Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ladyofthelake

Plans have now also been submitted for an extension to the hotel spa.

Taken from TowersTimes News
Following on from the submission of plans for brand new accommodation, the Alton Towers Resort have also submitted plans for an extension to their Spa, including a new reception area and Spa Garden.

The new extension will be located to the east of the existing hotel and spa and will add a small amount of floor-space to what is currently on offer. A new dedicated spa reception will be created which will have its own ‘feature door’ be able to be accessed via a bridge constructed of timber in-keeping with the existing area, with the new spa garden will only be accessible via the existing spa.

A range of new elements are planned for the walled spa garden. Two of the biggest features will be an uncovered hydro-pool, a relaxation fire pit and decking, and a sunken seating area and sauna. Parts of the new seating areas and decking will be protected from the elements by a series of canopies alongside a stone plinth to act as a screen from a public footpath. Leading to the new garden will be a single story conservatory.

Careful consideration has also gone into the appearance of the new extension. In particular, the plans mention a ‘feature door’ for the new spa entrance ‘with other theming elements located along the entrance bridge.’ The garden and entrance area will be fully landscaped, including a new ornamental pond with themed centre feature, over which the new entrance bridge will pass. The garden will include a ‘series of areas of bounded gravel and climbing plants’ to help soften the appearance of the new extension so it blends seamlessly with the existing structures.

The full plans can be viewed on the Staffordshire Moorlands District Council Website.
These plans look quite good in my opinion - I am intrigued to see what the fire pit is!
jon18uk

Looking at the plans it appears there are some quite big internal changes with the male changing rooms being expanded and the female changing rooms being removed/converted to a different room, I assume changing will then be unisex?

The wooden sauna also looks like it will be removed/relocated as well as both of the sensory showers and I can't see where these would be relocated. There is also at least three new treatment rooms shown on the ground floor.

All the plans also show the hotel extension so I think this is still prep work for the new rooms to be built along the back of the garden, as the walkway to these rooms would run along as part of the top floor of the Spa extension.
Katherine

These do look good, however I'd imagine for them to be pretty pricy. :P
sw7nutter

Nothing special, many parks have log cabins. As its merlin i expect them to be around £300 a night for 4 people so they are completely pointless.
Dom

I have always thought this was a bad move by Merlin. They would have been better off doing something that would cost the customer less. The hotels are fairly expensive and to have cheaper accommodation would have been the way to go. It would have led to more people staying on resort. But only time will tell with these
Cobby

I found this news article on the derby evening telegraph website which states that alton towers will be building a new 'enchanted village' accommodation. This village will be situated next to the alton towers hotel and it will contain 120 fairytale lodges and five luxury treehouses alongside children’s play areas and a new themed restaurant with family entertainment. Hers a link to the news story if you want to read it. http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Enchant ... story.html
flange

Exclusive announcement: Coming to Alton Towers Resort in 2015 - The Enchanted Village. Sign up now to be the first to hear more information!

From
The Enchanted Village - New for 2015

"At the far corner of Alton Towers next to the enchanted forest lies a small village..."

The Enchanted Village is a new hideaway in woodland at the Alton Towers Resort, with fairy-tale lodges and luxury tree houses alongside children’s play areas and a brand new themed restaurant featuring family entertainment.

Register your interest now to be the first to hear more about the new distinctive short breaks coming to Alton Towers Resort in 2015.
Register interest here http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/ ... d-village/

Plus new renders for the 'Enchanted Village'

Michelle

If the finished product looks like the artwork, then the new accommodation will be a real treat.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

We have compiled all the key information, images and plans released so far here on a single page! We will endeavour to keep its content up to date in order for it to be the best resource regarding the 2015 developments.
Lottie.

Michelle wrote:If the finished product looks like the artwork, then the new accommodation will be a real treat.
This! The concept art looks absolutely amazing, but if this what the real might look like then it really will look enchanting. Love to know what the price range would be stay in these though.
RCandrew

I never look on this thread but I've just looked at everything and I didn't know this was actually happening?! It looks amazing :D
cookiee_munster

im not sold. id prefer it if it were some kind of area filled with camping pods, and made for a less expensive experience.
Cookie Monster

This really will add to the experience at Alton Towers. I would love to stay at one of these; however, I can see in one of the pictures that there is a woman in a Jacuzzi. Would this take profits from the spa?
stealthsmiler

They are amazing, but with two pricey hotels, I think it is a bad move. They will cost a fortune to stay in. I really wanted Alton to open a campsite so guests can have a cheaper stay. But that would mean less income for Merlin, so that wouldn't happen. It could have still been magical with the appearance of staying in the enchanted forest, and then have similar style buildings for the toilets, reception, a cafe etc.
Dom

This has me divided. It seems like a good concept, but price will be the main issue. I can see these being very expensive per night. AT would have been better building a simple style hotel that could house a lot of guests at the same time and be affordable.
Danny

Alton towers need cheaper accommodation in order to increase the number of multi day guests. Why can't they just have a small campsite??! They can still charge and earn off a field that's needed barely any money put in to it.
Open your eyes Merlin!
RCandrew

I know a cheaper option would be ideal, and I'd love it! But remember tha hotels do become fully booked at several times throughout the year.. Plus the village will attract even more!
Michelle

I know we'd all love Alton Towers to provide cheaper accommodation, but in reality you pay for the convenience of being on the doorstep of the park, and with the premium design of the new proposal I think it's more a move to cement the 'resort' feel and an attempt at Disney-like escapism.

Cheaper accommodation would be nice but AT are probably mindful of the local business's also. As greedy as we know Merlin can be, I don't believe that they would be going for another potentially expensive type of accommodation if they didn't think they would see enough revenue - they won't go budget as they don't currently need to. As someone else has pointed out, it's not unheard of for the hotels to be fully booked despite their cost.
Dom

According to the stokesentinel website The Enchanted Village will create 75 jobs and they are trying to keep the removal of trees to a minimum in creating the tree houses. Also according to Hannah Whitney, 4000 additional trees will be planted on the site. So it is going to beneficial both for the job market and mother nature which is good.
altontowerskid

I understand people's concerns about cheaper accommodation; however, the existing hotels always have a good occupancy year-round, especially thriving in summer, Scarefest, Christmas and Easter.

I've always been excited about a more 'luxury' accommodation option and I think this is the perfect answer. If the finished result is anything like the concept pictures, I will most definitely be getting a group visit organised!

Even those that are begging for a cheaper option (e.g. camping) onsite at the Towers, surely you can also see that the higher profit margins from more luxurious accommodation guarantees future investment? I think the Enchanted Village is a step in the right direction :)