Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Pixie

kingbling11 wrote:
Pixie wrote:So did anybody notice if there were the extreme maze option once at the park ?
Yep! I asked them on Facebook yesterday and this was their answer :D
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AHH brilliant, thank you for your reply ! - just another q....are the extreme mazes open later, like is there a totally different time slot?

We just want to work out what to do when?! - so difficult because we are travelling up from Somerset on the Friday afternoon, so wont have much time on the Friday night to do much so Saturday we have to squeeze everything in....we want to the dinner as well, and the extreme mazes....plus ride some rides in the fark... #-o #-o - It would make things a whole lot easier of the exteme mazes are open after 9 p.m..... [-o<
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Pixie

Pixie wrote:
kingbling11 wrote:
Pixie wrote:So did anybody notice if there were the extreme maze option once at the park ?
Yep! I asked them on Facebook yesterday and this was their answer :D
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AHH brilliant, thank you for your reply ! - just another q....are the extreme mazes open later, like is there a totally different time slot?

We just want to work out what to do when?! - so difficult because we are travelling up from Somerset on the Friday afternoon, so wont have much time on the Friday night to do much so Saturday we have to squeeze everything in....we want to the dinner as well, and the extreme mazes....plus ride some rides in the fark... #-o #-o - It would make things a whole lot easier of the exteme mazes are open after 9 p.m..... [-o<
#-o I MEANT DARK.....oh good grief :-s - heavey weekend in Thorpe this weekend....thats my excuse for the POOORRRR TYPOS!
Tan x
kingbling11

Extreme mazes are, I believe similar to Face it Alone at TP, in that you get one experience of the maze, alone after the park closes :)
kierannewcombe

I'm attending Scarefest next week and in all honesty I'm not a big fan of jumps so mazes aren't my cup of tea. Having looked at Zombies this doesn't bother me and in Scary Tales there aren't many scares at all from the POV's I have seen. Can anyone back this up and possibly tell me about the mazes and if there even that bad. I don't mind the Sub-Terra maze if that helps at all?
kingbling11

Are the actors back in sub terra for scarefest? I hope they are as that's what made it good IMHO.
SamSimkin

Whats the lighting like this year?
kierannewcombe

SamSimkin wrote:Whats the lighting like this year?
From pictures it looks amazing. Really good effort. If you have snapchat add 'alton-towers'
Talbots Nemsis

speaking of lighting I have a vague recollection of the paths being quite dark as night falls. Have I remembered it right and that a lot of people take torches?
nicnax86

Anyone going to the ultimate sleepover? Weve booked for the 24th...totally buzzing!
arw2010

You beat me by a day! I'm going on the 25th. Save some scares for us!
altontowerskid

arw2010 wrote:Alice: madness returns pc game is the music.
Thank you for this, very quick answer :)
SamSimkin wrote:Whats the lighting like this year?
The lighting is great, the pathways between Mutiny Bay, Katanga Canyon and Gloomy Wood being the best. The whole park has a brilliant atmosphere this year - scare actors on Towers Street and around the Gloomy Wood area have a great presence.
kingbling11 wrote:Are the actors back in sub terra for scarefest? I hope they are as that's what made it good IMHO.
The actors are there are quite active! The 'scare' factor isn't anything like ToTT or The Sanctuary, however, it's enough to make Sub-Terra a good all-rounder :)
Pixie

nicnax86 wrote:Anyone going to the ultimate sleepover? Weve booked for the 24th...totally buzzing!
So jelous, my partner and I really wanted to do this but didnt think it was a good idea due to work commitments. We are both so eager to find out what happens and what its like. Really gutted and if it is any good and its a success, we will deifinitely be doing this next year. Please make sure you post your experience. :clap: :clap:

We are going to do the extreme mazes to make up for it and are doing the dining experience at the hotel too. Cannot wait. Scarefest is our absolute highlight of our year !!! :lol
Tan x
arw2010

The dining experience is outdoors near the towers ruins not in the hotels. Be sure to wrap up warm the email says.
kingbling11

Guys I need opinions!
Which is the best maze this year? TOTT or Sanctuary?
I'm doing an Extreme Maze this Saturday and want to know which would be the best to do, as extreme tickets will likely have sold out by the time I've gone on them both to decide.
altontowerskid

kingbling11 wrote:Guys I need opinions!
I'm doing an Extreme Maze this Saturday and want to know which would be the best to do, as extreme tickets will likely have sold out by the time I've gone on them both to decide.
IMO, ToTT is the superior maze. I went in both mazes on Sunday and found that although The Sanctuary had some fantastic acting and provides a great story and theme; ToTT is full of jump scares and extremely effective scenery which allows the actors to provide the best overall experience. The mixture of very quiet scenes and an extremely loud finale, meant that ToTT had scares that were effective for every member of our twelve-strong group. Everyone in our group came out of ToTT terrified, something it previously hadn't done.
Altonboy001

altontowerskid wrote:
kingbling11 wrote:Guys I need opinions!
IMO, ToTT is the superior maze. I went in both mazes on Sunday and found that although The Sanctuary had some fantastic acting and provides a great story and theme; ToTT is full of jump scares and extremely effective scenery which allows the actors to provide the best overall experience. The mixture of very quiet scenes and an extremely loud finale, meant that ToTT had scares that were effective for every member of our twelve-strong group. Everyone in our group came out of ToTT terrified, something it previously hadn't done.
whats different in the sanctuary y know without kelman
Altonboy001

KoasterKraver wrote:They can't do that, they haven't even removed it off the App Store, plus they have created a short page about scarefest, no music, no pictures or even detailed information about scarefest. It just mentions Scary Tales and general info.

Where can I find the queue times for the scare mazes? Website? Nothing on the apps!
there is now and ride times to
Altonboy001

TheSmilerMan wrote:Well then....Sanctuary for weakest maze, TotT really impressed story definitely made sense more and got a good few jumps! Zombies same as last year still great amd scary tales was well loved it, it'll be better in dark but yes great!
did you go to the staff preview event
Altonboy001

Alton13Nemesis wrote:I was there an Thursday and would say the complete opposite. Terror of the towers has many zig zags and periods where nothing happens, has very few actors and was generally trash. Sanctuary was more intense with more actors and a much more fearful experience than before. Sanctuary is the top maze this year for sure.
thats when i went, i ddnt notice scary tales open, was it
arw2010

Any one going to the ultimate sleep over tonight or tomorrow? Do they allow you to record video? Sounds potentially no filming alowed? Thx!