Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Count-Vonduel

Is that theming viewable from the park without trespassing?

Anyway, what I came here to ask was, is the Woodland Walk still a thing (before they started building the new hotel) and will it still be a thing after the new hotel has been built?
I need my Alton Abby sign and wood carved dragon...I need it...

NEED!!!
Liam.W

Count-Vonduel wrote:Is that theming viewable from the park without trespassing?
Yes. It is on the path down to Th13teen. So when approaching the towers from the mutiny bay side of the park and you come to the drinks/snack stall, turn right instead of going under the archway towards Hex. That then leads you down to Th13teen where the picnic tables are.

Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

RobHand

Does anyone know the best/cheapest way to get to the resort from stoke on Trent station as Im visiting next week. I have got a private taxi before at £15 each way but they have gone up to £20 now. Are their any companies that people know of that do the journey for a cheaper price? Thanks
Count-Vonduel

I think that would be the bus, last year (at scarefest mind you) it ran twice in the morning 8 something and 9 something I think but don't quote me on this also I think it only runs on weekdays but I don't know.
Anyway, does anyone know why the the dark forest entrance music (at the giant dark forest gate by woodcutters, not the entrance to thirteen) is so ungodly loud?
Nickolai

I'm not sure to be honest. It has been very loud around the woodcutters entrance for a few years now. Whether it has got any louder this year, I don't know. What I have noticed now Hex is back open is that you can hear the Dark Forest audio from walking out the ride around the warehouse. It bleeds so much you can't actually hear the Heritage audio until you join back with the main path.
Formally Smiler313
Adam.W

Anyway, does anyone know why the the dark forest entrance music (at the giant dark forest gate by woodcutters, not the entrance to thirteen) is so ungodly loud?
To distract from the fact that the area isn't dark nor is a forest?
Robert.W

I too was surprised at the loud music. Perhaps it's to draw more people into the area... even though the area is usually very busy, I feel that many people just walk right through Fountain Square to CCL.

TibBo

Do they still have the Elmo/Cookie Monster/Phoebe characters in Cbeebies land that you can meet?
If so, are there any specific times for the meets, or is it just luck whether you happen to see them wandering around?  Thanks guys! :)
Justin

Meet and greet characters can usually be found at Big Show Time, however, there are no showtimes listed on the website at the moment. It may be worth emailing Alton, especially with the hotel opening just a few weeks away.
jules verne

does any one have an idea how busy it will be on Saturday July 8th and what rides have single rider ques now ? 
Liam.W

One second I'll just dig my crystal ball out of the cellar. 

Ok got it. Well it is school trip season so expect it to be fairly busy. It was very busy yesterday (Saturday July 1st) so expect it to be busy.

Single rider is found on:
  • Smiler
  • Oblivion
  • Th13teen
  • Spinball Whizzer
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

harryss123

Does anyone know the best/cheapest way to get to the resort from stoke on Trent station as Im visiting next week. I have got a private taxi before at £15 each way but they have gone up to £20 now. Are their any companies that people know of that do the journey for a cheaper price? Thanks
I used the bus at the beginning of June (Saturday 3rd June). It is cheaper than a taxi, but takes a lot longer at around an hour each way. 
See the link below for all times/prices from Stoke station:
https://www.firstgroup.com/potteries/more/alton-towers

Although I have never used it, you can arrive from Derby station too. It only runs Monday to Friday and a link to the bus company website is below:
https://www.nottsderby.co.uk/service-times-info/ 

Just take a careful look at the dates (I hope they will extend the Stoke station service for scarefest and fireworks closer to the time). Hope that helps you and anyone else who arrives by train and wants to get to the resort. 
pompeyjags

hi all,

sorry if this has been asked previously but are you able to rent towels from the waterpark?

thanks.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

pompeyjags wrote:hi all,

sorry if this has been asked previously but are you able to rent towels from the waterpark?

thanks.
The FAQs on the Resort's website suggest towels can be hired for £2 each.
pompeyjags

lewis97 wrote:
pompeyjags wrote:hi all,

thanks.
The FAQs on the Resort's website suggest towels can be hired for £2 each.
thanks, probably should have looked there lol
Nickolai

Last year Alton Towers offered half price off Bronze Fastrack to schools last year with a code which was SCHOOLS16. Does anyone if they are offering this again this year as it was really beneficial? Has anyone been in the school season yet to know of any information about this? Or, would it be better directly asking Towers/Merlin?
Formally Smiler313
KimJonesy

Hi everyone!

Couple of resort questions. I'm taking my 2 year son for the first time! I frequented in the 90s and 00s and now bring the next generation! Anyway...

1) does the Splash Landings hotel have a secret drawer like the old AT rooms?

2) can Splash Landings guests visit the Cbeebies hotel?

We're visiting in August and I'm so excited I could burst!!

X
ROYJESS

KimJonesy wrote:Hi everyone!

Couple of resort questions. I'm taking my 2 year son for the first time! I frequented in the 90s and 00s and now bring the next generation! Anyway...

1) does the Splash Landings hotel have a secret drawer like the old AT rooms?

2) can Splash Landings guests visit the Cbeebies hotel?

We're visiting in August and I'm so excited I could burst!!

X
1.  Splash Landings and Alton Hotel both used to have secret draws, but they haven't made use of the secret draws for many years now.
2. CBeebies hotel is exclusively for the CBeebies hotel guest only, you won't be allowed in. However you are allowed to use the facilities in the other resort hotels 
SolidGold

Hello all! I am looking at going to Alton Towers for the first time from the USA, probably on Sunday the 6th of Aug.

My question is regarding taking a Taxi, I would plan to stay near Stoke on Trent or Longton and then Taxi since the bus schedule is complete crap (probably one of the major problems the park is having is that the only Public transport options cut off 2 full hours from the open times and take an hour each way) , this is going to be around 40 GBP round trip correct? Would I just ask my hotel to help set this up for me around 8:15 in the morning for early entry or any recommendations on how to book? Would also need to return around 6:45 that evening, how to book this or any other option?
Robert.W

Ok, I'm going to try my best here...
When you arrive at your hotel, I would ask about what local taxi firms there are so that you know what there is to choose from. I'm sure they will be able to give any details like phone numbers etc. or even help you book your taxi. You mentioned about early entry... do you mean to the theme park? If so, because you aren't staying at one of the onsite hotels, you won't be able to do this. My recommendation is that you book a taxi a day in advance for about 9am to 9.30am as the park opens to day guests at 10am. For your return time, I would ask the taxi driver if they would be able to come back at this time. Also, the rides queues close at 4pm, 5pm or 6pm. This time will be noted on the large bill boards at the entrance to the resort. To be safe, I would ask the taxi driver if they could come some time between 5pm and 5.30pm as the park doesn't close immediately after the ride queues close anyway.
Also, I would advise you to book the theme park tickets online so that you won't have to wait in multiple queues on the day as you currently have to take your printed booking to the turnstiles, so booking will save you from having to wait in an extra queue to buy the tickets. Also booking online will save you some money too. 
I hope this has helped a bit. I would also advise checking out the Alton Towers website too.