Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

disfunktion wrote:Are tickets for individual mazes available at the park on the day of visit?
Yes, they are £8 per maze. Two-maze tickets are also available for £15, alongside the combo (three-maze) tickets.
Ripsaw Raver

Terror of the Towers Extreme was amazing on sunday night
especially since the other 6 never turned up..i was well and truly screwed from the start lol

Monday was very quiet loved SubSpecies..possibly Alton's best maze yet
and my Extreme Molly Crowe was great too.
One real highlight, all the recognition i received from staff and guests for my outfit
so many scares were had haha and so many thought i was a roaming actor.
Headed into hex and just walked the queue deadpan with going on the ride aswell, people thought they had sent an actor in as part of the experience haha

Day1
what screwed looks like

Day2 full costume

Day3 More demure but still freaky haha
Aidan Lowe

Nox Infernus has been halfed due to complaints. They use the metal divider to their advantage and it's scaring people on the opposite side.

Done Molly & Sub Species again, still can't find that other ending maybe they alternate each day or only have one if understaffed.

Surprisingly today more touchy in Molly than Sub Species.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Sawboss

Maybe next year they should keep dark apocalypse as it is but put nox infernus in the area where Zombies! used to be as a traditional scare zone.
Aidan Lowe

I just don't understand some people. They come to the park during Halloween, complain about actors dressed up trying to spook them. Hell a lot of guests come dressed up. If they want to ride the rides in the dark come again at Fireworks instead.

Hate when things are toned down / altered because of a small minority not wanting to be frightened/touched decide to attend a Halloween event..
MakoMania

Andy Mc wrote:I just don't understand some people. They come to the park during Halloween, complain about actors dressed up trying to spook them. Hell a lot of guests come dressed up. If they want to ride the rides in the dark come again at Fireworks instead.

Hate when things are toned down / altered because of a small minority not wanting to be frightened/touched decide to attend a Halloween event..
You have to remember that Alton Towers caters for families and younger children, this is reflected in the Scarefest lineup.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Adam.W

The last thing Merlin need are the mirror and the daily mail on their backs about not caring about guest safety or some rubbish, then saying stuff about the smiler incident. Although I'd have to agree with you that it seems daft that they've toned it down.
Aidan Lowe

Adam.W wrote:The last thing Merlin need are the mirror and the daily mail on their backs about not caring about guest safety or some rubbish.
I understand both your points but the actors will not touch you so from a safety perspective its irrelevant unless they run so fast away they trip over haha.

I saw a couple of girls yesterday who were traumatized by Th13teen speakers outside the entrance plaza.. they literally screamed and ran.

Although the event caters for families of all ages the actors know whats acceptable (or should do) people should embrace the experience and join in on the Scarefest atmosphere. Instead they go to social media and say: "I'm at Scarefest and because you put one of your scare attractions between us and the rides I now can't go on them, never coming again!! what a waste of money!!"

And then you see the experience for everyone else ruined including the actors who love their job when the public allow it.

Here is another video of Nox Inferus from James Butler, love how the wraith actor took his phone and filmed bits himself :) " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; loads of actors which brings the zone alive & the actors who sit in Rita test chair crack me up..

Anyway here is some more BTS makeup from End Games. This poor fellow has been bitten and infected!

And another photo here of Brutus (that's the pet name I gave him)!

JonDoesTT

Andy Mc wrote:
And another photo here of Brutus (that's the pet name I gave him)!

That's Demitri xD

Credit to NemesisRider
Aidan Lowe

So tonight I got to experience Sub Species: Operation Lockdown. Firstly a massive thanks to all the actors (an incredible job by all) including the mastermind Peter and to everyone who payed for this experience participating and being good sports.

So I'll share my thoughts on this experience without spoiling. So having ran (sometimes quite literally) Sub Species: The End Games 4 times I didn't know what to expect coming into Operation Lockdown, my first guess was it'll be a more brutal version of End Games with some side story.

I was pleasantly surprised this wasn't exactly the case and this experience was so much more than I had hoped, while it may not be as chaotic or feel like it has as many actors as a normal run through of End Games each actor had purpose & a part to play.

Spending longer in the maze you really get sucked into it & appreciate what a beautiful creation it is.

This experience involves:

• Team building.
• Puzzle solving.
• Clue finding.
• Group putting their minds together and being resourceful.
• Group awareness, navigation & communication.
• Being vigilant & tactful as both individuals & as part of a group.

The puzzles my team faced were actually quite challenging and it was nice to see each part of the group participating and bringing something to the table. I departed from the group half way through our task/puzzle for a search & retrieve mission, it was myself, 2 other participants & an actor. This was a great part of the experience and brought the better frights of the evening with the Nemesis creature & infected (Hi Julie, thanks for marking my shoulder and losing me 15 points!!! :D).

This experience also brings with it choices within which could alter the outcome / story / success rate of completing a mission. Not to mention this is a game and you can earn points by completing said objectives, avoiding contact & generally just being a great team member regarding input.

