Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dom

Quick question. Do MAP holders have to pre book for Scarefest like with Fright Nights?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I don't think so, as reaching capacity isn't as much of an issue for Towers as it is for Thorpe. I guess those with VIP MAPs could still pre book their visit like they can do on any other day though.
Stan.H

neil&nikki wrote:I wonder if that includes queuing time as it would then be 30 mins a maze
Really?? Last year I qued at least 2hrs for Sanctuary and over 1hr for TOTT and about 25/30 mins for Scary Tales...
Dan

Emporium wrote:
neil&nikki wrote:I wonder if that includes queuing time as it would then be 30 mins a maze
http://Really?" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? Last year I qued at least 2hrs for Sanctuary and over 1hr for TOTT and about 25/30 mins for Scary Tales...
Maybe this year because there are three mazes the queues will be more evenly spread out.

It's also difficult for them to predict how long it will take to complete all three mazes as two of them are new and one has been re-routed.
Stan.H

Does anyone have a map of where the mazes and their queues will go??
Dan

Emporium wrote:Does anyone have a map of where the mazes and their queues will go??
That information probably won't be made public until the first day of Scarefest or the staff preview night (providing they hold one this year)
Ripsaw Raver

Ok my Scarefest line up
Sunday 18th Terror of the Towers Extreme
Monday 19th Terror of the Towers Go Alone
Standard 3 mazes
and finishing with Haunting of Molly Crowe Extreme

Cannot wait however im still flummoxed "wonderful word right there) on to how the location of Molly Crowe would play if in the towers.
This how im kinda expecting SubSpecies to go, Queue around the shipping containers possibly in a couple , learn about the endgames head through more containers and head up steps across bridge into towers, Use TOTTs old route exiting near X-Sector
TOTT in the Sanc Location again exiting near X-Sector
Now for Molly Crow... Possibly entering where TOTT has been for the past few years, maybe shared room in the banqueting hall and ending and utilizing the chapel exiting ...hmm not sure lol

it just doesnt make sense

but in celebration of what I hope plans to be an amazing Scarefest..here are 2 new wallpapers for this year

Ryan.B

I must say the scare zones are what are interesting me, with rumours they will be whole areas, it would be amazing!
Aidan Lowe

For those still skeptical about Molly Crowes location, AT have just confirmed on a visitors FB post that all 3 mazes are in the tower ruins.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Stan.H

Seems like Scarefest will get more V.I.P packages according to website.
Sawboss

Maybe for Molly Crowe you'll just be lead round and round in circles in one room, can't see so wouldn't matter, hehe.
Mikkel

Having posted in too long! but have been active reading.

can't wait for this year probably the most excited I have been for the event yet

going 20th- 21st staying overnight at one of the hotels. Will see which is cheapest on Saturday when I book.

Been looking and usually splash landings is the cheapest but enchanted village has also been cheaper. so we will see.
KoasterKraver

Sawboss wrote:Maybe for Molly Crowe you'll just be lead round and round in circles in one room, can't see so wouldn't matter, hehe.
It may seem obvious in the same direction.

Who do towers use for there speakers nowadays (the ones in CBeebies land and above the towers for Scarefest this year)?
Last edited by lewis97 on Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged double posts
Aidan Lowe

[Old post]

A member of the TowersStreet forum has been and has an update on the shipping containers which can be seen here! More entrances / exits being cut into the shipping containers.

[Addition: 19.09.15]

So a guy asked about fast track for the mazes, I posted regarding the RIP tour and got this response from AT:
This is a back of house tour, and involves access to Mazes via that method. There is no Fastrack available for the Mazes, thank you.
Mikkel

Splash landings overnight stay

2 day park tickets for two

£210. Great deal I would say. Booked.
Aidan Lowe

Quick update here from BlueSonicHD over at TS, painting of the shipping containers has started with one side in pure black.
sss1986

Anyone aware if the Freedom passes are making a return for this year for the Scaremazes?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

sss1986 wrote:Anyone aware if the Freedom passes are making a return for this year for the Scaremazes?
No, they're not.
sss1986

lewis97 wrote:
sss1986 wrote:Anyone aware if the Freedom passes are making a return for this year for the Scaremazes?
No, they're not.

Ah damn! would have been a good wee investment ah well.
Aidan Lowe

Credit to Tom.B on TowersStreet for finding this image taken by Charlotte Charteris.

Looks like a crawl space in the shipping containers.