Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Doublethink

ROYJESS wrote:Beware of visiting on a Sunday during the first week or two, especially when the Uttoxeter racing is on = Alcohol ban and high police presence ;)
The Uttoxeter racing is on the first weekend (6-7 of October) for those wondering. Hopefully won't have any issues with the *cough* clientele that get attracted to that event when we are going on the 13th...
ROYJESS

lewis97 wrote:The Alton Towers Holidays website has been updated with Scarefest details. There doesn't appear to be anything of note in relation to the theme park offering, but there is some insight into the seasonal entertainment in the Alton Towers Hotel and Splash Landings Hotel:

Alton Towers Hotel:
Enjoy a host of spooktacular Halloween entertainment, including The Magical Mayhem Show, full of twisted tales, spooky tricks & treats, and The Freaky Funk Squad Remixed, who are bringing their mixture of Rock & Roll to the Alton Towers Hotel.
Splash Landings Hotel:
Head to Patch's Pumpkin Pad for a night of children's entertainment, including The Magical Mayhem Show and Patch's Pumpkin Party. Then The Freaky Funk Squad's 'Dia De Meurtos' Show is the perfect place to dance the night away.
The terms and conditions on the sub-pages also confirm this year's arrangements for hotel guests regarding the alternative to Early Ride Time:
There will be no Early Ride Time during Scarefest.

Instead, guests staying in the Alton Towers Hotel, Splash Landings Hotel or the Enchanted Village will get one fastrack ride on Nemesis, Oblivion, Runaway Mine Train OR Duel.

Or, guests staying in the CBeebies Land Hotel will get fastrack on 3 rides which can be used at any time during the day. The choice is from the following; 1 ride on either Justin's House or In the Night Garden, 1 ride on either Postman Pat or Go Jetters and 1 ride on Numtums.
I believe hotel guests got a time-limited Fastrack for all four of the listed (non-CBeebies Land) attractions in previous year, so it seems there has been a further reduction in the offering there.
This is interesting, found under their T&C's in your link, there is not mention of the rapids closing due to low lighting, will we see the return of night time riding for the rapids? or is it just an oversight by Alton?

Please Note: Due to low lighting, the Skyride, Battle Galleons, Get Set Go Tree Top Adventure, Tree Fu Tom Training Camp and the Gardens will close earlier in the day at 3.30pm. Children's rides and attractions in CBeebies Land and Cloud Cuckoo Land will close from 7pm with the exception of Mr. Bloom's Allotment which will close from 6pm.
Justin

I hope so, it is great to see the Rapids in operation under the coloured floodlights :) Please bring back the skeletons too!
Dom

Justin wrote:I hope so, it is great to see the Rapids in operation under the coloured floodlights :) Please bring back the skeletons too!
I really hope they bring night rides on rapids back to the park. I missed them so much last year and it was always a highlight seeing the skeletons on it too, so hope they come back too!
Justin

Eric and Ernie must come back! They were so cool!
jackf1tz

In 2016 the hotel fastrack had about 10 attractions on it and it was for big new rides like Smiler/ Galactica as well :/
nicky.borrill

If anybody is interested, I took some pics of The Welcoming: Be Chosen construction today...

Justin

Thanks for sharing them. I can see a few changes already, compared to last year!

Excitement growing! :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

With a few weeks still to go, it may be that things are still to be added, however it looks as though the layout of The Welcoming is somewhat reduced with the potential removal of the hooded section and reworking of the finale.
Justin

It could be possible that the hooded section is at the end this year, leading guests out to face Wicker Man. The straight tunnel out is a little strange though!
TuesdayNightChat

Anyone else buzzed for new scare zones with the "Scaremosphere" ideas!
Whats your thoughts?
Justin

The most intriguing zone for me is The Towers Projections. Also Galactica Airways sound quite chilling, if done right!
Adam W

Alton appear to be teasing the location of Project 42 (which is pretty much common knowledge anyway).
https://twitter.com/altontowers/status/1043228454685163520

Hopefully this means we'll get some more concrete info on the maze in the coming days.
Justin

As posted on TowersTimes Facebook page; The exterior of Sub Species: The End Games has had a minor makeover this year, with the shipping containers which house the end of the maze being covered in graffiti.

Ismail

What in the world does it add? Just unnecessary, isn't it? :@
Stan.H

As much as I'm not a fan of it, I can see why they have done; because in my opinion it makes the exterior look a lot more photogenic (than just plain black) and they may allow (don't know for sure yet) photographs in front of it for guests to post on Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter... Which works as free marketing for Scarefest, much like the Wicker Man statue is very photogenic, and many people take pictures of it. This, however, is my thought process, but as much as I dislike it as I feel it takes away from the tone of the maze, I can see why they have done it. 
Ismail

I have never been in Sub Species, so please no spoilers. It will be my first year doing all the mazes this year. But how does the graffiti link to the theme of the maze? A skeleton with a party hat? A smiley face? A crown? The plain black container suited it well, isn't it the darkest of the mazes?
Morgan

Whilst the graffiti makes sense thematically, it's not the prettiest look :lol
wtpfrd

Hi, did I read somewhere that hotel guests are given a fastrack ticket during scarefest because ERT isn't on? I can't find anything on the AT website about it.
ROYJESS

Justin wrote:As posted on TowersTimes Facebook page; The exterior of Sub Species: The End Games has had a minor makeover this year, with the shipping containers which house the end of the maze being covered in graffiti.

As much as I love Scarefest, this graffiti on the shipping containers is a BIG mistake! The exit door, fair enough, but I do think the rest should be painted over, especially being so close to The Towers!
What a waste of the budget, surely they could have used the money to have a couple of scare zones or something else

@wtpfrd Yes that is correct, you just get the one fast track just for the one ride by the looks of it, unless you stay in the CBeebies hotel and then you get fast track for 3 rides

https://www.altontowersholidays.com/eve ... hrill.html

Click on the above link and then where it says (half way down near the bottom) "For full terms and conditions, please click here"