Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Themeparksandy1981

Theses prices make Disney Hotels look value for money. Who gonna pay over £1000 for a family of 4 for 2 days in the park and 1 night sleep.
jon18uk

Themeparksandy1981 wrote:Theses prices make Disney Hotels look value for money. Who gonna pay over £1000 for a family of 4 for 2 days in the park and 1 night sleep.
The standard lodges are the same price as Splash Landings. Around £150 per night (weekends more) and a Family of 4 could sleep and have park access for under £500.

The treehouses are very expensive and I wouldn't pay around £700 given that the Raddle Inn cabins are around £200. But there is a limited number of tree houses, they sleep up to 8 and look like they will be finished to a high standard.
lucozade

I'm sure they did their research. I happily book 1k a night luxury hotels. But my money is on VIPs being 'given' these rooms during conference and whole park hire days.
S.J_O'Grady

It looks pretty cool but wouldn't the lodges be a bit cold?! :)
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
lucozade

The Sky Sailor wrote:It looks pretty cool but wouldn't the lodges be a bit cold?! :)
Haha noooo, in snow covered ski resorts wooden lodges are use and they are tosty. Its highly likely that your own home will be colder and far less insulated... As it will be Alton Towers paying for the heating bills.
Themeparksandy1981

Don't give Merlin anymore money making ideas as no doubt if they could they would add Gas&Electric pay meters.
Aidan Lowe

Taken from AT Facebook: here.

They have named their supplier and name of the restaurant The Crooked Spoon.
To book your short break you can visit http://www.altontowers.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Prices start from £37.50 per person per night for a woodland lodge and £75 per person for a luxury treehouse.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
lewis97
Admin
Admin

An aerial photo from Tatenhill Aviation of the construction site.

Morgan

Blimey! Thats a big site!
Sr88

Yeah, hadn't quite realised it would be that massive. Nice! I hope it's complete on time though, I hate to think about the potential fuss caused if it isn't.
Altontowersbarlow

Alton Towers have added and updated information regarding the Enchanted Village accommodation on the newly updated website. One quote from the website seems very intriguing: "Watch the great oak tree come to life with hundreds of glittering fairy lights". This sounds like a similar idea to the popular Tree Of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom which I think will be a pleasant aspect of the area. If you wish to view the updated information about the Enchanted Village 2015 accomodation I have provided a link below.

https://www.altontowers.com/places-to-s ... m-explorer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Following AT's website change, we've also updated our Enchanted Village section and added dedicated pages for the Woodland Lodges and Luxury Treehouses.
daveclarkedaveclarke

If the Enchanted Village turns out to be like the pictures already posted this is looking to be a great addition to the resort. I'm already fancying staying sometime next summer
Morgan

Well, I'm happy this is happening. Splash Landing rooms are much cheaper now!
TheBeast

Haha im sure thats not the intended repsonse for Merlin there, TTheory ;)

I think they are just going to be a other way to swipe at tourists' pockets. I guess its the curse of corporation
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Chris
Admin
Admin

Paul has taken some great new photos which will be uploaded in the next few days.
daveclarkedaveclarke

Towers are already pushing adverts for TEV already. Just seen one on the vidzone app on my ps4. Anyone else seen one yet?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Earlier on we published our construction update from Christmas Eve.

You'll find the full set of photos on our dedicated page.
Dom

I'm still unsure about The Enchanted Village. Looking at the pictures, it looks like construction is really steaming ahead. What i'm unsure about is the look. I can't work out if the roofs of the lodges are amazing or if they look really stupid. The tree houses look a bit strange but they do look like what was planned, which is good. But seeing them in pictures i don't really think the term tree house suits it. They look more like mini castles.
bensaund

Hopefully with the finishing touches a few trees and bushes they will look good, I seriously doubt they want it to look cheap (that is Thorpe Parks job) :-)