Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Morgan

I know! Well, at least we can keep CoS stuff for now....
broco101

AT said on twitter they were no longer updating the scarefest app and are just sticking with the Normal one.
KoasterKraver

They can't do that, they haven't even removed it off the App Store, plus they have created a short page about scarefest, no music, no pictures or even detailed information about scarefest. It just mentions Scary Tales and general info.

Where can I find the queue times for the scare mazes? Website? Nothing on the apps!
broco101

@Chick3006 We're not updating the Scarefest app any longer, instead the main app shall change to be relevant, thank you. This was a while ago I think
toxicgirl

Looking forward to Scarefest on 23rd. Would be really interested in hearing reviews from people doing the Altonville Motel experience as very tempted, but it's a bit pricey for the 4 of us.
Dr0idd

Good ol' Towers app glitch just now showing carnival of screams, rest in peace
http://postimg.org/image/5czuztd39/fd2da7d7/
Morgan

What do you want at next years Scarefest celebration? A new maze? Re-themed TOTT? Longer opening hours?
I personally think that each scare-attraction needs to be re-done. TOTT and TS are apparently the same each year and need a re-theme/twist. I thought Scary Tales would have you meet "a tortured soul" that it would base around. Zombies! toned down this year; it looked quite scary last year.
I also think that they need a "pick your path" maze and they need to change most park audio like Thorpe Park.
:p)
Altontowersbarlow

A POV of Scary-Tales Scare Zone has appeared on Youtube giving an overview of the attraction. Here is the link if anybody wishes to view the video, however the video (as expected) contains spoilers: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Talbots Nemsis

Don't think it is overly surprising that Alton Towers are uping the family friendly content for Scarefest. Thorpe Park lends itself to the extreme thrills (easier planning considerations that Alton Towers). Chessington the ultimate family friendly park. Alton Towers has always had an interesting mix of both that lends itself to older families and families with children of different ages whilst not losing the market of serious thrill seekers.

Chessington has been increasing the Halloween theme for quite a few years and my kids are definitely howling :lol :lol to go there every year. The kids do love Halloween every bit as much as the grown up thrill seekers. Chessington has really nailed the family friendly Halloween and always seems really busy as a result

There has been quite a lot going on at Alton Towers for the thrill seeker whereas Alton towers has been losing out on the family friendly audience for quite some time. Drayton manor's Thomasland LEGOLAND and PeppaPig world have really all be eating into it's market. Cbeebies land has had a real buzz about it, unsurprising really that Alton Towers would want to capitalise on it through scarefest.
Danny

I have now seen the Scry Tales pov day and night on YouTube. I applaude them on theming and some of the costumes look great, but I wouldn't suggest it to 11 year olds really. I think it lacks any story, just walking through sets from different fairy tales. However I still think both Altons scare mazes are amazing compared to Blair Witch. Shame we lost a maze for it, but I guess they just don't have the budget anymore.
Alton13Nemesis

I was at Scarefest yesterday:

I thought the sanctuary was brilliant, it doesn't really need changing at all. It was by far the best scare attraction on offer, and I wholly look forward to doing it again.

Terror of the towers was terrible and needs to be either re-themed, or go completely. As does Zombies.

Scary tales was pretty good :)
SuperWill

First of all, why is there a 2015 Scarefest topic when the 2014 Scarefest event has just started? Lol! Anyway, it was my first time doing the mazes and Scarezones yesterday and I think Sanctuary should stay, TOTT should go completely so that a new maze can replace it, Scary Tales was great but never got the chance to do it in the dark, and as for Zombies, I thought it was ok but never got the chance to do it when it went from 3 pumpkins to 4. Will be going back on Thursday though!

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Pixie

So did anybody notice if there were the extreme maze option once at the park ?
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Pixie

Has anybody here done the dining experience before. The wedding reception one ? Is it more for,kids ? We are tempted but not sure if it's any good ?
Tan x
Alton13Nemesis

absolutely. zombies was pretty bad in the day, and they don't brief you anymore so it loses a bit of its feel.
arw2010

Can't help you myself yet we're not going to dine while the 31st.. :yikes:
Pixie

Awww that's a shame coz we want to book it for 1st nov if we do it .....just want some reviews first
Tan x
kingbling11

Pixie wrote:So did anybody notice if there were the extreme maze option once at the park ?
Yep! I asked them on Facebook yesterday and this was their answer :D
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
altontowerskid

Hey Guys, I know I don't post a lot on here, but currently at Splash for our second night, loving Scarefest 2014. Having visited in 2010, 2012 and 2013, I can confidently say I have been most impressed with this year! Even an improvement on 2010, which was a great year :)

Scary Tales is fantastic, albeit a little short. It has some great, very moody music which can be heard around the area. The costumes and characters are great, enjoyed it thoroughly but it is not a 'thrill' maze. If anyone knows that soundtrack they play, please let me know what it is!!!

Zombies Scare Zone is much improved - went through this evening at around 20:00, no one in the queue so went round in a group of 4. Some great, genuinely jumpy scares with opportunities for the actors to really play with the space.

The Scantuary and ToTT were both very similar mazes to what they've previously offered, just I felt the acting was in a totally different class - they really have picked up their game! ToTT in particular had a great atmosphere and as a lot of the maze was relatively quiet, jump scares were plenty!!

The park in General has had a brilliant atmosphere. Saturday being slightly better, just due to the travelling community today causing some parts of the park to be very overcrowded!! I have no idea why they all feel its a good idea to stand around out the front of the Towers. Security and police seemed to have everything in hand, despite the mass groups.

If you have any particular questions, let me know and I'll see if I can answer them. In the meantime, if anyone sees a video or goes in Scary Tales, let me know what that music is :)
arw2010

Alice: madness returns pc game is the music.