I'm So Nervous...

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
bex

I have been to alton towers on many occasions and i have been on thirteen and air and nemesis. I was wondering whether to go on oblivion and rita. I will go on the smiler. I am just scared of oblivion..... What do you guys think? :love: ](*,)
NickiFan

Well, I went on Oblivion before Nemesis, TH13TEEN and Rita and I find Oblivion amazing, it is scary at first and the first time you are on it its horrible but then you will want to go on it over and over! Its very intimidating to look at and the wait to drop can be really nerve wrecking but the drop is really fun and doesn't really last that long, think about it as if you go on it and don't like it, you never have to do it again :D
Jevaaaans

The first time I went on it, I was really scared of rollercoasters and everything, but my friends dragged me on. The adrenaline really helped and before I knew it we'd ridden it three times in a row! Obviously, if you don't want to go on it then don't push yourself but it's really a great ride!

Plus, by the laws of physics nothing can actually happen to you on it which is a bonus :D
Danny

If your riding The Smiler, I'd recommend as soon as you get off run out the exit and shop and straight to the queue. Do not look at the ride once and run the whole queue until you get to the back of it. Usually it's a very small wait time due to the number of people that can be waiting n the station. Get on and don't even look at the drop, how high your going etc; once your at the drop, then look around and admire the Staffordshire views, then just enjoy yourself!!
bex

Your all completely right i mean i might be going next saturday. i have been 3 times already and i look at the drop and think holy mackerel cheese balls and i chicken out of it so this time may be my last so i am going to man up take my heart out of my stomach and go for it. What have i got to loose? i mean i cant die. Its just that drop.....!!!!!
Aidan Lowe

Don't let your nerves conquer you. Nerves are why many people miss out on awesome experiences. It looks worse than it is and know that your perfectly safe. I hope you go on it because you'll probably find you'll enjoy it more than you thought.

As for Rita just jump in the queue, the launch is quite a rush, don't forget to put ya hands up!
Luviico

I had the same fears as you, many times I would stand for minutes on end just staring at the drop and then backing out at the last minute. I was so pleased when I eventually rode it though and it's now my favourite ride on park! And the reason I love it is because of the feeling the drop actually gives you so my fear turned into an absolute love! Also, just think, Oblivion is one ride which is over and done with before you know it, not like the smiler where you are stuck if you are hating the experience. Just let yourself go and enjoy it, I promise you won't regret it :D