Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
NemesisRider

Oh. I just assumed it would be in general discussion...
lewis97
Admin
Admin

nemesisrider wrote:Oh. I just assumed it would be in general discussion...
As you can imagine, it's a very popular question so there's a dedicated topic for it. If you have any further queries then you're more than welcome to PM me, rather than raise them in this topic.
jon18uk

awsomelycoolboy wrote:Basicly... You can be 4 yrs old, but along as you are 1.40 you could ride Nemesis... Wow, what a big baby
Although no-one under 12 is admitted to the park without an adult over 18 with them (its in the T&C of entry) so anyone under 12 using single rider would need an adult to wait at the exit for them I think. Realistically most children that are 1.4m tall will be around age 12 anyway.

But basically anyone over 12 can be anywhere in the park on their own and ride anything they are tall enough via any queue.
NemesisRider

OK, though, it must get a bit lonely in a one and a half hour queue... If you are by yourself I mean.
Altonboy001

nemesisrider wrote:I don't have to worry too much about value for money, because of my annual pass. I usually tend to do The Smiler, Blivvy, Air, Nemmy, Rita and a few other rides to fill the time.

I can't really use single rider because I expect under 18s aren't allowed on rides on there own.
I'm 13 and only gone on the smiler about 2 times in main queue, I usually use the srq. I mean what could happen and go wrong that couldn't with someone else.
Dan

nemesisrider wrote:OK, though, it must get a bit lonely in a one and a half hour queue... If you are by yourself I mean.
Not really, I'm alone for the majority of my visits and use the SRQ a lot. Most I've ever waited is 80 mins for Oblivion (main queue was 90) and this was down to poor batching by the ride hosts. Most I've queued in Smiler's SRQ is 45 mins. I never get lonely, I probably enjoy my own company too much :lol
NemesisRider

Not everyone enjoys their own company too much...
You talk to me, so you must be desparate!

All jokes aside, I have had problems with SRQ people as they occasionally push ahead so they are on the same ride with a friend who is possibly on a different row.
Dan

It's a busy day on park today!

All thrill rides at least 50 minutes (except N:ST which is at 10) with The Smiler currently at 135 minutes.

CBeebies Land is also fairly busy too with ITNGMBR & GSGTTA at 50 minutes.
sully1311

Dan.N wrote:It's a busy day on park today!

All thrill rides at least 50 minutes (except N:ST which is at 10) with The Smiler currently at 135 minutes.

CBeebies Land is also fairly busy too with ITNGMBR & GSGTTA at 50 minutes.
Is there still school trips? TP have a ticker on their website saying today will be busy so I'm guessing thats the reason.
Burniel

I think it's mostly summer holidays rush, being hot and the start of most children's holidays.
Burniel | Great at theme park knowledge, not so great at designing signatures.
NemesisRider

Am I the only one who likes Oblivion on hot days? The mist from the tunnel is really nice and cooling.
DeanGaryCox

Since i've got an annual pass now which gives me ERT it's messed up my plan of getting round the park without the need for fast track... starting off at sonic spinball, then onto dark forest, accross the valley to forbidden valley, then work through gloomy wood, katanga canyon, mutiny bay, then hex and cloud cuckoo land, and then round to x-sector.

just wondered what other peoples plans are/were when they go to the park, as i find i can get dark forest and forbidden valley done in the first hour usually! and also not sure now what to do with the ERT, as it's a pain sonic spinball or nothing from dark forest is on there :(
NemesisRider

Probably the only rides worth riding in your ERT are Nemmy, Blivvy, and possibly The Blade IMO. :W
Alex

Its a good job Air isnt on ERT.... we wouldn't want another mishap! ;)
Limabeancross

I went yesterday (Tues). As someone said above, it was very busy! Didn't even contemplate the smiler as we didn't get there early enough and I hate queuing too much.

Getting back to the topic though, the river rapids was closed for essential maintenance. I looked on the website today and it's still closed. Anyone know what maintenance they're doing? It was disappointing as I took my girlfriend who hasn't been since she was young, and being a hot day we wanted to go on something wet! And for most of the day the queue for the flume was 60mins plus. Presumably because the rapids were closed. Can't they do this maintenance at the start of the season or before the middle of summer???
NemesisRider

Limabeancross wrote:I went yesterday (Tues). As someone said above, it was very busy! Didn't even contemplate the smiler as we didn't get there early enough and I hate queuing too much.

Getting back to the topic though, the river rapids was closed for essential maintenance. I looked on the website today and it's still closed. Anyone know what maintenance they're doing? It was disappointing as I took my girlfriend who hasn't been since she was young, and being a hot day we wanted to go on something wet! And for most of the day the queue for the flume was 60mins plus. Presumably because the rapids were closed. Can't they do this maintenance at the start of the season or before the middle of summer???
Limabeancross, I'm sure if you speak to customer service they can sort something out. If you tell them you came with the intention of riding the river rapids they will help. It could be anything from fastracks to 2 more tickets.

However, I am lucky enough to have had good dealings with customer service many people have not. So, do not take my word as the only source of information.

As for the maintenance question, it was probably necessary to keep the ride running properly.
RCandrew

I just saw on Twitter that for a week only AT are testing a new ERT which is all of CBeebies land and X-Sector, why is this and what do you think about it?
Aidan Lowe

Smiler is currently on that ERT list :o http://www.altontowers.com/useful-info/early-ride-time/

Kinda sad seeing there is no FV open for ERT during that week, that means everyone will be piling into x-sector :dizzy:
RCandrew

Yeah like I said it's just CBeebies land and X-sector so that side of the park will be packed within that hour :-s
Dom

Two new VIP packages will be launched in the next couple days according to AT facebook.