Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tritate

Anyone seen anymore of the Scaresmospheres? I am there this Saturday and wondering if its worth it to look at the areas as it gets dark?
ROYJESS

Tritate wrote:Anyone seen anymore of the Scaresmospheres? I am there this Saturday and wondering if its worth it to look at the areas as it gets dark?
Personally, I would say no.  However I did bump into them a couple of times.  The Flash mob is OK though.
DeadJack5

DeadJack5 wrote:
LittleReidy wrote:Have the 3 for £20 scare maze tickets sold out online? It won’t let me select the 20th on the website.
It would appear so unfortunately :(
A new wave of tickets for the Saturday 20th have been added onto the website :)
Justin

LittleReidy wrote:Have the 3 for £20 scare maze tickets sold out online? It won’t let me select the 20th on the website.
Book on the event! We'll be there on Saturday doing the mazes and Nemesis ERT!
LittleReidy

Justin wrote:
Book on the event! We'll be there on Saturday doing the mazes and Nemesis ERT!

Half of my group don’t want to do the mazes otherwise I would have. I’ve managed to get tickets for the half of our group that want to do that mazes though.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Evostance

Did anyone go on the 31st last year?

It's the only day our group can get off as some of us are teachers and its half term. My logic being people wont go because they'll think it'll be the busiest night, thus being a bit quieter..

Decided on doing the mazes in the day since they're inside so have time to wander around at night
Stan.H

I didn't go last year on the 31st but it was quite quiet, however, the 31st this year falls into many [local] school holidays and if not, I know a few of the local colleges and schools also have trips there that day - so expect your average Scarefest day in terms of queues, but I doubt it'll be the busiest night of the event - that is usually the Saturdays! 
nicksok7

Hey guys,

I’m really concerned...I’ve planned Scarefest many times in the past with a group of friends, it’s just been a few years since I’ve done it. I didn’t realise until today that we have to book time slots for the mazes and I’ve organised us to go to the park for tomorrow...does anyone know whether they sell tickets at the ticket boxes as walk-in? Alton towers customer services are telling me one thing and then another I’m getting mixed mixed messages. So if anyone knows then I’ll appreciate someone sharing that.

Thanks
Nick
Justin

They do sell tickets but these tend to sell out quickly. I would recommend purchasing them online as the allocation can sometimes be greater than that of the Box Office!
nicksok7

Problem is that there’s no tickets available online :( I’m happy to go there as early as possible - even getting there for 9am, would you say that’s too late?
Justin

There are currently tickets left for 1.15pm online.
nicksok7

Looks like it’s only just for one ticket and there’s about 8 of us...:/
nicky.borrill

Nicksok7 get there early, ignore the main box office, queues will be hurrendous, run straight to the Smiler shop ;) 

Edit: Forgot to say, be prepared to buy singles, think they were £8 something each maze with MAP discount. When they sell out online, it’s just the 3 maze deal that sells out, they still had all time slots for all mazes last Saturday, despite the 3 maze deal being sold out. 
Count-Vonduel

Wait, they sell maze tickets in the smiler shop? Where else do they sell them?
Stan.H

Count-Vonduel wrote:Wait, they sell maze tickets in the smiler shop? Where else do they sell them?
I don't think nicky.borrill meant The Smiler shop, I think they meant the fastrack kiosk opposite the arcade and behind The Smiler toilets. I don't know for sure but they could potentially sell them at the Dark Forest kiosk as well, but as I said, I'm not 100% sure. 
DeadJack5

Stan.H wrote:
Count-Vonduel wrote:Wait, they sell maze tickets in the smiler shop? Where else do they sell them?
I don't think nicky.borrill meant The Smiler shop, I think they meant the fastrack kiosk opposite the arcade and behind The Smiler toilets. I don't know for sure but they could potentially sell them at the Dark Forest kiosk as well, but as I said, I'm not 100% sure. 
They do sell fast tracks at the booth opposite the arcade by Smiler.

I haven't seen the fast track booth in Dark Forest open yet and I doubt it will since the screens inside have been taken away and still has the old map up (maybe wrong) from when I looked from recently. Same goes for the booth in Forbidden Valley which I haven't seen open yet.
Justin

It looks like the Box Office in Dark Forest has been stripped out!
Murfs55

Can anyone on here confirm please:
We are Premium Merlin, looking to use ' Share the Fun' vouchers. Can we use this for Alton Towers Scarefest???
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Murfs55 wrote:Can anyone on here confirm please:
We are Premium Merlin, looking to use ' Share the Fun' vouchers. Can we use this for Alton Towers Scarefest???
The answer to this FAQ states that you can :)
TuesdayNightChat

I would love return of Field of 1000 screams.
It might not fit in to current Scarefest outlay with all mazes now being on park, but I think one off park hotel maze would be fantastic, as there would be room in grass car parks to do it.
I would also love the Scare Rooms to come back, made it so unique, and the build up to that during day and when you "check in" was fantastic
Scarefest was brilliant this year, felt fresher.