Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
hursty

Construction photos

Danny

My opinion months ago:
Exciting new accommodation, a good. One forward in expanding the resort and the accommodation it offers. A different experience adding to the magical feel. Downside were these will be incredibly expensive to stay at.

My opinion now: the buildings look very mehh, nothing special. Apart from the door there's only a tiny window on the side. They are absolutely tiny, roughly the same size as a room in the AT hotel.

I've read on other forums that this is going to be the budget accommodation, which shocked me. Now I've seen this I think they just wouldn't be worth it. I just hope the tree houses are better.
Altontowersbarlow

If this is the Alton Towers Resort's answer to "budget accommodation" I am fairly impressed. The lodges are clearly simple but include a nice amount of detail. The lodges do seem exceptionally small however guests are effectively paying for a comfortable Alton Towers Hotel room contained in a "rustic" lodge meaning Alton Towers are bringing a good standard room into a new "themed" environment. Taking this into mind I think Alton Towers have designed and planned this development effectively and have allowed the hotel accommodation format to be placed into a spacious and pleasant area that is more appropriate for families.
hursty

DannyG wrote: I've read on other forums that this is going to be the budget accommodation, which shocked me. Now I've seen this I think they just wouldn't be worth it. I just hope the tree houses are better.
I'm not sure that they are classed a budget accommodation!
The plans and marketing are much more along the lines of a luxury fairy-tale village. A getaway retreat village rather than a hotel.
I will be expecting them to be more expensive than both Splash and ATH standard rooms for certain. Time will tell on where they sit in terms of the existing hotels themed rooms prices.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Just been having a look through the concept images and plans, and it's come to my realisation that the treehouses are actually those buildings featured in the initial concept drawings. Therefore, it appears that the term 'treehouse' is somewhat of a loose description seeing as they're just situated in front of some trees, instead of actually in them.

As you can see there are 3 different 'treehouse' concepts arranged at different angles, but it does appear that they will be very much like what's in the concept drawings, which should be a good thing.
Alton13Nemesis

this should be cool next year, cannot wait to get down to the hotel over the Christmas break and take some pictures of the construction :)
Danny

Visited today and had a look at the show house. The fencing has been removed giving a better look and I can see they have both now been fully furnished. I'd expect people visiting within the next few months may get the chance to have a look inside them, with only electrics left to do.

Also there are two signs outside with a number to text to be the first to book these lodges for next year. I have some pictures which I will upload when I get time :)
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Via Snapchat and Facebook, Alton Towers have given guests a peek inside the show lodge in the park, with it now being opened for park guests to have a look around.

First impressions are that they look reasonable enough although I'm not too sure about the vinyl floor throughout the room. Some real rugs/mats wouldn't go amiss.

[align=center]Image

Image[/align]
Ryan.B

Although they look amazing, they will be way overpriced for a glorified shipping container! You can't even tell they're shipping containers now then. The large tree houses will be around £1000 pounds me thinks but I really want to see them in person before I fully judge. It's looking good though so Bravo Alton :clap:
Danny

Don't want to promote the competition, but on a certain other forum they have an update with ground work begun on the site of the Enchanted Village. Ground is being cleared now :)
Zach

I did see it's been quoted some will be £150 per night for up to 5 ppl but it doesn't seem right but we'll have to see haha
Ethan1499

The prices for a lodge is going to be around £150 that's what one of the staff told me
Ladyofthelake

You can now book a stay in The Enchanted Village on the Alton Towers website! The accommodation is set to open on 18th April 2015. TowersTimes News has all the details in our most recent article
Danny

I said they would be cheaper than the hotels :roll:
stealthsmiler

TBH I am not overly impressed with the lodge. It just doesn't seem to me to be high enough quality to justify the price. It just seems to have a cheap/budget look (for lack of a better word) to it. I haven't seen it in person though so maybe when I have seen it my opinion will change and maybe once they are built and open the surrounding setting may be a lot better. It feels like a themed room, which I know it is but for me, I would want to feel like I truly have escaped into a 'real' enchanted village in a fairy tale - like I am apart of it, not in a lodge themed around it. For example the little fairy door I think is a nice touch but then the picture next to the bunk bed ruins it. They would be better off planting trees outside and having a real window. Also the floors, real wood floors with real rugs would be a lot better.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

In a reply on Twitter, Alton Towers have stated that the Luxury Treehouses will be priced from £650 for 8 people.

[align=center]Image[/align]

Whilst on Facebook they have stated that one of the treehouses will have disabled access.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Randomizer462

The Luxury Treehouses are now available, seem a bit expensive, 18th April for 4 Adults for 1 night is £960.00. :dizzy: :cry:
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Randomizer462 wrote:The Luxury Treehouses are now available, seem a bit expensive, 18th April for 4 Adults for 1 night is £960.00. :dizzy: :cry:
Prices will be inflated during opening weekend. Also I believe the price isn't influenced by how many people are due to stay in the Luxury Treehouse, so it would be £960 whether eight people are staying or just one, for example.
definedancing

The boyfriend and I went to look around at the model lodge today and had a nice 20 minute conversation with the lady who was stood telling us about it. She said the tree houses would be "around £900" throughout the year.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We've just added another Enchanted Village construction update to the respective page.

The Woodland Walk's entrance bridge has now been decimated, there are trenches all over the place and some foundations for the Luxury Treehouses are now in.