Scarefest - General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

Well it's now past midday and there's still no sign of any details.

The video they've put on Facebook is pointless and probably just giving people something to talk about while they finish finalising everything.

Hurry up Towers we want details!
dollyry

News items tend to be posted towards the end of a day I've found (such as the Enchanted Village bookings) so we might see an announcement later in the afternoon. Scare maze tickets should 'hopefully' be available to buy this evening I saw them mentioning to someone on Twitter.

The video was trying to appease us I think. When it turns out that there's definitely nothing new this year we will all laugh... Hopefully.
thi3teenloverboy14

I have feeling that a new maze will replace the Carnival of Screams if not they would only have a Walk through and 2 mazes. If they got another Walk Through then it would be even!
Randomizer462

"Will you make it to THE END of the Scary Tales book, where stories are re-written to make nightmares come true, and the only character missing…is you?" Has anyone heard this description for one of Alton's mazes before? :)
Source - http://www.staffordshireliving.co.uk/20 ... scarefest/
RobStandley

Taken from ScareTour:

We are led to believe that the three maze experiences for Scarefest at Alton Towers are: Scary Tales (new for 2014). The Sanctuary (with a twist) and the classic Terror of The Towers. More news as it is finalised...
Count-Vonduel

Randomizer462 wrote:"Will you make it to THE END of the Scary Tales book, where stories are re-written to make nightmares come true, and the only character missing…is you?" Has anyone heard this description for one of Alton's mazes before? :)
Source - http://www.staffordshireliving.co.uk/20 ... scarefest/
That is worrying because they are bringing back the Sanctuary (Smiler tie-in) and now they have an Enchanted village tie-in, and when they are forced to do that, we lose out on a far more interesting original maze.
If they still have the Enchanted Village tie-in next year alongside either The Sanctuary or another advertisement maze, then I'm going to start looking elsewhere for Halloween.
Altontowersbarlow

I realise "Scary Tales" has not been confirmed by The Alton Towers Resort as the new maze for 2014 however according to Scare Tour there was a maze operating under the same name in 2011 in a different location. The below review could give some insight into what this possible new maze for 2014 may accommodate. http://www.scaretouruk.com/review---sca ... -live.html
This maze theme has also been used for Halloween Horror Nights in the past:
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zach

I'm almost certain that this is not a tie in to the enchanted village, it is something separate based on twisted fairy tales, enchanted village is a happy upbeat place to stay they won't ruin that image for scarefest :)
Rob
Admin
Admin

thi3teenloverboy14

Thats exactly how i thought it would be 2 mazes and 2 walk through's
RobStandley

Disappointing to not see a new fully fledged scare maze and another 'scare zone'. Can see the park are focusing more on the family experience this year! It will be interesting to see what 'resort wide atmosphere' additions will be made. The return of Hex:Live? Duel:Live?
sss1986

I am looking forward to the Sanctuary as would like to see how they can implement a new twist to it. TOTT will just be the same most likely (not that I am complaining as it was a good maze) But the Scarezones are a bit "meh" for me, I liked the Zombies scarezone but they aren't exactly that scary, I know it wasn't meant to be scary as it was supposed to bridge the gap between childrens halloween scares to Adult Halloween scares but I was more looking forward to a new maze. Hopefully the Extreme Mazes are back as well as didn't see any information on those. Still early days I suppose but really enjoyed the Extreme Sanctuary and was really hoping to do it again this year aswell as Extreme TOTT
Alton13Nemesis

Sounds a good event. Really looking forward to trying out "the end"! Will it be a happy ending?
Randomizer462

With the line up Alton have posted, As much as i love Alton towers, i just don't think Scarefest is worth the money they charge no more, i for one will not be attending the event this year. :cry:
sss1986

I wonder how they will do it, with the twisted tale on fairy tales. Interesting concept. Would have much preferred it as a Scaremaze but still though seems okay...I don't think you should not go because of the Lineup, remember you still have the 9pm close and riding the Rides in the Dark. It's all about the atmosphere as well :) Plus still have Santuary and Terror of The Towers :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Whilst I can understand the disappointment surrounding the lack of a third maze, it's exciting to see a new scare attraction added to the line-up. Shall be interested to see what they produce and I'm sure there'll still be a few remnants of CoS in there too. The enhancements to the resort's atmosphere and Halloween aesthetics are also a step in the right direction, with the lack of atmosphere being one of the criticisms in previous years.
Alton13Nemesis

Yeah, it costs no more to enter than on a normal day, so please explain to me how extended opening hours, and scare zones, are worse than a normal day at the same price?
Altontowersbarlow

Randomizer462 wrote:With the line up Alton have posted, As much as i love Alton towers, i just don't think Scarefest is worth the money they charge no more, i for one will not be attending the event this year. :cry:
I am unsure what you mean as the admission price is set at its usual standard rate and along with this price you get two scare zones and extended opening hours. The only Halloween Attractions you have to pay for are the Scare-Mazes therefore you are getting more for your admission price compared to a standard day at The Alton Towers Resort. Despite this I hope you do get around to visiting Scarefest this year as I am sure you would enjoy yourself.
Last edited by Altontowersbarlow on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cam_muir

Extreme maze tickets are confirmed and can be bought on the day.
Pixie

Do you think this means no extreme scare maze option?

Im excited. I dont care - I LOVE SCAREFEST - best time of the year !! im on countdown now ! \:D/
Tan x
"you don't know me that well. My angry face and my happy face are the same"