Enchanted Village

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Here is, what I assume is, the 'official' Enchanted Village logo.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Benji

These new lodges are definitely a step in the right direction in my opinion, they look nice and will cement Alton Towers as a resort. For any body who is looking for cheaper accommodation can easily book just down the road where there is a camp site, less than a 5 minute drive from towers.

I'd rather a hotel company like premier inn build a hotel out of Alton Towers' ground, possibly in a 5 mile wide radius of the resort with constant public transport links there and back, providing a choice of cheaper accommodation, with some live entertainment too
lucy2244

This type of accommodation isn't something you stay in for a weeks holiday, its normally a 1 or 2 night thing, and yes it will be expensive but it's a treat, and a treat is certainly what you will get by the looks of these!
I think this is very smart and will bring the Alton towers 'magic' to life ever after park close. It fits in with the local area and looks like its going to be very well themed (fingers crossed)
And hey, they have hot tubs, you can't beat a nice hot tub!
altontowerskid

lucy2244 wrote:And hey, they have hot tubs, you can't beat a nice hot tub!
I thought this was a fantastic idea too!

Now I hope the rooms can be booked for more than 4 adults! I've been hoping for some more accommodation that can cater for bigger groups :) I would have thought the rooms with hot tubs (if the concept is accurate) would have a bigger capacity...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The lodges will sleep 5 people, whilst the luxury treehouses are 8 berth.
Dom

I guess the next question to ask is what fairy-tales are they going to choose to theme the lodges?
stealthsmiler

I would kinda like it if they didn't chose specific fairy tales to theme the lodges, they should be original so you feel like your at AT not (fairy tale name) land. Obviously they will have to have fairies etc but just not be identifiable with a specific tale. If you get what I mean.

They could even write their own and have copies in the lodges. It could be set in the village so the guests feel like they are actually in the fairy tale. It would just have to be good, and not cheesy. Don't mention the actual theme park, pretend the village is a stand alone thing.
altontowerskid

lewis97 wrote:The lodges will sleep 5 people, whilst the luxury treehouses are 8 berth.
Thank you for this :)

I also hope that no fairy tales are used to market the accommodation. Alton Towers have two great themes for their existing hotels, they don't need a fairy tale, the Enchanted Village is perfectly suited as it's own theme IMO.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

I don't think they'll be themed to specific fairytales, just the generic magical-type theme. Otherwise they would seem too child-orientated, which appears to be the opposite to what they're going for.
Hari

I'm really hoping that the lodges are the same amount of money as a hotel room! Probably not knowing Merlin :roll:
I don't even want to start on that subject xD
altontowerskid

Hari wrote:I'm really hoping that the lodges are the same amount of money as a hotel room! Probably not knowing Merlin :roll:
I don't even want to start on that subject xD
I wouldn't expect these lodges to be the same price as hotel rooms. They have already been confirmed to hold 5-8 people, which will raise the price of a stay. It is also likely, from the concept images, that luxuries such as hot tubs could be included.

If so, I think you could make a sensible estimate of £50-100 more per night than a room in the hotels, depending on the time of year.

Even if this is the case, I think they'll be popular. I for one, cannot wait to stay there! :D
DavidRock

I do agree they do look amazing and that they may provide a change from the hotel. I always stop over in Splash landings. (damn the lift music so catchy).

also the hotel is cheaper with MAP a one night stay for 3 people cost me £119 this coming weekend. so that works out on par with other Hotel chains per person.

you may find the MAP discount may apply to the lodges once pricing has been confirmed.
Themeparksandy1981

Have they started building theses yet as I not seen any photos online yet or is it hard to get to or near the building site?
Ladyofthelake

I believe there are still a couple of planning conditions they need to meet before construction can start. These should be sorted soon though :)
Sr88

Where exactly are they being built?
Ladyofthelake

They're being built in the field to the East of the Alton Towers Hotel. I believe it at one time was home to Field of 1000 Screams
Sr88

KoasterKraver

Doesn't look like field of 1000 screams will be returning then [-(
sadie123

I actually really like the concept of these. I imagine they will be expensive and I thought initially it may be self-catering, although I've heard plans for a new restaurant for the people staying there. To bring a big group there and have everyone stay in these lodges will be good.
Aidan Lowe

The construction of the "showroom" lodge looks alright. The front kinda looks like the green hobbit hole on shire buildings.