Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Swarm Chris

Operations seemed pretty good on largely everything other than Oblivion. Wicker Man on two trains was nearly as good as three last year, so hopefully they'll have the third train running in the peak summer to help eat the queues. Even Th13teen was somehow operating far more efficiently, even though bags are still stored in the station.

The other slight difference to last year may be the staggered school holidays with a late Easter. I heard one family yesterday saying they were going back to school today, which certainly isn't the case for all schools.
Justin

I'd very much doubt that a school would be going back today. Schools either broke up on Friday 5th or a week later. Some schools around Alton broke up on the Thursday just gone.

Operations on the whole were good. Th13teen was in particular, along with Galactica which was pushing them through! Oblivion was the disappointment this weekend, but not enough to spoil the weekend!
Swarm Chris

Justin wrote:I'd very much doubt that a school would be going back today. Schools either broke up on Friday 5th or a week later. Some schools around Alton broke up on the Thursday just gone.
It seemed odd timing to go back before Easter. Perhaps private school, or just the parents simply lying to their kid as they had a surprise planned for today? :lol

And yep, Oblivion's operations are the worst in the park, but not currently terrible. For me it's mostly disappointing knowing the only reason it is running slower, is because they won't hire two more staff to operate the second station.
Tom170499

Here in Leeds, the Easter holidays finished today and kids were back. They’re having a long weekend over Easter instead.
vikkimoo

Same in Sheffield - kids have had the last two weeks off and are back today. I think they're trying to standardise when the Easter holiday is so it's not necessarily at Easter itself?
Justin

That is a first! I've never heard of that before, but it might have something to do with the length of the Summer Term.

Hopefully, it benefits guests visiting as numbers are more spread out.
MakoMania

Anybody know what's going on with Enterprise? It's nearly May and it still hasn't opened, it usually takes a week or two to assemble this model of ride.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
DerpyQuark

From what I heard, they are doing “extended maintenance” on Enterprise, and is set to reopen in June.
Tom170499

Wayne Burton confirmed on Facebook that it’s awaiting a part from HUSS and the park themselves confirmed that they hope to have it sorted and reopened by June.
ROYJESS

I was on park yesterday and notice that our named bricks at the entrance looks better.  I don't know if they just gave them a clean or they have added gold and purple colour paint to the engraving, they are very much more readable compared to the start of the season   :)
Justin

I believe they were given another clean. Not sure how, but hopefully not by the same pressure washer used before the season.
DeadJack5

Alton Towers have recently installed touch screen digital photo units for most of their rides. You can use these with your Digipass but there is an option for those without a pass. The other 2 rides that I'm aware of where these are available are The Smiler and Oblivion. You simply scan your Digipass when selecting the Digipass option, enter your on ride photo number and it should been load it onto the card.

Unfortunately, most of the touch screens were not working except for The Smiler's yesterday. What do you make of these touch screen units?

MakoMania

Can you use annual pass discount on them?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
DeadJack5

MakoMania wrote:Can you use annual pass discount on them?
As most of the machines weren't working, I was not able to see what other options they have. At the moment, I know you can use your digipass with them. I'm not sure about one off download pictures but I presume not as you'll have to make a payment which a staff member would have to help with. 
Dav Dav

Does anyone know when Enterprise will be operational?
WickerBoy

Alton Towers were saying it would be back for mid-June, and it seems like it should be running again by then
Dan

Alton Towers have extended ride close by 30 minutes today to 4:30pm. They also extended by 30 minutes on Friday, which was originally a 5pm close.

Now we are creeping towards school trip season, I imagine we’ll see a lot of on-the-day extensions. I’d much rather the scheduled opening times were longer to begin with, but at least the Resort are recognising when extensions need to be implemented, even if they aren’t as long as many of us would like them to be.
Dan

Alton Towers have updated their website to reflect an increase in the price of Express Parking to £18.

Swarm Chris

Well, that's a bit expensive.
Aidan Lowe

It looks like I booked my annual visit just in time as I pre-booked Thursday at the now old price of £16!
Formerly known under username Andy Mc