Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Pixie

Cam_muir wrote:Extreme maze tickets are confirmed and can be bought on the day.

Woops double posted - great thank yoU !!!! wahooooooooooooooooo CANT WAIT !!!! \:D/
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
dollyry

An Extreme option shows for The Sanctuary but not TOTT. Could be an oversight though. Looking forward to this year!
Count-Vonduel

Official Scarefest Announcement

Here is the link
http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/
Randomizer462

Altontowersbarlow wrote:
Randomizer462 wrote:With the line up Alton have posted, As much as i love Alton towers, i just don't think Scarefest is worth the money they charge no more, i for one will not be attending the event this year. :cry:
I am unsure what you mean as the admission price is set at its usual standard rate and along with this price you get two scare zones and extended opening hours. The only Halloween Attractions you have to pay for are the Scare-Mazes therefore you are getting more for your admission price compared to a standard day at The Alton Towers Resort. Despite this I hope you do get around to visiting Scarefest this year as I am sure you would enjoy yourself.
By what i meant by this is i feel like it's less value for money than previous years when in my eyes, Scarefest had more to offer. But i am happy with the new scare zone, i hoped they would expand Scarefest every year, rather than decreasing what they have to offer, i know this is down to merlin, but i cant help that.
sss1986

Update on the Website, I tweeted Re: Extreme Mazes, that was last years information. It has since been updated on the website and now back to no Extreme Mazes this year. Fingers crossed they bring them back.
Count-Vonduel

How much was it to buy a Combi maze ticket on the day last year?
dollyry

I think it was £14 if memory serves me correctly. Looks set to be the same this year. £12 if you book online or £9.60 with annual pass discount. These are apparently early bird prices though and will rise after 30th September.
jon18uk

The two mazes are only £12 if you book online (or £9.60 with AP), that seems like quite a reasonable price to me.
Count-Vonduel

I did want to go in the mazes this year but omg the mazes (to me) are not worth £14 or even £12.

I would say that £9 (without AP discount) is worth it but nothing over £10.
Lotty

Last year it was different prices depending on the time of day, it was a couple pound cheaper before 5pm than it was after.

I must say I'm excited about a new attraction, but disappointed this is not a maze. But oh well still excited!!!!!! 6 weeks 6 days til I go!!!

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
Count-Vonduel

I just noticed that the Zombie Scarezone (presumably along with the Scary Tale Scarezone) is a 3 :p) rating meaning that they have made it even less scary And have made there offerings even worse than the last few years :(

What they should have done was keep Zombie Scarezone as a 4 :p) rating and have Scary Tale as a 3 :p) rating.
Altontowersbarlow

Count-Vonduel wrote:I just noticed that the Zombie Scarezone (presumably along with the Scary Tale Scarezone) is a 3 :p) rating meaning that they have made it even less scary And have made there offerings even worse than the last few years :(

What they should have done was keep Zombie Scarezone as a 4 :p) rating and have Scary Tale as a 3 :p) rating.
I think Alton Towers have rated the Halloween Attractions appropriately. Zombie Scare-Zone has always relied on detailed stage make-up and scenery to provide scares rather than more heavy-handed techniques and this opens up a bridge between family and thrill entertainment. I am sure the changes to this walkthrough will be minor and just allow for a slightly larger target audience to enjoy the attraction. I think that this change to ZS will have been implemented to allow "Scary Tales" to be an exceptionally scary attraction that appeals to older audiences. This system then allows for a moderate Scarezone and an Extreme Scarezone meaning that guests can choose from the two thrill levels in which to experience. I can imagine "Scary Tales" being an exceptionally gruesome and creepy attraction and I don't think it should be underestimated.
Pixie

Count-Vonduel wrote:Official Scarefest Announcement

Here is the link
http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/

Finally :clap: I've been waiting all year for this and literally checking the website very single day. Thank you god [-o<
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"
Dom

It will be interesting to find out where they situate Scary Tales in the park. I personally love the idea of twisting fairy tales to make them creepy. I will be keeping an eye on this attraction to see how it develops.
Count-Vonduel

I heard somewhere (cant remember where) that the Scary Tale Scarezone will be in the same place as CoS, At first I found this odd as Putting a Scarezone in a building would just turn it into a maze, Then I remembered that Zombie Scarezone was In pretty much the same place the same place in 2011 and after looking at some video's on Youtube I can honestly say that it looks like the perfect setting for Scary Tale Scarezone.

Take a look...

So I think we will see Scary Tale Scarezone in the same place as Zombie Scarezone's 1st year.
Alton13Nemesis

Excited for this year, still a great atmosphere on park no matter what!
RhysLocke444

Was Zombies not a three pumpkin maze last year? I'm pretty sure it was! And alton towers haven't gave details of how scary the new scarezone will be so hold back, it's free and Carnival has gone, it could be potentially scary! 'Maybe they will even put it in a completely new location?
Enigma

Scarefest is my favourite. Every year I look forwards to it. Thorpe, whilst good, dont offer the same sort of atmosphere. I am seriously glad, that they have the new scary tales. I hope they have enclosed areas, whether that be tents or temporary structures, to make it a truly new awesome experience.

Going for Diamond VIP this year for scarefest :)

EDIT: Alton towers sadly confirmed its basically like Zombies, but with fairytales. Gawna be terrible . . . Just like Zombies.
Someone posted :
Alton Towers Hi Samantha, Smoke Machines will be used in Scary Tales Scare Zone we're afraid.
Like · 8 hours ago
Samantha Ardill-North Hi Thank you, will the attraction be inside or outside. If its outside its not a problem as the smoke rises.
Like · 8 hours ago
Alton Towers This attraction is currently fully outside, similar to our Zombies! Scare Zone, thank you!
Alton13Nemesis

Scary tales sounds great!
Danny

So it sounds as if Scarefest has actually gone backwards or downhill this year as far as scare attractions are concerned.