Alton Towers Resort Quick Questions

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ryan.B

Yeah, he can't control what happens with the rides or park operations, he just rents it out, like any other rented property, say an house, the person renting it can't control whether they bring in their own TV and set times they can use it, or what they are allowed in, they just make money out of it. It's the same kind of stuff here as well. :)
thedeckking

Anyone at the park today know if enterprise is working again?
Ryan.B

thedeckking wrote:Anyone at the park today know if enterprise is working again?
They tweeted this back
@altontowers: @RLB_500 Hi Ryan, Enterprise is not open tomorrow we're afraid, apologies.
Lee

Ryan.B wrote:
thedeckking wrote:Anyone at the park today know if enterprise is working again?
They tweeted this back
@altontowers: @RLB_500 Hi Ryan, Enterprise is not open tomorrow we're afraid, apologies.
Still down today too with techies working on it.
jamesc

Easy fix, replace it with the one from Thorpe Park, then they can get something new to replace theirs.
As long as there is Imagination in the World, there will be bigger, better rides!
Ryan.B

Zodiac is quite old too, it was at drayton manor before, no point replacing it if it is going to leave, I doubt they will announce it has closed until removal, so it could be either, techies working on it probably means they are trying to re open it.
dmmosh1

how much are individual fast passes for sonic, sub-terra, the flume and rapids ?
Morgan

I'd imagine £3-£7 :)
evenstar120

DavidRock wrote:
Sentri558 wrote:I did a little digging on the forums and didn't find anything specific about this, so here goes:
Are the all day dining passes worth it?

Specifically, how many donuts/Waffles + Ices count as a "meal" xD
According to T's&C's you may have "One meal, one side and a drink. You may not return within half an hour"
Planning on staying in the Hobbit holes (enchanted village), skip breakfast, get all day dining in the park and have all 3 meals there :3
Usually you can free choose from the Donuts and Waffles shops so for example you could have either 1,5 or 10 donuts and also a drink. I did try this last year as it gives a great opportunity to try some new restaurants on park without the worry of if you don't like the food after paying for the meal.

One side note however if you are planning on getting this for yourself you won't be able to purchase an individual All Day Dining Pass. This year you have to purchase a minimum of 2 Dining Passes which will cost £54. I found this out as my partner has quite a lot of allergies so I wanted to get this but was told I couldn't and I didn't want to spend £54 on the passes just for myself.

Alton Towers have done this as the system was open to abuse with people sharing food which I have witnessed while on site. However it seems that the individual person has been punished because of this. That is my only grumble this season.

Hope the above helps.
Absolutely agree. Really shoddy treatment of the individual guest. I don't feel valued as a customer and won't be renewing my MAP next season because I don't think Alton wants single guests in the park. I really don't care what their lame rationale for doing it was, the scheme is still open to abuse now and stopping sales of individual wristbands clearly hasn't had much or any impact. I didn't abuse this scheme and I object to being held responsible for the actions of other people. Discriminatory, badly thought out and enough to make me refuse to renew next year, even more so given the very very inflated renewal prices of the MAPS.
PerilousKitty

Asking cause i love that music. and same goes for air music and oblivion ect. it all the same as when those coasters were first built?
Stan.H

PerilousKitty wrote:Asking cause i love that music. and same goes for air music and oblivion ect. it all the same as when those coasters were first built?
Yep.
Stan.H

dmmosh1 wrote:how much are individual fast passes for sonic, sub-terra, the flume and rapids ?
Think those are £4 each
jo_jo_1uk

Can Towers2 tickets be used for scarefest?
TibBo

Howdy folks!
Bit of a random question, but it seems quite difficult to find a straight-forward answer....
During the closed season between Nov-March-ish, what is actually open for Hotel guests to do?

I'm guessing the Waterpark/Golf are open, but didn't know if Sealife center or any of the kiddies sections might still be accessible? Are any of the toddler rides open or anything like that?
If only Sealife center is open for example, do you need to pay separately to get into the park still?

Thanks for all the help! :)
humanshifter

The small rides of mutiny bay including the sealife centre are open, I can't remember what other kids' rides were open as my little bro thought he was too old to go see them :p

They have a lot more entertainment closer to Xmas and had an ice rink set up outside at one point, as well as Santa's grotto. I've only been there for Xmas breaks so I'm not sure what changes away from then, but both Xmas breaks I've had there were awesome :)

I think you can get deals booking the hotels that let you in the rest of the park for free or very cheap, but don't quote me on that as I didn't personally book the trips. I know the ice skating was extra though
TibBo

ahh fantastic! thanks so much for the reply :)
RedStar98

I'm taking my boyfriend from Canada to the park in summer, roughly around July 13th- 17th, and although I doubt the Smiler will be open by this point, can it be assumed that the park and the rest of the rides will generally be operating as normal by this time?
Ripsaw Raver

Well X-Sector is now open again, not sure if Sub-Terra will be open though.

As much as it pains me to say this... My partner wants to know if due to the exceptional circumstances resulting in reduced rides and closed days if AT Will refund an Annual Pass, It took me long enough to persuade him get an AP (3Years) but now hes not to eager to rush back loads of times to make the most of the pass. Think were still going Scarefest though.
Lee

Ripsaw Raver wrote:Well X-Sector is now open again, not sure if Sub-Terra will be open though.

As much as it pains me to say this... My partner wants to know if due to the exceptional circumstances resulting in reduced rides and closed days if AT Will refund an Annual Pass, It took me long enough to persuade him get an AP (3Years) but now hes not to eager to rush back loads of times to make the most of the pass. Think were still going Scarefest though.
Sub- Terra is having a design upgrade, which is entirely seperate to recent closures as a result of the incident on The Smiler.

With respect, it comes across as a little opportunistic to be looking for a refund or partial extension as a result of the crash. The terms of your pass stipulate all rides are subject to availability and unless you intended to actually visit on any of the closure days, it wouldn't have affected your use of your attraction based Annual Pass.

If you are happy to go to an event, then your position on ride safety is compromised. I can't see the resort offering you a refund at all as it does appear to take advantage of the recent incident and short lived closure.
Ripsaw Raver

Tbh thats what i thought, And just to clarify that was done for my Partner, if TheSmiler opened tommorow id have no hesitations. Be interesting to find out if the SubTerra upgrade is to link with Neme21s Or a ReJig of the central core show? Maybe interesting to start a topic on it?