Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

ROYJESS wrote: What a waste of the budget, surely they could have used the money to have a couple of scare zones or something else
Regardless of views on the the new "artwork", I don't think the budget for some amateur graffiti would come close to covering the costs of any additional actor-based attractions for the 19 days of Scarefest ;)
Dan

I’m struggling to get my head round what they were thinking when they thought this was a good idea. It just looks tacky, what was wrong with how it was before?
belpertramp

I could be wrong, but it may look better once darkness falls. Either because of some really clever hidden details, which only become visible with UV or coloured lights, or simply because you can't see the monstrosity in the dark!
Jcoaster

Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could buy seperate tickets for the “main” scare mazes online, I can see The Welcoming and HoM online but not Altonville on its own as we want to do that but not Sub Species or Project 42, any advice would be much appreciated!!!!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Alton Towers have now added the details relating to Project 42 from the press release of a few weeks back to their website:
Project 42 invites valiant volunteers to enter the underground Phalanx compound in a bid to outwit what awaits them inside. The Phalanx requires volunteers to enter the compound, find the vaccination and rescue the technician. Can you get out before contracting the infection?
I believe the bit about rescuing the technician is new, however...
Jcoaster wrote:Hey guys,

I was wondering if you could buy seperate tickets for the “main” scare mazes online, I can see The Welcoming and HoM online but not Altonville on its own as we want to do that but not Sub Species or Project 42, any advice would be much appreciated!!!!
No, it isn’t possible to purchase single tickets for Project 42, Sub Species or Altonville Mine Tours online. Going by previous years, there will presumably be a limited number of single maze tickets available to purchase on the day though, so it would be advisable to head to the Resort Box Office early on to avoid missing out.
Justin

As Lewis says, it is worth checking with the Box Office, but you will be paying more.

The year Mine Tours opened, I purchased a single ticket as not to spoil the maze as I was due to see it behind the scenes and it cost £8. MAP was also available at the time, so it may be worth asking about that to if you have one!
Dom

Some more information about Freaky Funk Squad was released on an Alton Towers related Instagram story.
The new 24 minute rock n roll monster party show will feature a cast of 8 and run 3 times on park per day on an outdoor, covered, large festival stage and 1 x 60min extended version in the Alton Towers Hotel per day. The show will be a cast of 6 vocalists and 2 dancers.
I actually really want to see this show, as I think it would be quite fun!
Jcoaster

Hi guys, will my Alton towers annual pass (not the new season pass introduced this year) get me into scarefest?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Jcoaster wrote:Hi guys, will my Alton towers annual pass (not the new season pass introduced this year) get me into scarefest?
Scarefest isn’t specifically named as an exclusion period in the Terms & Conditions, although it’s probably something worth checking with Towers:
8. Additional charges apply for entry into:  
  • any concerts taking place at the Attraction;
  • any themed special events taking place at the Attraction such as Alton Towers Fireworks;
  • all Christmas event openings;
  • secondary Attractions including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Waterpark, Extraordinary Golf, Alton Towers Spa and Scarefest Mazes.
Jcoaster

lewis97 wrote:
Jcoaster wrote:Hi guys, will my Alton towers annual pass (not the new season pass introduced this year) get me into scarefest?
Scarefest isn’t specifically named as an exclusion period in the Terms & Conditions, although it’s probably something worth checking with Towers:
8. Additional charges apply for entry into:  
  • any concerts taking place at the Attraction;
  • any themed special events taking place at the Attraction such as Alton Towers Fireworks;
  • all Christmas event openings;
  • secondary Attractions including, but not limited to, the Alton Towers Waterpark, Extraordinary Golf, Alton Towers Spa and Scarefest Mazes.
Thanks!!!
Morgan

The Project 42 page has been updated with a little more information on what we can expect from the story.
Project 42 invites valiant volunteers to enter the underground Phalanx compound in a bid to outwit what awaits them inside. The Phalanx requires volunteers to enter the compound, find the vaccination and rescue the technician. Can you get out before contracting the infection?
Edit
This has made me spring into last-minute speculation mode about how the maze might play out.
Spoiler
-Enter Facility via lifts
-Finding the vaccination is relatively hassle free without having too many infected people in the way
-The cure is recieved in a big theatrical scene with the infected appearing from around the room
-Getting out the compound is a task in itself and where the main chunk of the maze takes place, with a hectic feel and the scares coming in thick and fast. Maybe a little seperation but they'll probably save that for sub.
-Finale in a big strobe maze with some pretty intense contact.
Of course, this is all speculation and who knows, I could be entirely wrong!
TheDuke

Saw this post this morning and I reckon your write up will be alot like the experience. I'm very excited that they're using the NST site for this atleast to bring back the story.
DeadJack5

Teaser for Project 42
Sawboss

Seems they put minimum effort in with that teaser, hope there's something a bit more substantial soon. Or not, it's quite nice going into an attraction totally clueless.
LittleReidy

I’ve heard the actors are allowed to touch you during the mazes is this correct? I’ve only ever done HHN where they don’t touch you.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Morgan

Yes, in all the mazes the actors can- and often will touch.
Last edited by Morgan on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
belpertramp

That's made me rethink the Scarefest Meet up!
:sick:
Sawboss

The park has posted a picture of the scarefest map on their facebook page. The towers courtyard looks very busy!
LittleReidy

Morgan wrote:Yes, in all the mazes the actors can- and often will touch.
This makes me even more excited, thank you!
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Roobear

Hi just a quick question, been coming to Scarefest for years and planning to come this Sunday, I have seen a lot of mixed reports about it being a traveller day? Can people confirm this one way or another?