Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
CoasterBoyyt

Thanks, I'll have to see what happens closer to the event and I won't book the maze tickets yet.

About The Attic - I'm happy that they are bringing ToTT back in a different form, it needed changes but I missed it last year. I wonder how similar it will be to the original maze - will it still have the slow descent through the towers and the intense finale, or perhaps a more theatrical approach to the attraction. I'm definitely looking forward to what they produce this year.
Scarecoaster

A quick question - where can you get the air cannons used in scare mazes?
Morgan

Theme Park Guide have shared a photo update of various construction-y bits, and with it comes the interesting news of containers inside the Courtyard for Darkest Depths, and confirming that The Attic will be, uhh, in the top floor of the ruins. What's interesting about this, is that access to the top floor is a little tricky with only two staircases leading to it- so it'll likely use the floor below as well. This means that The Attic will be long- like, really long when compared to their other mazes. Less than a month to go now!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Alton Towers Holidays website has been updated with descriptions of The Attic and Darkest Depths which provide a little more insight into what these mazes will contain:
The Attic: Terror of the Towers
Dare you venture up to The Attic in this live action maze where you'll discover the ghost of 'The Governess'! According to local legend, she tries to avenge the death of her charges by taking the spirits of the living as penance – will you be her next victim?
Darkest Depths
Board the infamous ghost ship 'The Mutiny' and journey into the darkest depths to earn your piece of eight. The treacherous Sirens will try to lure you into the ocean as you dodge the swords of the mutinous ghost pirates and come face to face with the sea's meanest legend of all... the Kraken!
Morgan

On a speculative note thanks to this little tidbit on Darkest Depths, could we possibly see a big puppet for the "kraken"? And with some of the old Sub containers being sighted, maybe parts of the old alien puppet could be retrofitted?
Dan

Alton Towers have posted a Scarefest teaser video on Twitter.

Captioned “Can you hear that?” and with water dripping in the background, I believe we have the first teaser for Darkest Depths.
Dan

As reported on TowersTimes News, Alton Towers have revealed further details for the new additions to this year’s Scarefest line-up, including the promise that “The Attic: Terror of the Towers” will be their most chilling maze yet!

Also revealed were more details for Darkest Depths, alongside some additional spooks and scares coming to “The Alton Towers Dungeon”

Who can’t wait for Scarefest to get underway?
O_Butler

How can they justify £60 to do all mazes and park entry for non MAP holders??
Dan

O_Butler wrote:How can they justify £60 to do all mazes and park entry for non MAP holders??
The maze and park entry ticket option works out £2 cheaper than booking park entry and the Scare Maze combi ticket separately. I personally think that the £52 entry & maze ticket is decent value, as you’re essentially only paying £32 to actually get in to the park.

Even with The Attic bolted on to make the £60 price you mentioned, it still represents good value, in my opinion. The pricing structure for this year’s event hasn’t changed when compared to the previous two, with The Attic being the £8 maze rather than The Welcoming, so for a non-MAP holder to do all 4 main mazes it works out at £28.

I think Towers have it right with how they operate their mazes. I’d much prefer to pay £7 per maze and hardly have to queue than get mazes included with park entry and have to queue for 2 hours.
Swarm Chris

£60 is also a lot less than many other operators will charge, where you'll find they will typically charge that or more just for evening only entry.

I also believe Towers have got their system for Halloween set up well. These events come with significant extra cost, which if you want to do it properly, simply can't be funded with regular gate pricing.
CoasterBoyyt

On the Alton Towers Instagram story, the attic was described to be something 'VERY special' when asked about the scare mazes this year.

Not long now!
Scarecoaster

I've read that ERT does not exist during scarefest but Hotel guests get Fastrack to use instead.

I've booked a stay in the Enchanted Village - will I still get the complementary Fastrack?
Dan

Scarecoaster wrote:I've read that ERT does not exist during scarefest but Hotel guests get Fastrack to use instead.

I've booked a stay in the Enchanted Village - will I still get the complementary Fastrack?
You will. All guests staying in the Resort accommodation receive a complimentary Fastrack ticket to use as a substitute for ERT.
ROYJESS

Scarecoaster wrote:I've read that ERT does not exist during scarefest but Hotel guests get Fastrack to use instead.

Yes you will, but make sure that they are given to you or that you ask for them when you check in, they sometimes overlook them
Harry347

Worth noting I messaged Alton Towers and they said they were currently undecided on if they were doing this, this year.

I am there this weekend though so will find out and update :) 
Scarecoaster

Thanks, it will be helpful to know!
CoasterBoyyt

Anyone have any idea of the pumpkin ratings for the new mazes?
Harry347

First day of Scarefest tomorrow! and it'll be my first! will do my best to post a half decent trip report
CoasterBoyyt

Please put any spoilers in a spoiler tag! I'd love to read your review but would not like any spoilers :D
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Sun have published an article that provides a behind the scenes look at The Attic. Obviously it contains spoilers, so beware!