Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
jackf1tz

Any word on the recommended age for the new maze?
MakoMania

So what are the ticketing options for annual passholders with this new maze? A 3 maze ticket with AP discount is £16 and a 4 maze ticket is £28. It appears that there is no discount on 4 maze tickets so are they expecting us to pay £12 more for one maze?

As a side note, I'm very excited for this Scarefest!!!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Tom170499

On the Scarefest page, it says Freak Show is open until 9:30pm. Is it likely that this is a mistake or have they extended the opening? 
Cobby

Although the new scare maze may market the ride wrong I must admit I do have high hopes for it because the last few mazes towers have done have been of a really good standard which I hope will continue. Also the last time they did something like this was with the sanctuary which I never got to ride but I heard many good things about it. Finally I wonder if we will see this maze open next year in the spring when the ride opens like when the smiler opened and they kept open the sanctuary. 
Tom170499 wrote:On the Scarefest page, it says Freak Show is open until 9:30pm. Is it likely that this is a mistake or have they extended the opening?
It is probably a mistake because I thought I read somewhere that I was open till 9 but I maybe wrong. 
ROYJESS

MakoMania wrote:So what are the ticketing options for annual passholders with this new maze? A 3 maze ticket with AP discount is £16 and a 4 maze ticket is £28. It appears that there is no discount on 4 maze tickets so are they expecting us to pay £12 more for one maze?

As a side note, I'm very excited for this Scarefest!!!
Only £8 more as when you clink on the 4 maze ticket, you pay just £8 (no MAP discount, however the link is broken) for the 4th maze and then you have to purchase your other 3 mazes on one of the other links £20 or £16 depending if you are a MAP holder or not

There is not a ticket booking option for the House of Monsters, so could be a free maze?
JonDoesTT

Hopefully the SMN ticket will include this new maze, if so I can't wait!

Credit to NemesisRider
Jcoaster

if HOM is a free maze that could be why there's no second scarezone? Also do we know where the 4th maze is going?
Justin

JonDoesTT wrote:Hopefully the SMN ticket will include this new maze, if so I can't wait!
The team are currently planning the event; however, there is no confirmation of what will be included.
iloveshauni

Alton are holding open auditions for scarefest actors, presenters and dancers over the coming month!

Seems a little late to be leaving it I thought they rehearsed for months!

I'm giving it a go though :)
Justin

It was around the same time last year. What must be remembered is that there will be an established team already in place from previous years. Additional actors, presenters, and dancers are then integrated into the team. Good luck for your audition though :)
iloveshauni

Justin wrote:It was around the same time last year. What must be remembered is that there will be an established team already in place from previous years. Additional actors, presenters, and dancers are then integrated into the team. Good luck for your audition though :)
Cheers dude, would love to do it!
Adam.W

"Is this really an initiation?" seems to me as though people will be mislead to believe that they're witnessing some ritual, but then are attempted to be killed/sacrificed by the group. And then, I guess, the guests manage to escape the ritual.

If this is to tie in with the whole wickerman thing, then the ritual being witnessed could be the burning of the wickerman, and this whole "crossing between the worlds of the living and the dead" could be some sort of gate created by the burning? I'm just thinking about something kind of related to the image below.

Count-Vonduel

Jcoaster wrote:if HOM is a free maze that could be why there's no second scarezone? Also do we know where the 4th maze is going?
As far as I'm aware, House of Monsters never got sold out in any form, they probably reasoned that they don't need a booking system for HoM this year.

To be honest, I kind of hope its not free, as I don't fancy waiting 2 hours for it!
Morgan

I messaged Alton Towers earlier via Facebook and they said there's no AP discount for The Welcoming, however you can buy single tickets for it online (costing £8).

Also, as ToTT is 15+ this year (and a bit stale) I'm hoping that the conga line will be removed. From what we've seen of the exit corridor, it's far too tight to have a conga pass through.
Dom

With regards to The Welcoming, i'm not excited one bit yet. The name is underwhelming and I just have this feeling that its going to fall flat. I think they are trying to redo what they did with The Sanctuary and I feel that they are going to mess it up. I hope i'm proved wrong though!
Justin

I'm hopeful that you will be pleasantly surprised :) Alton have certainly stepped up their game to create unique and atmospheric mazes, utilising the Towers and grounds to their best.

With regards to The Welcoming, I can understand your fears. Hopefully it wont just be a walk through experience like Scary Tales etc. I expect they will be pulling off something big, especially as they are charging more for it!
Jcoaster

Do we have any ideas where the welcoming is going?
Justin

There are no hints at the moment and it could be placed anywhere, but I'm expecting the Haunted Hollows to be used.
Ladyofthelake

The only real clue we really have is that the maze is seemingly opening at 5:30pm (the same time as Freak Show begins), therefore it would suggest that at least part of the maze will be located outside.
Justin

That is true! I strongly expect this to have an outdoor section, especially based on the blurb posted for the maze!