Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

Colinweir wrote:When did they start searching bags at the entrance to the park? Haven’t had this done the past two years when I’ve been down.
This practice started earlier this year in response to the terrorist attack at the Manchester Arena and can only be seen as a positive step to ensure the health & safety of all guests entering the resort.

It's not just Towers, I believe all Merlin parks have adopted this strategy.
Colinweir

Dan wrote:
Colinweir wrote:When did they start searching bags at the entrance to the park? Haven’t had this done the past two years when I’ve been down.
This practice started earlier this year in response to the terrorist attack at the Manchester Arena and can only be seen as a positive step to ensure the health & safety of all guests entering the resort.

It's not just Towers, I believe all Merlin parks have adopted this strategy.
Thanks

Fully agree with you and them doing it - just wondered when it started. Glad to see places being proactive with things.
Robert.W

They also searched bags at Scarefest last year, but for some reason, not on both days of our visit which was a little strange...

jackf1tz

I don't think it's just after the terror attack, bag searches have been in place at Alton Towers, Warwick Castle, Legoland D.C. Manchester and some Sealife centres at peak dates since at least mid 2015.
jwewan

How busy will the park get? I'm going to the park on Friday the 27th and was just wondering how busy the park would be, with it being half term and all. Another question for you all, what's the longest queue you've ever seen / been in at the towers :)
Colinweir

It was quite busy yesterday and not a lot of the English Schools were finished for half term. Smiler, Rita, Thirteen and Mone Train all had queues of 60mins at some points. Spin all whizzer was always constantly very busy!
Hoppalong

Any personal experiences of riding with a plaster cast?

I've read the Access policy and it is a bit wishy washy and rightly mainly deals with disabled access. I'm in a lower leg cast for a ruptured achilles tendon. While this is bothersome (I'll be taking crutches and a wheelchair to get around the cbeebies hotel and park later this week) i'm not in pain and with the cast on the tendon is immobilised. It's just a waiting game, a 10 week long waiting game!

While I'd be happy riding most of the rides (I'd love a chance to have some evening rides during scarefest) are the staff going to to take one look at me and refuse entry or will they let me argue the toss?

In all honesty I'd probably avoid the dangly leg rides .... but would still like to ride rita and others as much as possible.
Count-Vonduel

Am I allowed to wear face paint at scarefest?

Please can you answer me ASAP as, a(at time of typing) I'm setting out in an hour!
Justin

I know the reply is late, but yes!
Count-Vonduel

I'm on the bus to town now, thank you!
I'll put the face paint on, on the train!
Nickolai

Does anyone know how many trains The Smiker is on because it is fireworks today?
Formally Smiler313
Liam.W

I assume it would be 4 with it being a very busy day. (Although at the moment queues aren't too bad) 
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Dan

Liam.W wrote:I assume it would be 4 with it being a very busy day. (Although at the moment queues aren't too bad) 
The Smiler is on 4 trains today.
Nickolai

Seems Alton are a bit more confident now with running it on 4.
Formally Smiler313
JC13

Does anyone know the opening date for the 2018 season? Thinking of going for SW8 opening day
lewis97
Admin
Admin

There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.
JC13

lewis97 wrote:There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.
Thanks! I’ll make sure to get a hotel booked!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

JC13 wrote:
lewis97 wrote:There are 2-for-1 entry vouchers being given out today, for which the terms and conditions seem to imply that the theme park will open on Saturday 17th March.
Well I'd recommend waiting for it to be properly confirmed before booking a hotel...
JC13

lewis97 wrote:
JC13 wrote:
Well I'd recommend waiting for it to be properly confirmed before booking a hotel...
I will, just want to book the asap to make sure I can get there early, the day they announce opening dates I will book that hotel room
Lenic

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can advise if it’s possible to visit the Towers complex without having to pay for access to the whole park (out of season maybe)? I’m currently building a model of the house with Lego, so would be good to get in the palaces not normally open to the public, so I can get more accuracy to the model (plus I’m fascinated with the place!)

Pics of my current progress with the model can be found here: http://www.moc-pages.com/moc.php/435640

Thanks in advance,

Lee.