Rides you want to see leave the park.

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
70s_kid

JaykeAT wrote:
Thorpegirl123 wrote:I think oblivion should go. It never seems to have any queues and I can't say I find it very thrilling.
Oblivion wouldn't be "financially viable" to remove, as the hole created for it would cost a lot to fill. I'd also say that the lack of queues is more to do with an amazing throughput then lack of popularity.
They could fill in the Oblivion hole using The Blade, Enterprise and The Flume.

Keep the Oblivion music though, it's the best on the park in my opinion.

Whatever they do next I'd be hoping for better theming. The Smiler queue line (what seems like miles of bare concrete and black mesh fencing) depresses me. The scaffolding around Dark Forest, and nobby the staff member with his broken down van in the thirteen queue line are poor attempts at theming and look like they've done with whatever was lying around in one of the maintenance yards.
stealthsmiler

TBF, I think the queue for the Smiler works. It shows the contrast of the sad people in the queue and the corrected ones on the ride and kinda works in a way that thats how people would queue to go into a correctional facility like that. Although I'd like to see a more controlling environment. More CCTV, to feel like your under constant observation (and beneficial for seeing more of the ride area) and speakers where strict instructions are given to feel very military controlled like. And then as you get closer to the building, or once inside, TVs giving propaganda and a false view on the ride and how its going to make you happy, in a similar way to Oblivions queue line TV ads, just without the counter argument.
Stan.H

The Smiler queue line (what seems like miles of bare concrete and black mesh fencing) depresses me.
In my opinion, I love the smilers queue line, as it in a way hypnotises you to the music and all the screens, and it is also very unnearving going into the dark room and just as your eyes have adjusted to the dark the strobe light goes off and blinds you. But yet, I do understand what you mean about it being boring. I think at should add some lighting (moving heads) and maybe some more 'things to do!!'.
KatangaZebra

Ripsaw
TheSmiling97

the only rides I would want to see leave the park are ripsaw and blade as the have both way past their life span and they're getting old and rusty, they're only going to get worse in condition. but they'll need to put something worthwhile in their places because ripsaw and blade are very popular attraction.
Max

Charlie and the chocolate factory. Nothing good about it, feels like a huge waste of space.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Alton2016

I think Charlie and the chocolate factory needs to go because it is a very boring ride. It is time for it to go.
Stan.H

TheSmiling97 wrote:the only rides I would want to see leave the park are ripsaw and blade as the have both way past their life span and they're getting old and rusty, they're only going to get worse in condition. but they'll need to put something worthwhile in their places because ripsaw and blade are very popular attraction.
Seems like your dream have come true!! Ripsaw is currently in prices in the Alton Towers car park! Not sure about Blade though, that might just about have one season left!! :lol
JonDoesTT

Sonic Spinball. It really isn't that great and could be replaced with something much better.

Credit to NemesisRider
definedancing

JonDoesTT wrote:Sonic Spinball. It really isn't that great and could be replaced with something much better.
By doing so you'd isolate a large audience of kids who are too old for CBeebies and too small for the 1'4m rides. I also disagree with your sentiment on it being not very good, but seeing as I worked on it for a season I'm a bit biased!
Aidan Lowe

JonDoesTT wrote:Sonic Spinball. It really isn't that great and could be replaced with something much better.
While it doesn't seem to be overly popular with TT'ers when it does get removed rest assured it'll most likely be an extension of cbeebies, so "something much better" for the young children but removing a gap for the mid-range guest as definedancing mentioned. And imo it'll be a loss to the park, its an eye sore I'll grant you that but its fun.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

I love Spinball! Perfect medium between CBeebies & the big 6.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
zakwoolley1

Enterprise should be replaced with another flat. There's nothing enjoyable about it. The negative g's at the top make you slip out your seat and when you try and get back in the positive g's at the bottom make it impossible.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
definedancing

I guess this topic is entirely subjective. You have to remember that every ride on park will be someone's favourite, whether it be Nemesis, The Smiler or Oblivion, or Frog Hopper, The Skyride or Battle Galleons. :)
LiamWhitehurst

definedancing wrote:I guess this topic is entirely subjective. You have to remember that every ride on park will be someone's favourite, whether it be Nemesis, The Smiler or Oblivion, or Frog Hopper, The Skyride or Battle Galleons. :)
Apart from Enterprise; no one likes Enterprise... ;)
Smiffy107

I think they should remove sub terra, I went on it the week it opened and found it so pointless.
The woman asked 'spare a farthing for a beggar', the earl cruelly dismissed her, and instructed his driver to head back to the towers, scorned the old woman screamed the curse 'FOR EVERY BRANCH OF THE OLD OAK THAT FALLS, A MEMBER OF YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE!'
JustWill

I don't think any are that bad, but if I had to choose one it would be Galloper's Carousel. EDIT: I mean, you can go on a carousel like anywhere else.
Adam.W

TMIwill wrote:I don't think any are that bad, but if I had to choose one it would be Galloper's Carousel. EDIT: I mean, you can go on a carousel like anywhere else.
I think if they replaced it with more of an iconic/decent one much like the one in Fantasy Land in the Magic Kingdom, it would be a bit more appealing for everyone.
I think the fact that it's in CCL just makes it a bit more rubbish, especially since CCL could be rethemed into something much better than it currently is.
JustWill

Adam.W wrote:
TMIwill wrote:I don't think any are that bad, but if I had to choose one it would be Galloper's Carousel. EDIT: I mean, you can go on a carousel like anywhere else.
I think if they replaced it with more of an iconic/decent one much like the one in Fantasy Land in the Magic Kingdom, it would be a bit more appealing for everyone.
I think the fact that it's in CCL just makes it a bit more rubbish, especially since CCL could be rethemed into something much better than it currently is.
Maybe if they brought in a recognisable IP (a bit like Sonic) it might draw some more guests in?
Twinklepark

I know gallopers carousel may be pointless to most of you, but I have a 2 year old daughter that loves it! It may be the same as all others and may be in the wrong location (debatable). But it's universal, simple, takes up a small footprint, cheap to maintain and takes up only 1 ride op.

I'm open to a better one, but you should see the magic in a babies eyes when they see it! Isn't that what the park is supposed to do, Provide a magical experience for families?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk