Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Ismail

The Towers app has had changes. They are quite nice too. I prefer it to the older version, it has a better look and feel to it.

I suppose this shows how much I am missing Towers and it has only been four days! :lol :cry:
Swarm Chris

ridetimes.co.uk has been updated, possibly to list the attractions open for the Christmas events.

The listings suggest Spinball will be the only major coaster open, with CBeebies land, Mutiny Bay (minus Wicker Man) and Duel being listed.

Justin

I do find it strange how they have included Duel in the line up. It is out on a limb!
Rob
Admin
Admin

Justin wrote:I do find it strange how they have included Duel in the line up. It is out on a limb!
Also means little or no major TLC will take place on the attraction during the closed season.
Wagstaff04

They could do work on it after the Christmas event, in January and February. 
Dan

Rob wrote: Also means little or no major TLC will take place on the attraction during the closed season.
Duel had TLC over the last closed season, which consisted mainly of someone wandering around with a UV paint gun :lol
Justin

This year's survey is now online.

http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/Alton-To ... sort-2018/

Please take the time to fill it in. It is one way of letting Alton know your thoughts. This year, the focus is very much on the rides, especially Galactica.

At the end, don't forget to leave your comments about how you would like the resort to improve. From single rider queues, baggage, general ride appearance... anything goes!
Nickolai

I wish you could write more than thirty words for the last section. I hope they take on board everything everyone has said!
Formally Smiler313
ROYJESS

I've filled it in, 

In the last comment box, I had to cut down my 30+ words down to this

Shorter queuing times. Bring back Single rider queues, 1 hour Early ride time, Rapid waterfalls, longer opening times, scare zones. Abolish Staggered opening times. No more budget cuts. Affordable hotel stays
Piplup2003

I, for whatever reason, could only write 15 so I put

Improve the lighting on Duel and new padding on Nemesis harnesses (like The Smiler).
Those were my pet peeves last time I went, I got a headache on my last Nemmy ride from smacking my head on the harness

Did anyone else notice that Spinball Whizzer was listed as Sonic Spinball?
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
Sozzy40

Piplup2003 wrote:Did anyone else notice that Spinball Whizzer was listed as Sonic Spinball?
No, it seemed to be Spinball to me. I put:

Single fastrack tickets, maybe abolishment of the system. More parkwide transport. Not me personally, but I know some people really want single rider back. I think that's all.
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Sozzy40

Sorry for the double post ( but it has been some weeks since my last)

Interesting news story: https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/news/local-news/boy-6-who-saw-little-2315561.amp
Probably worth a read.
I can see why the beornen worship Wicker Man
Justin

A worthy winner. It is a shame they could only include 9 holes of golf though!!

I feel for him and his family and it is horrid that be had to go through that. Hopefully it offers a little light relief for them all!
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Looking at hotel availability, opening times of the Waterpark and Extraordinary Golf, and the availability of restaurant reservations, it seems the entire Resort will close between 7th and 24th January 2019.

Although this is usually the sort of period that the Waterpark closes for its annual maintenance, I can't recall the entire Resort also shutting down during this time in previous years, unless this is something I've just missed?
Ladyofthelake

It's been a huge year for Alton Towers Resort. From the opening of Wicker Man, to the announcement of the Alton Towers Stargazing Pods and the Alton Towers Dungeons, to Scarefest and Fireworks, there's certainly been plenty to keep us all talking! With 2018 drawing to a close, TowersTimes News takes a look back at all the key moments from 2018. So, grab a cup of tea (or other beverage of choice), sit back, and enjoy our 2018 Year in Review.
Dom

Such a great read. You don’t really realise how much happens in a year until you look back at it. Let’s hope the park continues this positive journey it’s been on this year!
Swarm Chris

It was certainly a longer read than I was expecting! :)

They had a handful of events, plus a very successful new ride launch. If I'm correct in thinking, after they resolved the teething problems on Wicker Man in May/June-ish, it ran solidly thereafter? That's actually very impressive from a new ride that was technically ready to go on day 1 of the season, and got up to peak capacity pretty quickly. I didn't hear many complaints over waiting times after those first couple of months.
DerpyQuark

This is a really good read, full of nostalgia and memories of the 2018 season- my first full season as a full-fledged theme park enthusiast!
Sawboss

Sad AT aren't running the 3 days short break offer this year. Last year was brilliant at Scarefest taking a big group of friends up there for 3 days, especially when the parks is that busy it gives you plenty of time to do everything and make the most of it.
AltonOperator

Alton Towers has revealed their marketing campaign for 2019:Image
From the Blog:
The Power of the Towers campaign is our response to this need for family escapism.  It’s all about reminding people why they love Alton Towers precisely because:
  • It helps you escape your day to day lives
  • And brings you together with the people you love
  • Because nowhere else makes you feel the way a visit to Alton does
  • So you leave with amazing memories and can’t wait to return

This video explains:
Thanks Jack