Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
N3m3s1s

Andy Mc wrote:Rumblings on Twitter about an Alton Towers Advert for Scarefest, anyone seen it?
Just saw it actually. It's recycled Th13teen advert clips with a new voice over and the two new maze logos. Nothing too special but oh well.
S.J_O'Grady

Just had to get out of bed, go downstairs, and turn TV on just so I can find this ad! I'm obsessed!!!
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest post on the Alton Towers Blog looks at The Making of Scarefest, providing a little bit of insight into the work that goes into creating the scare attractions as well as marketing them.
Aidan Lowe

It's nice that the creative process is done well in advance even before last year's event had concluded.

I'm on park tomorrow and Thursday so will post any new updates / images of the new scare zones ahead of the opening day in which I have maze tickets booked for 01:00pm. I'll come on here and not spoil anything but give a 5 star rating on each and a brief word about each one.

Getting pumped for Scarefest now, soon!

Anyone doing Lockdown btw?
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Ripsaw Raver

Not doing Lockdown as its not on when im there, sooo wanted too though..
Am doing ToTT Extreme Sunday night, then ToTT Alone on Monday and Molly Crowe Extreme Monday Evening =]

I agree that this scarefest i feel will be one to remember.
TS Speculate that ToTT will enter near where Sanc entered but apparently a different door.Molly Crowe will use ToTTs old X-sector entrance and SubSpecies will enter at ToTT entrance from the past couple years.

Problem being i fail to see where ToTT and Molly Crowe would exit
TheK1lla1

Looking at Towers Street Facebook, it looks as if you will enter Molly Crowe through X Sector, the queue line looks very tidy indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smile the doctor will see you now.
Liam.W

TheK1lla1 wrote:Looking at Towers Street Facebook, it looks as if you will enter Molly Crowe through X Sector, the queue line looks very tidy indeed

You stole what I was gunna say... :( lol
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Stan.H

TheK1lla1 wrote:Looking at Towers Street Facebook, it looks as if you will enter Molly Crowe through X Sector, the queue line looks very tidy indeed

Any pictures? As it's through X-Sector if Smiler reopens the area will be very packed.
S.J_O'Grady

Another article from the DailyStar: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... ouls-mazes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's not entirely negative but it just seems like another excuse to rewrite the whole Smiler story again. Anyway, just love how they've called it Alton Terrors!!!
Last edited by S.J_O'Grady on Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
TheK1lla1

Emporium wrote:

Any pictures? As it's through X-Sector if Smiler reopens the area will be very packed.
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All the pictures are on there

DeanGaryCox

I'm so confused where the scare zones are going to be..

The Nox Infernus one doesn't look like it uses the previous zombies scare zone path on the map, and is there even any construction on the scare zone in forbidden valley, like i don't understand where it could even be!?
TheK1lla1

ImageImage

lucy2244

Absolutely pooing myself for this years mazes! Any reviews and spoilers will be much appreciated otherwise I think I might be a blubbering mess by the end of scarefest hahaha, so excited for the fun to begin!!!!
N3m3s1s

Out of interest, are the 'hoods' identical to the ones used in 'The Passing' at Thorpe a few years ago?
Zach

DeanGaryCox wrote:I'm so confused where the scare zones are going to be..

The Nox Infernus one doesn't look like it uses the previous zombies scare zone path on the map, and is there even any construction on the scare zone in forbidden valley, like i don't understand where it could even be!?
There is a few bits in FV popping up and I can only assume will continue to pop up this week until Saturday as now definitely two of the three mazes are complete, sub species might be but having not been in I couldn't comment, they can now focus on the scare zones but from what's understood it's going to be more of a zone than a queue to go through, thinking more of scarezones in American parks where they wonder around a certain area of the park.
lucy2244 wrote:Absolutely pooing myself for this years mazes! Any reviews and spoilers will be much appreciated otherwise I think I might be a blubbering mess by the end of scarefest hahaha, so excited for the fun to begin!!!!
The bags are black cloth and completely opaque (you can't see a thing) with regards to reviews I don't want to spoil anything for anyone however I will saying having done Terror of the Towers and Molly Crowe these past two nights they are impressive and the level towers have upped there game this year is noticeable. They got me jumpy, which from a scare point of view is quite hard to do to me, the scares aren't obvious and come out of anywhere. Having done TotT four times the scares were never from the same place, those who were scepticle about scare fest don't be, the mazes shocked me (not in an offensive way to the the team). New route, they mean totally new route and Molly, the bag is not a gimmick it really does make the experience something different and heightens your other senses and the maze and actors really play to it. Scarefest this year can only have good positive things come from it.

For those who don't have me on social media -

Be....EXCITED
Aidan Lowe

The alton towers scarefest advert: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ripsaw Raver

dan is ready.... if anyone is there on monday come say hi lol
Aidan Lowe

Lot of guests / badge people going to sub species it seems. Just missed out boooo ;-(

Very loud, lots of screams can be heard. The exit and end of the maze is the containers but that was pretty obvious.

First guests out gave it a thumbs up!
Ripsaw Raver

where exactly does SubSpecies enter
PeteB

Good to see the Th13teen hooded dudes making a return. What were they officially called again? :-k