Ride Downtime 2014

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Tom170499

We had a topic similar last year so I thought I'd start a new one for the new season.

According to Ridetimes, RMT has been closed all day and The Rapids and The Smiler have just closed now (14:30). Anyone know what's happened?
Altontowersbarlow

I can't be sure but I would expect that The Congo River Rapids has been closed so they can gain access to fix the issue that appears to be effecting The Runaway Mine Train. It is not unusual for The Smiler to suffer downtime so I suspect it is just experiencing technical issues :)
Tom170499

Altontowersbarlow wrote:I can't be sure but I would expect that The Congo River Rapids has been closed so they can gain access to fix the issue that appears to be effecting The Runaway Mine Train. It is not unusual for The Smiler to suffer downtime so I suspect it is just experiencing technical issues :)
Good point about The Rapids, and I thought it would be some sort of minor technical hitch effecting The Smiler
Burniel

Rapids and The Smiler are back up and running, Mine Train still down
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
Tom170499

Rapids have closed again... But RMT has re-opened
memgrubb

AFAIK The Smiler was closed twice yesterday.
1x vomit cleanup
1x technical

Oblivion was closed once - technical..
“Work is most fulfilling when you're at the comfortable, exciting edge of not quite knowing what you are doing.”

Twitter - @memgrubb
Tom170499

Thirteen is closed, anyone know what's happened?
Altontowersbarlow

The Smiler is also closed. I expect Th13teen and the Smiler are simply facing technical issues however the reliability this season has been rather poor. Despite this I am sure that it will be improved as the season progresses :)
Tom170499

Altontowersbarlow wrote:The Smiler is also closed. I expect Th13teen and the Smiler are simply facing technical issues however the reliability this season has been rather poor. Despite this I am sure that it will be improved as the season progresses :)
I'm really hoping it doesn't, but the reliability this season is beginning to mirror last year :(
Danny

Been to AT today and The Smiler was down 3 times, two for technical faults which luckily I avoided.
Got to the front row with our restraints down etc; and the guy behind us was asked to get off the ride for being to tall, he refused, went mad at the ride ops, after a five minute argument eventually left and the ride could continue :)
stu1980

Hi folks. Skyride down today for about 40mins with people on anyone know anymore. Only know cos was in que at towers street and they shut que. So stood by MB to watch.
Altontowersbarlow

Th13teen seems to be facing issues again today as it is yet to open. It opened later than usual yesterday and it also closed in different periods throughout the day according to ridetimes.co.uk :)
tallicay2k

Reading your posts I'm disappointed at how many rides/times are breaking down, especially after closed season. Smiler seems to be at it again but we have rides that on here now that are very very rarely listed.
SEEK...AND...DESTROY
Owen

Rita down
Tom170499

Anyone know why?
Owen

Tom170499 wrote:Anyone know why?
Don't know, it back up now
fizzo

What's happening with the Smiler. I noticed that it's closed today! Seems to be closed loads these days.
Jevaaaans

According to http://ridetimes.co.uk/ both Oblivion and The Smiler are closed at the moment. It's possibly they may be opening at 11am though, so I'll check back then
stealthsmiler

I was told when entering the park that the whole of x sector was shut and they arent sure that it will open. But saw smiler was being tested so fingers crossed
lf2001

It's open now according to ride times. Might have just been a technical problem again. Oblivion is also open too.