Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
ROYJESS

I'm hoping that it will be quiet as kids should be back at school, saying that, some schools differ. Also being Halloween itself, it might also be busy. Last year I did Colchester zoo Fright night on several days and the Halloween day itself was the quietest of all their Fight nights, again the kids were back at school.
Justin

In certain parts of the country, half term starts on Friday 20th September, so it may be busy. I hope not though as I'm down that day!
dementedde

Hi everyone.

I really want to do Alton Towers scarefest this year but I'll be travelling without a car this time. So I know it will make sense to stay in a hotel over night, which is what I'm going to do, but I need directions on how to get To Alton Towers.

I managed to reach Thorpe Park on my own earlier this year, but I didnt find the directions to be that hard as I found Alton Towers's on their website.

I'll be traveling from South Wales. So I'm guessing I take the mega bus to Victoria Train Station in London. Then how do I get from there?

Thanks
alicheesy

dementedde wrote:Hi everyone.

I really want to do Alton Towers scarefest this year but I'll be travelling without a car this time. So I know it will make sense to stay in a hotel over night, which is what I'm going to do, but I need directions on how to get To Alton Towers.

I managed to reach Thorpe Park on my own earlier this year, but I didnt find the directions to be that hard as I found Alton Towers's on their website.

I'll be traveling from South Wales. So I'm guessing I take the mega bus to Victoria Train Station in London. Then how do I get from there?

Thanks
Towers is in Staffordshire which isn't near London so try to get to Stoke or Uttoxeter maybe be train
Thank you to Owen for the most fabulous signature to ever exist ever
dementedde

alicheesy wrote:

Thanks
Towers is in Staffordshire which isn't near London so try to get to Stoke or Uttoxeter maybe be train
I've found stoke-on-trent to be the nearest. Do you know how I can find the bus time table for Alton Towers?
MakoMania

dementedde wrote:
alicheesy wrote:

Thanks
I've found stoke-on-trent to be the nearest. Do you know how I can find the bus time table for Alton Towers?
The buses are terrible, you're much better getting a taxi from Stoke-On-Trent for £15-£20.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
cheesemaso

I am thinking of coming to Cbeebies Land with my 4 year old. Is it possible to buy a Parent and Toddler ticket and pay an extra £5 for a child between 3-5. I would then effectively have a ticket for an adult, under 3 year old and 3-5 year old but just wouldnt use the 'free' toddler ticket? Would work out much cheaper that way.
This would work out at £30 for me and my 4 year old, which is much cheaper than using the 2 for 1 vouchers I have
Thanks
Lotty

cheesemaso wrote:I am thinking of coming to Cbeebies Land with my 4 year old. Is it possible to buy a Parent and Toddler ticket and pay an extra £5 for a child between 3-5. I would then effectively have a ticket for an adult, under 3 year old and 3-5 year old but just wouldnt use the 'free' toddler ticket? Would work out much cheaper that way.
This would work out at £30 for me and my 4 year old, which is much cheaper than using the 2 for 1 vouchers I have
Thanks
I don't see this being a problem, but i would message the Alton Towers team either through their website or through facebook first to double check as you don't want to arrive with that ticket and then them not let you in. 

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
Colinweir

Hi everyone

Heading down to AT from Scotland next month with the family.  Been down the two previous years during our half term break which is traditionally the week before the English schools are off.  We're going to be in the park Thursday 19th and Friday 20th.  At the time of booking in January I didn't know that the park would be open till 9 on the Friday for Scarefest and it's the first time we'll have been down for it.  Just wondering how busy to expect the park to be on that date?  Last few years there has been virtually no queues and walked straight onto the sides with the exception of The Smiler where I had to wait for all of about 3 minutes.  Is it likely to be jumping with people during the day or will more people be likely expected at night time for Scarefest?  Just really so I can plan things in advance. Thanks
ROYJESS

Most Rides will be open until 9 on the Friday (except certain rides like the sky ride, rapids etc.. which will close at dusk or sooner).  I was there last year on the Friday before half term and it was busier than expected, but then the travelling community did also turn up, which might not be the case this year. The evening dose tend to quieten down as most families with young children tend to leave early and the rest of the guest tend to do the mazes after dark.  
Justin

Some parts of the country break up on the Thursday this year too, but the majority will break up on the Friday.
discodale

Hi,

Looking to by tickets for the scare mazes online when u go to book the mazes you have the option to buy the 3 maze ticket then the new maze that was announced separately.

My Question is when booking it asks you to pick a time for the 3 maze ticket however you can't do all 3 nazes at exactly the same time. So how does the time option work?

Also if I book the 4th maze for a few hours after the 3 maze ticket will that be enough time?
Morgan

Regarding the three mazes- you start with one maze at your chosen time and then do the others back to back. Towers recommend you leave 90mins for them, so you should have plenty of time for The Welcoming :)
Dan

Morgan wrote:Regarding the three mazes- you start with one maze at your chosen time and then do the others back to back. Towers recommend you leave 90mins for them, so you should have plenty of time for The Welcoming :)
This year they are saying to allow 2 hours to complete the three mazes
discodale

Thanks
nothere

Hey

Is anyone having issue booking Alton towers scarefeast tickets for the last two days, i have tired different payment method and it keeps saying there is an issue with all of them?
Is anyone else getting the same, i called Merlin earlier but they have advised there is no issue and tickets can only be booked online.
Mickeyray

Hi guys, I've purchased tickets for Saturday 14th October for me and my boy. We've bought ultimate fast track for us again but this is the first time we're coming to scarefest. We intend to be there there 10am till 9pm but we don't want to be dragging coats about if we can't leave them in the car and grab them when it starts getting colder in the evening. I have tried to search on the Alton Towers website but its coming up with no answers.
Obviously it would suck terribly if we couldn't get back in having spent all this money. We can't wait for rides at dark.
Cheers in advance :-)
Count-Vonduel

You can ask the staff to stamp your hand on the way out, as long as it has not been washed off (VERY hard without actively trying to) they will let you back in!

If you can afford it, try do House of Monsters, I did it last year.
best £5 I ever spent!
Robert.W

If I remember correctly, last year we were all given white wrist bands as we left the park, so we could eat at the Crooked Spoon and then come back in. 

Also, the park do have lockers, but you have to put in some money, I think £5, as a deposit. This might be useful, but it depends how large your coats are.
Last edited by Robert.W on Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Count-Vonduel

^^^
Mickeyray wrote:Hi guys, I've purchased tickets for Saturday 14th October for me and my boy. We've bought ultimate fast track for us again but this is the first time we're coming to scarefest. We intend to be there there 10am till 9pm but we don't want to be dragging coats about if we can't leave them in the car and grab them when it starts getting colder in the evening. I have tried to search on the Alton Towers website but its coming up with no answers.
Obviously it would suck terribly if we couldn't get back in having spent all this money. We can't wait for rides at dark.
Cheers in advance :-)
(Just quoting so it will send a notification)
Anyway...

What are the odds of the hotels (but preferably, splash landings) being fully booked if I try to book the 29th of October, ON the 28th?