What Were Your First Experiences On A Roller-Coaster Like?

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
bex

My first experience was on a big old wooden roller-coaster at Gulliver's world which scared me a lot the first time i went on it as i was 3 and it looked like a giant beast but i conquered it and i never looked back.... My parents called me an adrenaline junkie because i went on it 5 times in a row and it took a lot for them to get me off it. Now as time has gone on all these safety regulations meant that they had to make it more stable and safe which for me took all the fun out of it.

What were yours?

Love Bex
Cookie Monster

Mine was when I was 6, I went to BPB with my Family. My first coaster was the Grand National. I enjoyed it a lot. If I ever get to go back there before it is deemed unsafe, I will definitely go on it.
stealthsmiler

It is unsafe, I went on it on Monday and Oh My God it was painful.

But for me it Ye Olde Corky unless you count one of those rubbish Beastie coasters.
Groovee

I was 19 and working in Upstate New York, when we went to Darian Lake (a six flags park) on a staff trip. I'd never been but a couple of the girls went to college near it and had been numerous times. First one was one behind the other in the dark. The girl at the front must have had night vision. She kept telling us what was coming up. Then we went on another one which we went upside down and everything. It started my coaster junkie way.

When I'd finished working there, I went to the one in New Jersey for a day out with my then boyfriend.

We got married the next year and did Disney and Universal in Orlando.

Our kids love coasters. Dd is now tall enough for Air, Nemisis, Rita and the Smiler. Her heart is set on Air. Ds is now tall enough for Thirteen and Sonic Spinball. Can't wait to be there in 58 days.

We've done M&D's and Louden Castle(which is now closed) AT and Legoland as well as Disney Paris and Port Adventura.
Georgie

For the first 12 years of my life I was petrified of Roller Coasters. I remember when my Mum took us to Drayton Manor when we were up visiting her cousin. I LOVED Stormforce10 and I had a great time on the other rides (other than the flats - I just looked at one from the top of the ferris wheel and asked 'why?') but I refused to join my younger sister on G Force. Then, on my 2nd visit to Legoland with my local youth club, I went on the Dragon. The fact I went on a ride on tracks gave me confidence and when I went to Chessington a year later, I went on Vampire and loved it. (minus headbanging) I even had my first time upside down on Ramesis then. The ride I consider my first 'proper' coaster was THE SWARM, which I rode in October 2012 and since then, I've not looked back.
1. Helix | 2. Taron | 3. Nemesis | 4. Expedition GeForce | 5. Wodan
Jack

My first coaster was actually Tami Tami at Port Aventura, I was only young and got scared to death :lol
jimm123

My first roller coaster was "the corkscrew" at Flamingo land when I was about 12. I had always been terrified of big rides and after that I thought to myself "what was I ever even scared of"
Following my nice easy ride on the corkscrew I went on the bullet, which I remember thinking was actually rather intense (and the restraints bloody painful!) but I loved it, a much more thrilling ride than the corkscrew, realising I loved it I then went on the magnum force and the cliffhanger and loved the lot. So a nice tame one for my first, :-).
Justin

My first proper coaster was Nemisis Inferno. At the time I was so worried about going on it and spent most of the day avoiding them at Thorpe. It was a Fright Night so my first ride was more at dusk! Since then I have never looked back!