Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jackf1tz

What he said! Have a great time when you go!
LittleReidy

Just wanting peoples opinions. What weekend are we expecting to be busier 20th or 27th. I was thinking with the 27th being the closest to Halloween it possibly could be busier?
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Justin

Both are very busy weekends as it is half term. It is really hard to tell as some families will be going at the start of the holidays, while others will be going towards the end. With some schools having half term the following week too, I'd say 20th will be the quieter, but then again TowersTimes are there ;)
Dom

Come on the 20th, but come to the Scaremazing event. It's always such a laugh and you will meet some wonderful and friendly people. 
LittleReidy

You guys have twisted my arm, going the 19th and 20th. Looking forward to seeing you all! It will be my first event.
Melissa
Instagram - GingerFreckledGirl
Blog - www.GingerFreckledGirl.Wordpress.com
Justin

You'll love it!
Adam W

Some nice new additions (pictures from our friends at TowerStreet)

https://www.facebook.com/TowersStreet/p ... 4056021361
lewis97
Admin
Admin

This FAQ contains a lot of information in relation to the timings of the majority of non-maze attractions at this year's Scarefest - handily the TowersTimes Scarefest site has also been updated to reflect this ;)

There are also a couple of new things mentioned, as detailed below:
Dr Vic’s Karaoke

Located in The Towers Complex

Show time: 7.30pm

Approx. 10 mins
Scarefest Letter Light Show

Located on the Front Lawns, bottom of Towers Street

4.30pm till late

Watch each of the Scarefest letters light up before your eyes in this musical light show.
Additionally, there are some further details about the previously announced "scaremosphere":
Ghost Pirates

2.30pm-8.30pm

This motley crew of pirate wash-ups have followed the sound of the siren all the way to Mutiny Bay.  These family friendly ghosts will be roaming around the Mutiny Bay area, up spirit creek without a paddle!
Towers Ruins Projections

All day until late

The Towers Gothic ruins are rumoured to be home to a number of supernatural forces – do you get the feeling somebody’s watching from the windows?
Robert.W

Projections on The Towers all day until late. All day?! Lol.

In seriousness, I've always thought that projections onto The Towers would have been a great idea during Fireworks and Scarefest, so pretty pleased that they're actually going to do something like that! :)

Aidan Lowe

lewis97 wrote:
Towers Ruins Projections

All day until late

The Towers Gothic ruins are rumoured to be home to a number of supernatural forces – do you get the feeling somebody’s watching from the windows?
This is freaky because I could of sworn I got a pic of what looked like someone looking down from one of the windows & only noticed it when I got home and checked the photos, this was back from a trip in 2015. Sounds ace though.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

lewis97 wrote:This FAQ contains a lot of information in relation to the timings of the majority of non-maze attractions at this year's Scarefest - handily the TowersTimes Scarefest site has also been updated to reflect this ;)

There are also a couple of new things mentioned, as detailed below:
Dr Vic’s Karaoke

Located in The Towers Complex

Show time: 7.30pm

Approx. 10 mins
Scarefest Letter Light Show

Located on the Front Lawns, bottom of Towers Street

4.30pm till late

Watch each of the Scarefest letters light up before your eyes in this musical light show.
Additionally, there are some further details about the previously announced "scaremosphere":
Ghost Pirates

2.30pm-8.30pm

This motley crew of pirate wash-ups have followed the sound of the siren all the way to Mutiny Bay.  These family friendly ghosts will be roaming around the Mutiny Bay area, up spirit creek without a paddle!
Towers Ruins Projections

All day until late

No mention of the Galactica Airways Scaremosphere? Perhaps it has been cancelled?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
jackf1tz

The Galactica Airways one is still featured on the Resort's website.
Stan.H

Haven't got any photos, however, I was on site yesterday and the courtyard has now been shut off and construction is well and truly underway for The Welcoming! 
Justin

Great news. I really enjoy The Welcoming and can't wait to experience it again!!!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A photo of the first stages of The Welcoming's construction from Adrenaline Moments:

jackf1tz

Out of interest, is the Welcom-inn still open or is that also closed?
Robert.W

I presume it's still open, although I saw that there was a corner of it that had been sectioned off a while ago.

Dan

I imagine that The Welcom-Inn is still open, but with the door leading out into the courtyard closed.
Jack

Just a thought I've had regarding Project 42, is it not possible for this to turn out to be an escape room considering the possible size of the actual attraction not using all of Sub Terra?

Obviously this is a far fetched idea and I don't necessarily believe I myself, but you never know!
Justin

It is being advertised as a maze, so I'd doubt it. Throughput would also be an issue, but it would be nice to have an escape room of some sorts in the future.

I could see this more if Alton Towers were to get a Dungeon as they are now introducing them to some Dungeon locations. Blackpool already has one, although we didn't do it when Dan and I went last week.