Alton Towers 2015 February Half Term Event

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Dan

Jamie wrote:
Dan.N wrote:
SuperWill wrote:Imo, the lineup is pretty bad (apart from Nemesis of course!) because they basically used the same lineup as this year. I was expecting Oblivion to be on the lineup but obviously not unfortunately!
If The Smiler is undergoing extensive maintenance work (which lets be fair is pretty certain) then I doubt Towers will want people wandering around X-Sector while they patch the thing up.

Photos would be on social media within minutes which is something they don't need.
What, photos of winter maintenance? Don't see anything wrong with that to be honest.
If it's extensive maintenance/repair work then I'm not sure Merlin would appreciate photos of a coaster that isn't even 2 years old yet being fixed.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post
Danny

So perhaps Nemesis 21st may be a little disappointing after all :/

X Sector may be closed whilst they are placing Ripsaw there. For all we know it may of already moved ;) if that's the case it'll need to undergo extensive testing before reopening in X Sector.
Nathan_Fisher

SuperWill wrote:Imo, the lineup is pretty bad (apart from Nemesis of course!) because they basically used the same lineup as this year. I was expecting Oblivion to be on the lineup but obviously not unfortunately!
Its not necessarily a bad line up, it't just a shame they couldn't of changed the rides around a bit. It would of been nice to see both Rita and Thirteen available for next year, but imo it's still a pretty good line up.
Nathan_Fisher

DannyG wrote:So perhaps Nemesis 21st may be a little disappointing after all :/

X Sector may be closed whilst they are placing Ripsaw there. For all we know it may of already moved ;) if that's the case it'll need to undergo extensive testing before reopening in X Sector.
Who said anything about ripsaw being moved to X sector? I wasn't aware of this.
Danny

It has been rumoured for the past couple of months. Although I must stress that it is only a rumour/speculation.
sw7nutter

13 was never going to appear in the line up, its too prone to stalling. Also refurbishing nemesis may be a nice idea but not essential. I would expect an update to nemmy when sw8 turns up in the air car park or perhaps the year before. A bit like what oblivion got. I guess they could have been painting nemmy at the moment so its ready for feb but it seems unlikely.
SuperWill

I mean don't get me wrong, the lineup is pretty decent but I wish they added Oblivion to the lineup! Will be nice to ride Nemmy on Valentines Day! ;)

Credit to Lewis97 :) 

Sit back, it's fright time! :D
Morgan

Oh la la!
NemesisRider

Never thought of that! We don't need cherubs and romantic meals if a theme park is open :lol ;)
stealthsmiler

Im glad Sonics on there as it is a good ride, however I never make time for it as Im busy riding the others. However I wish At least Rita was open, if not 13, as it would make the walk over to Hex a bit more Justified. Most people who trek over to Hex aren't exactly going to want to visit CCL unless they have kids.
SuperWill

stealthsmiler wrote:Im glad Sonics on there as it is a good ride, however I never make time for it as Im busy riding the others. However I wish At least Rita was open, if not 13, as it would make the walk over to Hex a bit more Justified. Most people who trek over to Hex aren't exactly going to want to visit CCL unless they have kids.
Th13teen and Rita wouldn't be able to operate during FHT due to cold temperatures. Both coasters will only operate above a certain temperature so it would make sense not to open Th13teen and Rita during FHT.

Dan

There's also the fact that both Rita and Thirteen require heavy closed season maintenance, whereas Nemesis and Air (being B&M) don't require as much so it will be easier for the technical team to get them open for FHT and leave the Intamins until main season.
sw7nutter

Rita doesn't need that much. They are getting stealth open for Feb half term. However Rita has more value in scrap metal in my opinion so why you would want it open is a completely different question. 13's main problem is its tendency to stall, made worse when its cold.
nemefan08

I'm glad we have been told the line up. Its a shame nemesis is open as that rules out any chance of a MAJOR refurbishment and leaving us with a bit of paint here and there. Maybe if they really try they may be able to do a big one but for now we can see what's happening.
SuperWill

nemefan08 wrote:I'm glad we have been told the line up. Its a shame nemesis is open as that rules out any chance of a MAJOR refurbishment and leaving us with a bit of paint here and there. Maybe if they really try they may be able to do a big one but for now we can see what's happening.
If Nemmy is getting a big refurbishment maybe they are being really quick with it at the moment? Or perhaps inbetween Feb Half Term and March 21st, they will do the big refurbishment then? Nobody knows for sure! :)

Nathan_Fisher

I don't think a major refurb will happen in between FHT and March 21st because this only gives them a month to do so. If any refurbishment work was going to be done, surly it would be between the end of the season and FHT.
Jack

I guess they can work fast to get it done in the closed season. I mean, I don't think it should take a lot of the closed season to paint the station, clean up the area, and paint the track where the wheel marks are showing. In fact, the gap between the last day of the season just gone and feb half term is the perfect amount of time to do all the things I just said, and possibly a thing or two we wouldn't expect! :)
Morgan

Agreed jack, they have more than enough time.
I wonder what they could surprise us with...
I want loads of smoke (especially on the last corkscrew) and water-spray effects (especially as you do the zero-g-roll). I think they should play the legend in the pit and the main theme in the rest of FV (except Air). Maybe all the lights in the station are red, and a smoke-screen where the track enters and exits the beast???
SuperWill

I for one don't want to see new trains for Nemmy! (the trains I mean are the ones they use for Banshee!) Anyway, moving back on to FHT, I think on the 14th I'll give Nemmy a Valentines card, some flowers and have a romantic meal in her pit! ;) Who would be up for that? ;)

JustWill

TTheory wrote:Agreed jack, they have more than enough time.
I wonder what they could surprise us with...
I want loads of smoke (especially on the last corkscrew) and water-spray effects (especially as you do the zero-g-roll). I think they should play the legend in the pit and the main theme in the rest of FV (except Air). Maybe all the lights in the station are red, and a smoke-screen where the track enters and exits the beast???
They should fix Nemsis up with lighting around the area (including the station), smoke effects (fire affects would not be used due to trees surrounding the site #-o) but water sprays would best fit air.
But yes, music around the FV (inc. Skyride), and playing on the walk up to FV and Gloomy Wood and maybe the legend playing in the pit, and maybe even in TowersStreet.
EDIT 1: And bring back the red-dyed water!! :lol
EDIT 2: Maybe they could use static sounds and then start playing the nemesis theme around some park areas (X-Sector, Dark Forest, Gloomy Wood, TowersStreet, Fountain Square, Air Ride Area