Alton Towers Resort - Staff and Recruitment

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Stan.H

Yeah thought so, I might be applying for a summer position this year - as I have almost a 3 month holiday!  
definedancing

Which department are you applying for?

And 16 for most entry positions (ride host, retail host, customer services etc).
Stan.H

definedancing wrote:Which department are you applying for?

And 16 for most entry positions (ride host, retail host, customer services etc).
I'm not sure yet, whichever departments I'd be able to get a job in! :D
definedancing

Rides is where it’s at! I’m biased though haha.

I have friends on other departments though who’ve had good experiences. It’s a very social job and not for everyone, but I love it.
Stan.H

definedancing wrote:Rides is where it’s at! I’m biased though haha.

I have friends on other departments though who’ve had good experiences. It’s a very social job and not for everyone, but I love it.
Is being a Ride Host 16+ then? I thought Ride Op and Ride Host was 18+, but hopefully, Ride Host is 16+, that sounds great! 
definedancing

Yes, Ride Host is 16+. Ride Op is 18+, but you have to host before you can op. 
Hari

I've got an interview for TP tomorrow but guessing its the same as AT recruitment, do they tell you the job offer result on the day? I've applied for a seasonal role to work over summer so I assume it has to be soon. Tah :)
Dan

The Careers at Alton Towers Resort Facebook page have announced that recruitment for this years Scarefest will begin on 27th July and auditions will be held across 6 dates, with the final date being 7th September.

Liam B

Hi guys! Long time no see.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this topic or if this has already been started, its been a while since I've been on here haha.

I'm hoping to be applying for a scare actor position at Alton Towers this year and was curious if anyone else on the forum has done this, and if so how is the audition and do you have any tips for the day?

Cheers!
Last edited by Dan on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Altonvickx

tytansley wrote:Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accommodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!
I too would love to know of any accommodation too. (crosses everything!) if I get the job after the 12th, I will have to temporarily move down there as I live in south Yorkshire.  
NemeJaney

Altonvickx wrote:
tytansley wrote:Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accomodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!
I too would love to know of any accommodation too. (crosses everything!) if i get the job after the 12th, i will have to temporarily move down there as i live in south yorkshire.  
Hi guys,
First of all, congrats on getting the interviews!
In terms of accommodation, I may be able to help suggest something. In the 2016 season I worked at Towers and lived in Stoke on Trent. I was really struggling to find accommodation and didn't actually find a place to live until the day I moved there (due to all sorts of things like tenant age restrictions/lack of basic furnishings/other dodgy tenants in the property etc) :lol the people who saved me were Pegasus Property Group. They're a local agent whose properties I didn't seem to spot on any of my prior online searches, but the place they put me up in was affordable and comfortable. It was lovely of them to help me out in such a last minute situation without bankrupting me, so I'd say work out your budget, check them out and see how it goes :) 
Maybe you'll meet people in the interview who know somewhere good or would like to do a house share with you, perhaps?
That's all I can suggest for now and sorry if this sounded like a cheesy advert!! Best of luck!
Altonvickx

NemeJaney wrote:
Altonvickx wrote:
tytansley wrote:Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accomodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!
I too would love to know of any accommodation too. (crosses everything!) if I get the job after the 12th, I will have to temporarily move down there as I live in south Yorkshire.  
Hi guys,
First of all, congrats on getting the interviews!
In terms of accommodation, I may be able to help suggest something. In the 2016 season I worked at Towers and lived in Stoke on Trent. I was really struggling to find accommodation and didn't actually find a place to live until the day I moved there (due to all sorts of things like tenant age restrictions/lack of basic furnishings/other dodgy tenants in the property etc) :lol the people who saved me were Pegasus Property Group. They're a local agent whose properties I didn't seem to spot on any of my prior online searches, but the place they put me up in was affordable and comfortable. It was lovely of them to help me out in such a last minute situation without bankrupting me, so I'd say work out your budget, check them out and see how it goes :) 
Maybe you'll meet people in the interview who know somewhere good or would like to do a house share with you, perhaps?
That's all I can suggest for now and sorry if this sounded like a cheesy advert!! Best of luck!
Thanks so much!! this has helped. I've see that name pop up somewhere but can remember where so thank you! Amazing they helped you aswel, proves they're genuine :)
Stan.H

Great video on the Alton Towers Dungeons Audition Process - hope this helps anyone with questions regarding auditions for anything Towers based, would guess they have a similar process for the majority of roles that they offer. 
Altonvickx

If anyone wants to house share with another staff member. The house im currently in is in Hanley and has 2 rooms available. I'm the only Alton Towers staff member and would be great to have another member of staff there too. I'm with 3 other people that aren't staff that speak very little english. So just stuck in my room haha

The landlord is called mark and under 'rooms to roost' (for street name inbox me)

Incase anyone needs somewhere close to the staff bus that doesn't yet have a place to stay for work. Rent is reasonable for area.

Hope this helps someone as I struggled to find somewhere myself as I don't live near Skoke on Trent.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Merlin are now looking to recruit a new Divisional Director for Alton Towers, with Ian Crabbe moving on to elsewhere within the group.
Piggins

Hey, I have applied for scarefest maze host and wondering how long people usually wait to hear back? Also if people have worked part time what kind of shifts/hours/ days do they get?

If successful and tips on where to stay, I was thinking of using air B&B?

Thanks guys.
Bexa

What are the requirements regarding previous experience when it comes to acting for jobs such as in the Dungeons? Do they require you to have say drama GCSE, or attend an amateur dramatics kinda thing or can you apply without that?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
MutinyBay98

Hello All

I am new to this Forurm

I have been selected for an interview as ride host,Park F&B Team And Rollercoaster Restaurant member

i just wanted to ask a few questions

Q1: What is a typical Day in this Roles
Q2: What is the Assesment Centre day like/Any Tips
Q3: Would AT Recruit me if i lived 38 miles away but could get a travel grant or would they be able to put me up at staff rates at their hotel or staff acommadation
Q4: What are At like with Disabled Applicants
Q5: What Interview Questions Will They Ask
Q7: What Research will i have to find out about AT

I would be very greatful if anybody could reply to me with some answers as i have only worked in Visitor Attraction for 2 months At CW

Many Thanks

Owen
Bexa

Hi,

I've recently applied and got a 3 hour face to face interview to be a ride host this week.

Can I ask a few questions?:

- What sort of questions will they ask?
- What’s employee transport like from Derby?
- What will they expect me to know?
- What sort of dress code do they expect for the interview?
- What questions will I need to ask?
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move
calebgill352

Hi everyone, I am not too far from leaving school for good (just under 30 days) and I want to get a temporary job at Alton Towers in the position of a Ride Host. however, I would need to move closer as I am currently 6 hours away. If there is anyone here that has a spare room to rent or knows someone doing something similar around the area it would be such a help.