Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
JonDoesTT

The bald guy in nox infernus was good, but he just wasn't scary. It wasn't gory, unnerving or creepy to be honest.

Credit to NemesisRider
Liam.W

When me and my mum were exiting th13teen someone dressed as a jester/clown jumped out at us and that was the biggest scare I got, being afraid of clowns :lol . I think he was a member of public tho because (no offence) his mask was on the cheap side of things :no:
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Aidan Lowe

^ You'll often find that people simply attend the Halloween event simply to scare people. I've seen numerous people dressed up in heavy costume / makeup simply lurking around busy areas. They clearly enjoy doing this rather than the attractions themselves.

Wouldn't happen to be this fellow would it? " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Liam.W

Nah, wasn't him. the guy who scared me was in black and white
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

onair

What happened to the Band on the ship in the hotel this Scarefest ?
Rosepetals36

Was there yesterday had a brill day :D

At 5.30 our mazes started, our plan was TOTT, Molly, and sub species....so we got to TOTT, the photo scare was good! Wasn't expecting it to get me from underneath! Was really enjoyin the maze, but then there was an evac :/ when we got out it looked like a girl had fell inside, Ian was top tho and said to us to go off do other mazes and then come back and find him to be fast tracked back to TOTT, so we went off and did Molly Crowe (2 of our team chickened out!) but it was brilliant, really nerve wracking great story and the finale room really got me! Then onto sub species, which again was absolutely brill, from the beginnin it got u gripped and it felt like u was in a maze to get out.....in one room there was a group of girls screamin cos they couldn't get out, (which I cruelly found hilarious!) was a lot of suspense when the actors picked on you and refused to let u pass etc....

So then we went back to TOTT, to me I don't know if it's cos our first experience was ruined or what but it just wasn't up to the same standards as the other two, was better last year when it was a longer maze and inside better rooms, a lot more theatrical, deffo the weakest of the three mazes and I won't be sad if it didn't return next year tbh, but like I said unsure if it's cos of the evac first time round, walkin through the maze in the light with the actors out of character and helping gettin is out ASAP just ruined the maze for me
sss1986

Andy Mc wrote:Andrew Georgiades aka "Mr Scare Room" went to AT Scarefest recently, did two runs through of each and extreme ToTT and offers his views: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Not sure if its something else but at the end of the video is kind of like a teaser of an ultimate sleepover again for 2016, whether that was filmed prior to this years Scarefest or if he has some insider knowledge I don't know.

For Molly Crowe should it return the end finale could even use something like the Blood Walls seen in the promo video below. You could have the minister performing the exorcism, Molly splatters blood all up the wall/writes something. Then the lights go out, the floor shakes and the rest you should know.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Team Apocalypse:

Yeah saw the Andrew Georgiades scarefest video....I have a sneaky feeling that was 2015's ultimate sleepover, just going by he had all his gang with him in the teaser but were absent (bar Roger towards the end) of his Road Trip videos. Just a hunch like but I could be wrong. His videos are always good, especially with Steve and his nervous disposition lol. Can't wait to see it though, just ashame we have to wait until 2016 to see it. Hopefully not to far into the year.
Aidan Lowe

Photo Credit to Stephanie Francis MUA, with Scarefest now over the teams have parted ways each on their own journey. Take a look at the talented actors who brought fear to this years Scarefest.

Click images to expand:

S.J_O'Grady

Would have liked to have seen the Molly Crowe team to see what they were all wearing!!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Aidan Lowe

The Molly Crowe team apart from Molly herself didn't require makeup so I'm guessing that's why Stephanie didn't post that as her job is makeup artist. The team in Molly Crowe was more period clothing than anything.

Anyway here is one pic of one of the Molly's:

lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Sky Sailor wrote:Would have liked to have seen the Molly Crowe team to see what they were all wearing!!
I believe it was said on our behind the scenes tour at ScareMazing North that the actors inside the maze just wore black clothing.
Sawboss

God I wish I'd seen those monsters in Sub Species, they look pretty cool. I got the human ending both times :P
xylyx

They all did a fantastic job, they deserve plaudits for helping to bring the best scarefest in years to juddering screaming undeath. Having one of the actors in sub species ragging my head around by my hair singing the batman theme had me giggling like a loon and will be something I never forget :D a huge bravo :)
JonDoesTT

The actors did a great job, definitely. It must be so physically demanding, I couldn't do it :)

Credit to NemesisRider
owenjones92

This might be a long shot but does anyone have like a rough walk through plan of sub species or explain how you got to the alternative ending

Aidan Lowe

As far as I can tell there's a moment in the maze you come to a long corridor which then proceeds down steps & the tunnel. Before you go down this corridor there is a slide-door which you can move across to go down the opposite route and into the alien ending.

We did have a map of the maze in Operation Lockdown would of been neat to have kept hold of it. :)
owenj92

Ahhh cool that sounds fun! For anyone who experienced both endings which was better?

And If anyone has that map I'd love to see it! 'D

Sent from my SM-C101 using Tapatalk
Aidan Lowe

Excited to hear this Nick.
We have a bonus show next month as Nick Hutson talks about creating the soundtrack for Alton Towers Scarefest.
http://ow.ly/Vdr6a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aidan Lowe

Having major Scarefest blues right now. Such a special time of year.

Anyway as seen on Ash vs. Evil Dead - If Scarefest had a big budget; enter Sub Species 2.0 Nemesis creature.. the stuff of nightmares :)

Aidan Lowe

Sophisticoasters facebook page has conducted an interview with one of the scare actors. It may be of interest to some and insightful should anybody be interested in becoming a scare actor this Halloween.
Sophisicoasters wrote:
Time for a little something special, today we have an interview with James, an ex scare actor from Scarefest at Alton Towers.

Q: How did you find the experience?
  • James: The experience was definitely not what I was expecting, a lot more hard work. It was definitely worth it though, got some insight into how things worked on the performers side of the theme park.
Q: How did you stay in character?
  • James: When we were in the mazes we had little rat runs to hide in and break from character so we weren't always tired from being in character. Before we went into the mazes we had little warm up sessions to get our energy and spirits up. Plus there's a story behind each of the different mazes so we based our characters off that.
Q: Whats the best reaction from a guest you experienced and why?
  • James: I would say my best reactions were from three guys in particular that when I scared them they fell to the floor screaming, and I would play on that to scare them as they walked through the maze. Aside from the usual screams I got from girls and young kids those three guys were the best.
Q: Did you have any pre-training?
  • James: We had a couple of days of rehearsal training in studios, then a day or so in the actual maze to get used to the layout and find the best routes within the mazes.
Q: Did anything surprise you about the experience as a scare actor?
  • James: The one thing that shocked me is when you're a customer going through you think how many people they got working here? But as a performer you find out its not that many. We had only three people per section of the maze scaring the guests and if you were quick enough in the runs you could easily get lots of scares all over the group.
Q: If someone else was to do this, what would be your advice?
  • James: If someone were to do this then my advice would be: A) don't take anything the guests say to heart, if they joke or swear at you, use it against them, I did a few times and it freaked them out. B) listen to advice from other scarers and offer your own, be part of the team and help each other and C) just let go and enjoy yourself.
Q: Is there anything else you would like to say?
  • James: If you give it a try, wet wipes are like gold dust so make sure you bring a ton with you!
Source