Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NeoXIII

Stripes91 wrote:If I was to purchase tickets from Nov 5th (fireworks) could I purchase a 'bounce back' ticket on park for the 6th?
I don't see why it shouldn't be possible, however check with the box office if that's the actual case. Would not be surprised it's not possible because of the special event, but then again they don't charge people more for Fireworks in the first place.
DrKelman

Is this weekend classed as travelers weekend? I'm going to Alton tomorrow and don't want to be overrun by them :lol
DeadJack5

DrKelman wrote:Is this weekend classed as travelers weekend? I'm going to Alton tomorrow and don't want to be overrun by them :lol
It appears so for today atleast. From my knowledge they only really go for the one day so maybe tomorrow and Sunday will be ok.
Rhezz

I've booked to stay at AT this week with the park entry included (scarefest + free 2nd day etc). Will I have to book the Scarefest mazes as well separately or are they included in my package? I know there is mention of booking a time slot.

Also will I have to book a table at the Rollercoaster restaurant or will I be able to get one if I just turn up?

And last question, is it worth purchasing the 'All day all you can eat' package? What does it include?
Danny

Rhezz wrote:I've booked to stay at AT this week with the park entry included (scarefest + free 2nd day etc). Will I have to book the Scarefest mazes as well separately or are they included in my package? I know there is mention of booking a time slot.

Also will I have to book a table at the Rollercoaster restaurant or will I be able to get one if I just turn up?

And last question, is it worth purchasing the 'All day all you can eat' package? What does it include?
Hey Rhezz,

Unless you have been told otherwise, the mazes are an extra that you can either book in advance or pay on the day of your visit. It's £20 for all three, or £16 if you are a MAP holder.

The Roller Coaster Restaurant is no longer taking reservations, so you'll be free to walk up on the day for a table, just be aware that it's likely to be very busy.

Unfortunately I've never purchased the all day dining package so wouldn't know much about that, perhaps someone else can expand?

Hope this has been useful :)
NeoXIII

Rhezz wrote:
I hit up Merlin the other day with some questions regarding that as well!
All info can be found here: https://www.altontowers.com/activities/ ... ay-dining/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a bit cheaper when pre-book online, but you can always head to the box office before 3PM to get them there/check availability. I would advise you to pre-book even as an annual pass holder, as the price on the day is still more expensive than pre-booking.
Note that you have to be an even number of people to use it! And check the website for which restaurants you can use too. I'm planning to use them myself for my next visit, so I could not tell you how it is personally, but hope it helps!
NeoXIII

Follow up to the All Day Dining tickets:
Use this link instead if you pre-order during Scarefest. The price is higher (which makes sense considering the park is open for longer): http://www.altontowers.com/activities/events/scarefest/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nickolai

Why did Air/Galactica have a trim brake on the bunny hops if it isn't needed? I know that it is used to feed information to the ride op and computer, but why did they need the actual trim? :)
Formally Smiler313
Chris
Admin
Admin

This was common on a lot of B&M's at the time. It is easier to install one rather than modify the track later on if required. Some B&M's were also built with two holes through the track to install a trim at a later date, again if required.
plasticboy

Hi All,

Does anyone know why the resort is closing down from 3rd January until the end of March????

We usually go for a weekend stay in the hotels Jan/Feb time and have a great time in the waterpark and making the most of the hotel facilities, but this year I noticed no availability on the website. When I called AT to enquire, they said that the resort is completely closing down!

This is the first time I have known this. Anyone know what's going on? Last time we went out of season the place was really busy still, seems an odd decision to close completely.
Justin

It is very likely down to staffing issues and costs.
Unfortunately, it looks like Alron will be losing more staff this winter, moreso from this side of operations.
stevelynds

Just chatted to one of the team online and They will be adding breaks for Feb half term to the website very soon
Nickolai

Whether Nemesis: Sub-Terra will open, how does the floor work on the towers? When you sit down, you don't think the floor underneath your feet will move and you get nervous. After you drop as soon as you stop rising up, the flow seems to have 'reappeared'. I have always wondered what happens to the floor.
Formally Smiler313
MakoMania

Part of the floor is attached to the drop towers and drops with them I believe.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Owen

The floor is attached to the vehicles yes. You can see the difference between the metal flooring and concrete here -

Nickolai

On my first ride I thought the metal flooring would flap down or something so when the reshow was happening I was watching the floor for it to flap down. It was a bit of a scare when it dropped and I thought I would not end up good. And then when it raised back to the top and it 'reappeared instantly' I was baffled. Thanks Owen and MakoMania for clearing this up! :)
Formally Smiler313
RobHand

I swear I wasn't dreaming this, but very early on in the SW7 development, wasn't their like a competition going on at the time to be involved/create ideas (or something alone these lines), to be involved with making SW7? I'm almost 99.9% sure I remember seeing this on an external site from Alton Towers about this which was teasing a new coaster for 2013?

Does anyone know if it ever happened or like what it actually was, I swear I'm not going mad :lol :yikes:
Owen

This did happen yes :)

It was marketed as "Win The Prize Of A Lifetime... Help design our new ride!" and people had to sum up why they should be chosen in 100 words :)

theparklifekid

I wonder if the winner actually gave the idea of the ride. :-k
Don't suppose we know who won?
A TowersTimes Middle East Reporter!
Nickolai

Does anyone know why The Smiler only ran with the yellow acrylic decorations on the trains for only the first season of operation?
Formally Smiler313