The fact that there is various possible outcomes to the story this experience is totally re doable. Fair enough not a lot of people have a spare £99 to go and do it all over again but for those who love story, maybe want to be top of the Phalanx Operative leader board it has everything in it, different challenges/puzzles, different story, different decisions & outcomes, humor & quality actors bring the whole experience together.

Can't praise this enough, was a really good time had by all. Well done to all involved in this experience!
JustWill

I'm going to Scarefest for the second time, and last time, I only went on Scary Tales (and loved it). This year, I'm going to try and go on a few of the Scaremazes, so I'd really like to know what the least scary one is. :lol I'm a massive wimp.
S.J_O'Grady

TMIwill wrote:I'm going to Scarefest for the second time, and last time, I only went on Scary Tales (and loved it). This year, I'm going to try and go on a few of the Scaremazes, so I'd really like to know what the least scary one is. :lol I'm a massive wimp.
I haven't been yet this year but I believe Terror of the Towers is the least scary as they don't usually touch you!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

The Sky Sailor wrote:
TMIwill wrote:I'm going to Scarefest for the second time, and last time, I only went on Scary Tales (and loved it). This year, I'm going to try and go on a few of the Scaremazes, so I'd really like to know what the least scary one is. :lol I'm a massive wimp.
I haven't been yet this year but I believe Terror of the Towers is the least scary as they don't usually touch you!
I did them all last week and I'd agree, ToTT is definitely the least scary of the three. They can't touch you in this one. Also the Pumpkin rating is useful as ToTT is 5/6 whereas the others are 6/6
Mikkel

Thanks for the review of Operation Lockdown.

Definitley sounds something different and fun.

I would consider it next year although it is quite pricey.
Dom

Having experienced scarefest today I can honestly say that I felt it was a bit hit and miss. The scare zones to me just seemed a bit pointless. I can understand why they have done them, but at the same time I wish they hadn't.

The mazes are a bit varied. I was thoroughly impressed by Terror of the towers and Sub Species but Molly Crowe just felt.... Well a bit naff to be honest. Terror of the towers was great fun in both normal and the extreme version we got we the event. The actors really utilise the area. Sub species has deffinately become my favourite ever maze. It's incredible.
MakoMania

Is there any crawling involved in Molly Crowe or Terror of the Towers?
Morgan

There is a scene where you have to duck under a fence in ToTT, nothing but walking in Molly :)
MakoMania

Morgan wrote:There is a scene where you have to duck under a fence in ToTT, nothing but walking in Molly :)
sss1986

Themepark247360 wrote:Is there any crawling involved in Molly Crowe or Terror of the Towers?
I did the Extreme Molly Crowe, and unsure if this happens with all the groups but we were forced to walk on our knees for a good few minutes so if you are booked or intending to book this one make sure you are wearing old jeans/trousers.
sss1986

Andy Mc wrote:So tonight I got to experience Sub Species: Operation Lockdown. Firstly a massive thanks to all the actors (an incredible job by all) including the mastermind Peter and to everyone who payed for this experience participating and being good sports.

So I'll share my thoughts on this experience without spoiling. So having ran (sometimes quite literally) Sub Species: The End Games 4 times I didn't know what to expect coming into Operation Lockdown, my first guess was it'll be a more brutal version of End Games with some side story.

I was pleasantly surprised this wasn't exactly the case and this experience was so much more than I had hoped, while it may not be as chaotic or feel like it has as many actors as a normal run through of End Games each actor had purpose & a part to play.

Spending longer in the maze you really get sucked into it & appreciate what a beautiful creation it is.

This experience involves:

• Team building.
• Puzzle solving.
• Clue finding.
• Group putting their minds together and being resourceful.
• Group awareness, navigation & communication.
• Being vigilant & tactful as both individuals & as part of a group.

The puzzles my team faced were actually quite challenging and it was nice to see each part of the group participating and bringing something to the table. I departed from the group half way through our task/puzzle for a search & retrieve mission, it was myself, 2 other participants & an actor. This was a great part of the experience and brought the better frights of the evening with the Nemesis creature & infected (Hi Julie, thanks for marking my shoulder and losing me 15 points!!! :D).

This experience also brings with it choices within which could alter the outcome / story / success rate of completing a mission. Not to mention this is a game and you can earn points by completing said objectives, avoiding contact & generally just being a great team member regarding input.

The fact that there is various possible outcomes to the story this experience is totally re doable. Fair enough not a lot of people have a spare £99 to go and do it all over again but for those who love story, maybe want to be top of the Phalanx Operative leader board it has everything in it, different challenges/puzzles, different story, different decisions & outcomes, humor & quality actors bring the whole experience together.

Can't praise this enough, was a really good time had by all. Well done to all involved in this experience!

A couple of guys in my group for Extreme ToTT on Wednesday were doing this on Friday as well. So jealous. I wanted to do this but left Friday morning to come back up North. Heard rumours that you may have got splattered with Fake blood/Slime. Was that true?