actual day in it. Remember the queues close at closing time, not the rides.

Hope these help and feel free to ask more questions :)
Superb. Thank you. We will try and get there for 9, but ride the monorail (I love starting with that). I was going to buy tickets there as I will only be getting the passes for me and my daughter. Her two friends we will use a 241 ticket voucher so will need to line up anyway. If I was to order the pass online, do I collect it at the collection booths or do I have to print something off (no ink in the printer as always unfortunately!).
Do only certain rides open at 10am then?
AltonOperator

Ok so the purchasing and collecting of tickets all happens at the same booths now so you absolutely can pick up 2 passes and purchase a 241 at the same place. In terms of collecting the passes, you need ID, the card you bought them with and an email confirmation which can be on your phone.

At 10:00, Mutiny Bay, CBeebies Land, Spinball Whizzer and X-Sector open, with the rest opening from 11:00. Don’t rely on everything opening at the advertised time though!
Thanks Jack
Mikw

I know The Smiler can't operate if the wind gusts to 34mph, but what about the other coasters?

I'm going next Tuesday and the met office have gusts of 30 mph, so wondering what might be affected?
Jcoaster

Mikw wrote:I know The Smiler can't operate if the wind gusts to 34mph, but what about the other coasters?

I'm going next Tuesday and the met office have gusts of 30 mph, so wondering what might be affected?
I believe Oblivion would also shut if there were very high winds, X-sector was shut completely during Scarefest for a day due to high winds, mainly because of it's location, the whole area is very exposed.
Mikw

Jcoaster wrote: I believe Oblivion would also shut if there were very high winds, X-sector was shut completely during Scarefest for a day due to high winds, mainly because of it's location, the whole area is very exposed.
Thank you. Hopefully the other coasters will be able to open.
Jcoaster

Mikw wrote: Thank you. Hopefully the other coasters will be able to open.
I'm sure they will, enjoy your trip :)
Mikw

Jcoaster wrote:
Mikw wrote: Thank you. Hopefully the other coasters will be able to open.
I'm sure they will, enjoy your trip :)
Thanks
Jono

Hi,

How does the Fast track work? I have booked 2 Gold fast tracks and received 2 barcoded tickets, is this correct? Last time I went to Alton Towers the fast tracks were a ticket that a ride op signed (or ripped). Have they installed a new system?

Also what time can you enter the park with the Sun tickets?

Thanks in advance
Robert.W

Jono wrote:Hi,

How does the Fast track work? I have booked 2 Gold fast tracks and received 2 barcoded tickets, is this correct? Last time I went to Alton Towers the fast tracks were a ticket that a ride op signed (or ripped). Have they installed a new system?

Thanks in advance
Hi Jono :)

I believe you should be able to exchange your barcoded tickets for actual Fastracks either at the ticket booths on the Admissions Plaza, or at the Resort Box Office inside the park on Towers Street (you should be able to do it at either, but definitely ask about the Fastracks at the ticket booths on the Admissions Plaza, as you'll have to pay there if you want to use Sun Savers anyway). They will give you a ticket with all the rides listed that will be marked off by the ride hosts at each ride when you use them. 

Not sure about the Sun Saver tickets unfortunately. I'm sure someone else will though. :) 
Last edited by Robert.W on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dan

Jono wrote:

Thanks in advance
You can enter the park at 10am with the Sun tickets :)
Loakin

I'll be going to Towers for the first time this year soon and I want to know if Wicker Man has a free flow station, or is there someone telling you where to sit? If so, is there a front row queue line?
jackf1tz

As I recall, you get told where to sit and there's no front row queue.
Stan.H

There is someone telling you where to sit, and they will make you go to that row, unfortunately.  I requested back row and even said I was willing to wait as many dispatches as it'd take, but they will still just put you on the next row they need to fill. Hopefully, this policy does change, especially after you've probably queued at least 45 minutes - so fingers crossed!
Dan

A way to try and manipulate where you sit on the train, is to position yourself just right when it comes to leaving the pre-show room.

If you want to ride the back row, just make sure that you are the last people to enter the station. Obviously there are some variables, but it increases your chances if you do this.
mark156

Has anyone been this week yet? Just wondering what queue times are like now its not the school holidays.