Alton Towers Resort - Staff and Recruitment

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nickolai

Do Merlin offer apprenticeships?
Formally Smiler313
tytansley

Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accommodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!
Bert

tytansley wrote:Hi, I'm going for an interview for ride host on Monday. Is there any staff members here that can PM me about the recruitment process, and where to find accommodation if (Fingers crossed!) I get the job?
Thank you!
Firstly good luck! But remember staff at the park do monitor Towers forums including TowersTimes and TowersStreet so be extra careful when posting any let's say 'constructive feedback' online. Also welcome to TowersTimes!
[Insert Signature Here]
CoasterTastic

Hi all, I'm new to the forum. :D

So eventually when I leave school, I would like to work at Alton Towers with the aim of operating a ride like nemesis, etc. I understand that you can't do this overnight and wondered if anyone on here who might work at a theme park, etc could give me some info about this? Many thanks. :)
Robert.W

CoasterTastic wrote:Hi all, I'm new to the forum. :D

So eventually when I leave school, I would like to work at Alton Towers with the aim of operating a ride like nemesis, etc. I understand that you can't do this overnight and wondered if anyone on here who might work at a theme park, etc could give me some info about this? Many thanks. :)
I believe that you can become a ride operator as long as your 18 or older. I think they will require you to do a small period of ride hosting before becoming an operator though. They will train you to operate the ride so you will need pretty much no prior experience anyway.

definedancing

You wouldn't go straight to a large coaster though. You'd be doing a season or so on a smaller rides or a couple of small ones first to get to grips with operating.

Good luck :)
towerslover

Does anybody know if it is possible to commute to towers from Derby using public transport/a staff bus daily? Thanks :)
definedancing

You'd have a bit of a hard time as afaik there's no direct buses unless the x52 is still running. Depending on where you're working as well you may be required to be in as early as 8am each day. Your best bet is to drive or find someone willing to take you in halfway (Uttoxeter or Ashbourne perhaps).
Nickolai

Does anyone know much about the pay structure for Alton Towers. For instance would someone know how much would a Manager's wage be?
Formally Smiler313
Justin

Pay will vary depending on the role and experience the candidate has. It would be worth checking out http://www.merlincareers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information.
Bgp

Hi one of my friends kept her magic pass accidentally and was charged, she offered me tickets to use at thorpe park and said it should still work even though she isnt an employee anymore because she paid the fine, is this true?
definedancing

I wouldn't risk it....
definedancing

Hello!

If you want a fun job next year to fit in with college, uni and general life (or full time!), Towers will be recruiting as of next month ;).

If any of you apply, all the best in your application!
Braaadd-14

I was wondering if anoyone can let me know how the staff bus runs, when? Where and how much it costs?
NemeJaney

Not sure what the route is these days, but from memory they do a ten-trip ticket at a good price, and also it costs £4.50 for a single from Towers to Stoke. Can't remember any other rates/return prices, sorry! 
NemeJaney

As it happens, the 'Careers at Alton Towers Resort' Facebook page has just posted a timetable for their staff bus service. The post itself mentions some specific pricing as well :)
Tonik

Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where the Learning Academy is, I have an interview there but I'm not sure where it is?
Thanks
Aidan Lowe

Tonik wrote:Hi everyone,
Does anyone know where the Learning Academy is, I have an interview there but I'm not sure where it is?  
Thanks
As far as I'm aware Tonik its this building. So as you head down the lanes make a right turn into the entrance of where it says about Express Car Park & Coaches, a member of staff is usually there, park up closeby and head over.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Stan.H

Does anyone know what the minimum age for working at Towers is (for any job)? 
Robert.W

Pretty sure it's 16 @Stan.H. Although, it will be higher for some positions, such as a ride operator, which I think is 18+ only.