Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisRider

Who knows, I'm sure a lot of people dislike them though...

Did Nemesis have any trees nearby when it opened? I'm struggling to find any decent records...
Jason_101

NemesisRider wrote:Who knows, I'm sure a lot of people dislike them though...

Did Nemesis have any trees nearby when it opened? I'm struggling to find any decent records...
Im sure i seen a planning blueprint which ha trees around the first lifthill after dispatch but i think it adds to the scenery :)
Altonboy001

has anybody seen that weird building on the grass between the towers and x sector, it says they are preparing for an event and it does look kinda witchy so maybe something do with scarefestt but also looks like enchanted village, maybe something like a little short break cottage that is on site like thorpe shark hotel. it also says now magazine and something f.m so could we be looking at an alton towers radio and magazine?????? and what has been going on with the rapids recently, parts were completely drained and was out of operation for nearly a week???????????? #-o #-o #-o #-o
Dan

blunj001 wrote:has anybody seen that weird building on the grass between the towers and x sector, it says they are preparing for an event and it does look kinda witchy so maybe something do with scarefestt but also looks like enchanted village, maybe something like a little short break cottage that is on site like thorpe shark hotel. it also says now magazine and something f.m so could we be looking at an alton towers radio and magazine?????? and what has been going on with the rapids recently, parts were completely drained and was out of operation for nearly a week???????????? #-o #-o #-o #-o
That is a show cottage to promote the Enchanted Village that will be opening in March next year.

The Rapids were closed for a few days while repairs were made to the roof of the station but have been back in operation since the beginning of the weekend.
Altonboy001

Can you go in the cottage and what do the magazine and radio station labels mean
Dan

blunj001 wrote:Can you go in the cottage and what do the magazine and radio station labels mean
You can't go in yet as they haven't finished constructing it, I imagine you will be able to look around when it is finished though.

I'm not sure what the labels mean as I haven't seen them, maybe someone else can shed some light?
Aidan Lowe

Not sure what the labels mean but I had a quick look yesterday and these look very tiny. I'm guessing the tree houses will be more luxurious and spacious.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
NemesisRider

I must admit, interesting place to put a trial cottage, I would have thought they would have put it somewhere else...
Aidan Lowe

As for the ERT with only X-Sector / Cbeebies Land. I spent most of my day in x-sector yesterday.

Park was busy but never saw The Smiler go above 100 mins queue which on a Saturday in this weather is pretty good, saw it at 175 on a Thursday, during ERT wait was 15 mins so people could get 2-3 goes by 10am. So it does look like people from ERT go shift over to other parts of the park by 10am rather than everyone just rushing to join the queue.
Chaz

NemesisRider wrote:I must admit, interesting place to put a trial cottage, I would have thought they would have put it somewhere else...
Not at all, perfect place for them. It's a challenge to market something they are constructing out of the publics reach- so these show 'homes' will means the public see them. And their location means almost 100% of the footfall will see these.

It's great marketing and they should receive a few reservations for next year. Let's just hope they open on time in 2015.
1ne, 2wo, 3hree, 4our, 5ive, 6ix, se7en, ei8ht, 9ine, t10n, e11even, tw12ve, th13teen

www.facebook.com/charliemarsh7
Altonboy001

Mabalzich wrote:Not sure what the labels mean but I had a quick look yesterday and these look very tiny. I'm guessing the tree houses will be more luxurious and spacious.
yeah. but how weird, maybe this is a sponsor for the village or the banner around is from a previous event and not rellated wih the cottage whatsoever!?!?!?!!??!
NemesisRider

It's a mystery...

Whoever next visits AT, please get some info on it!
Aidan Lowe

From this video you can see its Capitol FM / Now (magazine?) don't think it means anything tbh.

Altonboy001

NemesisRider wrote:It's a mystery...

Whoever next visits AT, please get some info on it!
theme park ww says that its a show home that will eventually be turned into an actual onsite cottage
NemesisRider

Really? The occupants will be lucky to be in the theme park, but won't the crowds rushing to X sector be a bad alarm clock! :lol
Altonboy001

NemesisRider wrote:Really? The occupants will be lucky to be in the theme park, but won't the crowds rushing to X sector be a bad alarm clock! :lol
ikr, but i suppose it would be like thorpe shark on a tinier scale, the occupants would get ert anyway wouldnt they so theyd probs be up, they may even let them go round on the test runs as somebody i know , her grandparents used to own a caravan on the site (in the 80's) and they used to let her keep goin round on the corkie without getting off during testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan

blunj001 wrote:
NemesisRider wrote:Really? The occupants will be lucky to be in the theme park, but won't the crowds rushing to X sector be a bad alarm clock! :lol
ikr, but i suppose it would be like thorpe shark on a tinier scale, the occupants would get ert anyway wouldnt they so theyd probs be up, they may even let them go round on the test runs as somebody i know , her grandparents used to own a caravan on the site (in the 80's) and they used to let her keep goin round on the corkie without getting off during testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry guys but you do realise that the cottage won't stay there permanently? It will be there as an example of what to expect then it will get moved to its permanent location within the Enchanted Village
Altonboy001

Dan.N wrote:
blunj001 wrote:
I know right, but i suppose it would be like thorpe shark on a tinier scale, the occupants would get ert anyway wouldnt they so theyd probs be up, they may even let them go round on the test runs as somebody i know , her grandparents used to own a caravan on the site (in the 80's) and they used to let her keep goin round on the corkie without getting off during testing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry guys but you do realise that the cottage won't stay there permanently? It will be there as an example of what to expect then it will get moved to its permanent location within the Enchanted Village
aha, thanks, should be good though.
NemesisRider

Does anyone else expect a new flat in 2015 along with the village?
Altonboy001

NemesisRider wrote:Does anyone else expect a new flat in 2015 along with the village?
there is a part in the future of alton towers forum that is speculating about a zamperla flat by sonic.