Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Phalanx Control account has acknowledged the Phalanx Archive account, although it's not clear whether it's an official acount being used to tease Scarefest details.
Aidan Lowe

The Archive twitter also has this as the website: http://www.altontowers.com/things-to-do ... ub-species" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Guessing this will go live on Friday/Saturday when it's probably announced across the AT social accounts.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
stealthsmiler

Is this going to have some sort of link/backstory to SW8 or just a general link to FV.

I like it when the scare attractions are linked to the existing rides/areas. An extension of the scare maze on N:ST would be a cool addition along with the return of Duel Live and a 13 themed scare maze/zone.
Justin

lewis97 wrote:The Phalanx Control account has acknowledged the Phalanx Archive account, although it's not clear whether it's an official acount being used to tease Scarefest details.
@PhalanxArchive is not an official Alton Towers account. Alton Towers have confirmed it is an intruder to Towers Street Twitter account.
TH14TEEN

It sounds to me like the experience takes place after hours in a maze, a maze which is also available as a normal maze during the day on park also?
S.J_O'Grady

TH14TEEN wrote:It sounds to me like the experience takes place after hours in a maze, a maze which is also available as a normal maze during the day on park also?
I might have been dreaming but did ScareTour not originally say it was to be called Sub Species: The End Games? If so, then maybe that will be a daytime maze and Operation Lockdown will be the overnight version?
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
KoasterKraver

The Sky Sailor wrote:
TH14TEEN wrote:It sounds to me like the experience takes place after hours in a maze, a maze which is also available as a normal maze during the day on park also?
I might have been dreaming but did ScareTour not originally say it was to be called Sub Species: The End Games? If so, then maybe that will be a daytime maze and Operation Lockdown will be the overnight version?
:) Good point
KoasterKraver

WOAH! The phalanx Twitter are using stuff like #EndGames, I'm guessing this shall be a daytime maze :p This is getting exciting, also sw8 is being mentioned too!!!
S.J_O'Grady

KoasterKraver wrote:WOAH! The phalanx Twitter are using stuff like #EndGames, I'm guessing this shall be a daytime maze :p This is getting exciting, also sw8 is being mentioned too!!!
You mean Phalanx Archive - Towers have said that this account is an intruder! The official one is Phalanx Control.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Aidan Lowe

Looks like the control twitter has deleted a lot of tweets since earlier.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
KoasterKraver

The Sky Sailor wrote:
KoasterKraver wrote:WOAH! The phalanx Twitter are using stuff like #EndGames, I'm guessing this shall be a daytime maze :p This is getting exciting, also sw8 is being mentioned too!!!
You mean Phalanx Archive - Towers have said that this account is an intruder! The official one is Phalanx Control.
Hmm you know towers, they may be pulling our leg!
KoasterKraver

I know that we are all getting excited about this Sub Species maze/s (End Games & Operation Lockdown) But what about the Forbidden Valley: Dark Apocalypse zone, where will they put that? Between gloomy would and fv? This is gonna be interesting :?
Chaz

Just tried to book Operation Lockdown for one of the 2 dates we are there this year, to be told they are only running on 4 dates - starting 24th Oct. So, I am assuming they're only planning on running both weekends, no weekdays. I will try again nearer the time if more date's are announced, there is 3 of us proper up for this!
S.J_O'Grady

KoasterKraver wrote:
The Sky Sailor wrote:
Hmm you know towers, they may be pulling our leg!
Maybe, but when asked on Twitter they have directly said "@PhalanxControl is official, but @PhalanxArchive is not." I think they seem pretty serious.
KoasterKraver

Maybe, but when asked on Twitter they have directly said "@PhalanxControl is official, but @PhalanxArchive is not." I think they seem pretty serious.
There is also @Phalanxed which I noticed
neil&nikki

Hi has anyone else thought that sub species could be something to do with SW8 and the Air retheming.

The did it with the sanctuary and smiler
lewis97
Admin
Admin

neil&nikki wrote:Hi has anyone else thought that sub species could be something to do with SW8 and the Air retheming.

If we're going to see a similar strategy again, I'd say it's more likely that there'll be a new maze at next year's event rather than this year, once the teasing campaign for SW8 has actually begun.
neil&nikki

lewis97 wrote:
neil&nikki wrote:Hi has anyone else thought that sub species could be something to do with SW8 and the Air retheming.

If we're going to see a similar strategy again, I'd say it's more likely that there'll be a new maze at next year's event rather than this year, once the teasing campaign for SW8 has actually begun.
yeah thats what i was thinking but also thought it could be to do with Air re theme and perharps an makeover for FV
KoasterKraver

neil&nikki wrote:
lewis97 wrote:

yeah thats what i was thinking but also thought it could be to do with Air re theme and perharps an makeover for FV
The mazes this year in forbidden valley are probably not gonna be fully linked with SW8, hopefully that will come in next year, hopefully still containing the phalanx theme. But possibly not. I just can't wait to see what they will pull of this year and next. Don't get this linked to sw8 just yet, until other stuff gets revealed. Alton are great at building tension.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The latest tweet from Phalanx Control contains coordinates for a point just outside Nemesis: Sub-Terra. Could this give an idea of the Sub Species maze location?