Alton Towers 2015 February Half Term Event

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
SuperWill

I know it's 5 months away but I want to hear your opinions, what rides would you like to see on the 2015 February Half Term lineup? Personally I would love to see Nemesis, Oblivion and Air on the lineup! (Maybe Smiler as well but I don't know how well Gerstlauers cope in cold temperatures) Discuss below guys! :) :)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Morgan

I would like to see:
-Nemmy
-Air
-Oblivion
-RMT
-Hex
-Duel
-Sharkbait Reef
-CLand
lucozade

Forbidden valley or x sector NEEDS to be open.
Dan

Forbidden Valley will be open. We may see Oblivion on the line-up but I'd be very surprised to see The Smiler available.

Dark Forest is a no-go for FHT.
NemeJaney

Hopefully the B&Ms, plus Hex, Duel and other dark rides. Sonic and RMT would be nice, too.
nemefan08

I have never visited during fht but if line up is good then Ill try.

I'd like air, nemesis, oblivion, mine train, sonic, smiler(if they can get it working in bad conditions), hex, duel, ice age and catcf.
lucozade

I have been meaning to fly over and bring my girlfriend to AT for a while, if they open the park properly in Feb I would come...

But I know that's a dream that isn't going to happen.
Altontowersbarlow

I think that Alton Towers should consider opening the following areas and attractions for the 2015 Half Term event.

Mutiny Bay- This opens up some ideal family attractions and caters for younger children.

Cbeebies Land- The Half Term event is mainly aimed at younger children which is consolidated by the continuance of the "Moshi Monsters" theme therefore it would make perfect sense to open the newest childrens area at The Alton Towers Resort during the event.

Cloud Cuckoo Land- This area is family orientated and is therefore appropriate for a family event.

X-Sector- I understand that The Smiler can be temperamental however I think X-Sector is an appropriate replacement for Forbidden Valley as guests are then being kept to one general area of the park, making the event more organised and centralized.

Sonic Spinball- This ride is enjoyed by families and is also quite thrilling, therefore it caters for both thrill and family audiences.

Hex- A family ride that adds a dark ride to the Half Term line-up

This arrangement would mean that all guests would be kept to the front proportion of the park allowing for a more organised event. Despite this, Duel and The Runaway Mine Train would not operate however I feel opening Cbeebies Land would compensate for this.
JustWill

The rides I would expect to see in the lineup-

-•THRILLS•-
-Nemesis
-Air
-Blade
-Sonic Spinball
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-Mine Train
-Marauder's Mayhem
-Heave Ho!
-Sharkbait Reef
-Hex
-•YOUNGER FUN•-
-Cbeebies Land (Some Of It- Maybe Not All)

I Would Also Like To See-
-•THRILLS•-
-Oblivion
-The Smiler
-Enterprise
-Th13teen
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-Charlie And The Chocolate Factory
-Twirling Toadstool *Magic Mushroom*
-The Flume
Dan

TMIwill wrote:The rides I would expect to see in the lineup-

-•THRILLS•-
-Nemesis
-Air
-Blade
-Sonic Spinball
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-Mine Train
-Marauder's Mayhem
-Heave Ho!
-Sharkbait Reef
-Hex
-•YOUNGER FUN•-

-•THRILLS•-
-Oblivion
-The Smiler
-Enterprise
-Th13teen
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-The Flume
Nemesis is unlikely to be on the FHT line-up next year as it is undergoing an extensive refurbishment in preparation for its 21st birthday.
thi3teenloverboy14

I would like to see Nemesis,Air,Thi3teen,Sonic and RAMT+ all the other kids rides open like Postman Pat and Hex CATCF ect ect. However Thi3teen may not be open but would be nice or they could swap it for sonic for a change or have them open on certain days so sonic open for 1 day then thi3teen the next continued!
Zach

Could anyone provide me with information and examples of previous hotel and ticket offers of past years as I'm looking at going this half term but wondered if they do any deals just to make it all a lot cheaper and more of a getaway haha. Thanks.
Lee

TheSmilerMan wrote:Could anyone provide me with information and examples of previous hotel and ticket offers of past years as I'm looking at going this half term but wondered if they do any deals just to make it all a lot cheaper and more of a getaway haha. Thanks.
I believe they used to do a 'stay & play' style package, but that wouldn't be any good for you. Best bet is to watch the prices and use your MAP Zach as it's not traditionally too expensive at FHT. The 50% off codes tend to be released around the same time as the map in a certain newspaper I refuse to give any publicity to.
jon18uk

TheSmilerMan wrote:Could anyone provide me with information and examples of previous hotel and ticket offers of past years as I'm looking at going this half term but wondered if they do any deals just to make it all a lot cheaper and more of a getaway haha. Thanks.
Current hotel price for FHT seems to be around £165 for the room so I don't expect it to get much cheaper, full Half Term details are due in early December so wait and maybe?
Altonboy001

Dan.N wrote:
TMIwill wrote:The rides I would expect to see in the lineup-

-•THRILLS•-
-Nemesis
-Air
-Blade
-Sonic Spinball
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-Mine Train
-Marauder's Mayhem
-Heave Ho!
-Sharkbait Reef
-Hex
-•YOUNGER FUN•-

-•THRILLS•-
-Oblivion
-The Smiler
-Enterprise
-Th13teen
-•LAUGHS AND FRIGHTS•-
-The Flume
Nemesis is unlikely to be on the FHT line-up next year as it is undergoing an extensive refurbishment in preparation for its 21st birthday.

IS ITTT tell us more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Dan

There's nothing confirmed but it's just a rumour that it's getting a big clean up as well as a track & station repaint.

Like I said it's just a rumour so it may not happen so we'll have to wait for any information released by the resort
Morgan

The track looks good, I don't see why they have to paint it...
NemesisRider

Same here, I think it really fits the theme well :(

I think a clean up is needed but what's not broken doesn't need fixing (for the track at least).
SuperWill

Alton Towers said on Twitter the other day that the ride lineup for FHT will be released next week! Keep your eyes peeled on their website guys! :D

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
NemesisRider

Yay!