Alton Towers 2015 February Half Term Event

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Jamie

Dan.N wrote:If it's extensive maintenance/repair work then I'm not sure Merlin would appreciate photos of a coaster that isn't even 2 years old yet being fixed.
Yes but regardless of how poorly manufactured a ride is, it still requires winter maintenance which will cause it to look different to usual. I don't see how maintaining a ride is something to be embarrassed about.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As part of the Feb Half Term lineup, there will be a brand new & exclusive show in Mr Bloom's Allotment and the CBeebies Land Disco in the Alton Towers Hotel. All info concerning the event can be found on our newly updated Feb Half Term page!
SuperWill

lewis97 wrote:As part of the Feb Half Term lineup, there will be a brand new & exclusive show in Mr Bloom's Allotment and the CBeebies Land Disco in the Alton Towers Hotel. All info concerning the event can be found on our newly updated Feb Half Term page!
It will be quite interesting to see this exclusive show! I'm guessing it's gonna be different to last years show? :P

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Zach

Jamie wrote:
Dan.N wrote:If it's extensive maintenance/repair work then I'm not sure Merlin would appreciate photos of a coaster that isn't even 2 years old yet being fixed.
Yes but regardless of how poorly manufactured a ride is, it still requires winter maintenance which will cause it to look different to usual. I don't see how maintaining a ride is something to be embarrassed about.
I think what Dan is getting at is, if it's extensive maintenance more than usual winter maintenance merlin or alton wouldn't to have pictures of there brand new £20million ride looking on it's last legs and needing heavy work having only been open less than 2 years getting made public :)
lewis97 wrote:As part of the Feb Half Term lineup, there will be a brand new & exclusive show in Mr Bloom's Allotment and the CBeebies Land Disco in the Alton Towers Hotel. All info concerning the event can be found on our newly updated Feb Half Term page!
Don't want to sound weird but quite excited about seeing what the Cbeebies disco will be like haha, I think this half term I might spend abit of time in Cbeebies land and experience the new shows and current shows as there isn't the whole park open get some free time head over, last year I took it in but didn't spend time in big fun time show etc. always look forward to feb half term it's time on park where I go and can relax and soak up the atmosphere and take a leisure walk around, always good time to have a good at some artistic pictures :moj
lewis97
Admin
Admin

As part of the event there'll be several CBeebies characters available to meet and greet. Amongst them is Captain Barnacles (Octonauts) and Kate & Mim Mim, who I believe are new costumed characters for this year?

[align=center]Image[/align]
Morgan

Three Es on the "Meeet your favourite."
SuperWill

Sounds like Feb Half Term is going be great fun! I for one will actually watch the Mr Bloom's exclusive show! Yes I'm a big kid and I'm proud of it! :P

Ladyofthelake

lewis97 wrote:As part of the event there'll be several CBeebies characters available to meet and greet. Amongst them is Captain Barnacles (Octonauts) and Kate & Mim Mim, who I believe are new costumed characters for this year?
It's quite interesting to see them bring the Octonauts character in for this event. Octonauts are already used across the Sealife centres and sanctuaries, as well as at Chessington. Could this mean we'll be seeing more Octonaut characters at Alton Towers this year - possibly closely linked to Sharkbait Reef?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I think if we saw them introduced anywhere the most obvious place would be CBeebies Land... It would be odd to locate them anywhere else in the park.
Danny

Maybe the Octonauts are in some way related to the new coaster...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

A conversation to continue in the topic maybe ;)
Danny

Considering its related to the topic, I think it's best here :)
stealthsmiler

Any particular reason why Sonic is yellow??
TheBeast

Fair question, and a question I do not know the answer to.

I guess it could potentially be just to fit it into the colourful Cbeebies logo, altho that rly is a shot in the dark
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Altontowersbarlow

stealthsmiler wrote:Any particular reason why Sonic is yellow??
Sonic Spinball is usually represented with blue track and yellow cars in event posters as I have noticed the unusual colour scheme in the Alton Towers Firework Spectacular posters to.
SuperWill

If you visit on the 21st or 22nd, then you can reserve your tickets to watch Justin Fletcher (aka Mr Tumble) perform live in the Big Fun Showtime! However tickets are served on a first come, first served basis and are limited! FAQ's about the show can be found here:
http://www.altontowers.com/things-to-do ... -show-faqs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lee

Moved to 'Alton Towers General' as Feb Half Term is upon us :)
AvidPenguin

I did two days at Towers for Feb HT (Monday 16th and Friday 20th). On the Monday, Nemesis was closed until half 2, due to the rust issues apparently. Hex was also closed for the majority of the day, and to top it off, Spinball was down to 3 seats per car because of the rain, so that was racking up a 60 min queue. However, Air remained on 2 trains, and managed to stay below a 10 minute queue, which made me ride it 5 times that day, considering the fact I'm not a fan of it at all. So aside from Nemesis finally opening in the final 90 mins, there wasn't much that I enjoyed about the first day, so I decided to give Towers another shot on the Friday. Nemesis was open all day, as was Hex. However, it was much busier than the Monday, but we still managed to get on 20 rides in the day, 8 of which were Duel and 7 were on Nemesis. It was nice to be back on Hex, as it's one of my favourite dark rides in the UK, after Valhalla (and PMBO in the dark ;) ) Purchased one of the new Oblivion shirts (or at least I think it's new - I didn't see it last season)
I'm the one with the horse mask that likes Vekoma...
Lee

I rather enjoyed FHT this year. I visited both weekends, one for a day and the other for the full weekend.

Although FV seemed generally quiet, the rest of the open park could have easily been mistaken for a day during the quieter main season with queues for RMT stretching well out of its queue line. I spent very little time in CBeebies land, however you can tell that this is the direction the resort want to take FHT and the introduction of CBeebies land has certainly boosted its popularity. The Hotels themselves were extremely busy, with the Waterpark being unbearable on the Saturday. I was impressed from what I saw of the CBeebies Disco and glad the resort want to keep that level of entertainment during these events to entice people to stay.

The park too some flack on social media for this event and I'm extremely torn over it. Usually I'd defend the resort, having experience the general publics idiocy from a customer services viewpoint - the event was less than half the price of a standard admission charge, and clearly advertised itself as limited selection. However, since the updated website has taken effect, even I've begun to struggle to pull crucial information from it. I'd hate to attempt to navigate it as a once a year or less guest.