Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Burniel

NemesisRider wrote:Does anyone else expect a new flat in 2015 along with the village?
I certainly am hoping for one!
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

Possibly a Ripsaw replacement?
Michelle

If you want to discuss future developments please pop into the 'future' forum guys, this is just for current season discussion, thanks.
Sentri558

Dan.N wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote: Air does technically go "upside down" 3 times :)
Actually twice :P
Burniel

Sentri558 wrote:
Dan.N wrote:
Ilovecoasters wrote: Air does technically go "upside down" 3 times :)
Actually twice :P
I didn't write that ...

Air has 2 track inversions.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
nemefan08

Something should go in the nick out of control building. It's a waste of space.
Ryan.B

is it big enough for a dark ride. Maybe one with multiple layers could go in there to replace Duel if they get rid of it, most likely they will leave it or demolish it. The area might even be big enough for a flat ride to replace The blade or even a compact family coaster.
Doddy

When I last visited in may I found that quite a few of the things in the haunted hollow didnt work so I figure that something is going to happen to it and the gloomy wood and they dont want to spend the money on it. Ether that or they are applying there focus elsewhere such as the smiler and cbeebies land. But I find the fact that ot wasn't all running a bit of a disappointment a bit of slap back to reality.
Jason_101

I met John Wardley saturday guyyss he was fiming for a show near x-sector i even got an autograph over nemesis on my AT map as i didnt have a camera :(
Ryan.B

Any chance of uploading your map Jason?
JammyBand

I also have met John before. It was at a Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain meetup. I got a photo and an autograph which was awesome. :D
TheBeast

Duel isnt going anywhere. They are planning a new entrance in between Gloomy Wood and Forbidden Valley
Credit to NemesisRider for an amazing signature!
Altonboy001

Jason_101 wrote:I met John Wardley saturday guyyss he was fiming for a show near x-sector i even got an autograph over nemesis on my AT map as i didnt have a camera :(
Im gutted as I was near there all day that day and never saw him
Starlight expresser

Hey guys, just wondered I'm going to alton towers for scarefest in October and am staying 3 nights in the alton towers hotel. I'm going with my partner so have paid for 2 people, is there a problem if 2 others join our room without actually booking them into my package? Only reason I say this is because it works out cheaper the more people you have to occupy the room so I have technically paid the same amount. I do realise breakfast causes an issue. If that's a problem is there any issue with friends coming into the park with us and see the evening hotel show then they leave after for a local b&b?

Hope this makes sense lol
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Yes, that could be classed as fraud. Even if you add the two other guests onto your booking it should still work out cheaper per person than splitting the cost between two of you (admittedly not as cheap as booking the room for 2 and splitting between 4). Although you are subject to a £25 admin fee, so I'm not sure if that negates that.

If they instead choose to stay off-site, then they're still able to come back to the hotel in the evening, after spending the day at the park.
Dan

Alton Towers have just posted on Twitter that they've extended today's ride close until 7pm.
Lotty

by Starlight expresser » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

Hey guys, just wondered I'm going to alton towers for scarefest in October and am staying 3 nights in the alton towers hotel. I'm going with my partner so have paid for 2 people, is there a problem if 2 others join our room without actually booking them into my package? Only reason I say this is because it works out cheaper the more people you have to occupy the room so I have technically paid the same amount. I do realise breakfast causes an issue. If that's a problem is there any issue with friends coming into the park with us and see the evening hotel show then they leave after for a local b&b?
As far as im aware you'd prob only pay extra for the 2 extra breakfasts as you've already paid for the room. but the one reason you shouldn't do it without letting them know is mainly insurance reasons for the hotel, if something happens you'll have no leg to stand on or incase of a fire they won't know they are there. and if you give them plenty of notice i wouldn't of thought they'd charge to more just to change it.
awsomelycoolboy

Lotty wrote:
by Starlight expresser » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:26 pm

As far as im aware you'd prob only pay extra for the 2 extra breakfasts as you've already paid for the room. but the one reason you shouldn't do it without letting them know is mainly insurance reasons for the hotel, if something happens you'll have no leg to stand on or incase of a fire they won't know they are there. and if you give them plenty of notice i wouldn't of thought they'd charge to more just to change it.
Jeez. Health and safety these days. The chances of the hotel burning down to the ground and your friends not being able to escape are increadibly thin (basicly 0) but then you could argue. There is always the probability of everything.
Balb0wa

Makes you wonder how many folk do this, no wonder you cant find anywhere to sit in the hotels at night.

But then again, if they are spending money in the bars, why would Alton Towers mind.
awsomelycoolboy

I know right. Of my mum wants a seat at night (especially scarefest) I have to go reserved the seat 2 hours before the event starts that night. Meaning I get back from the park, do a quick change and go sit in a seat with my iPad, then wait whilst my mum has a shower, does her makeup and whatever else girls do.