Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Nickolai

Does anyone know how The Smiler has been running?
Formally Smiler313
Whoguru5

Anyone know how busy Wicker Man has been when it was open? Going Saturday and Sunday I'm excepting 3 hours plus like The Smiler but I'm optimistic about the weekend.  

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
DeadJack5

Think it reached 2 hours advertisited yesterday but was less when actually queueing, bearing in mind this was a soft opening mid week. A weekend will be much busier than this, I would say between 2-3 hours but again this is speculation
Justin

I suppose it will take a few weeks to truly gage queue lengths.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Some photos of the new entertainment in Forbidden Valley, Wasteland Stomp, have been posted on TowersTimes Facebook.

Robert.W

Erm, okay... so what... hmm.. :lol

While it's nice to see some new entertainment on park, this seems a bit... unusual. What exactly is Wasteland Stomp? 

TheBeornen

It's good to see some new entertainment added to Forbidden Valley, hopefully this is the beginning of some investment in that area. *cough Nemesis:ST reopening cough*
Reassess your modern lives and ignite your senses.

The Wicker Man comes for us all.

Be Chosen...
Mew

I saw two TT members taking those photos while I was at the park yesterday. I went up to one of the actors after they had finished and asked what it was about and they said that it was a new show in a post-apocalypse setting. Apparently there's two gangs, with the actor who told me about it saying that their gang started off as the bad gang, but later became good. It also seems to involve dancing as you can see from some of the pictures. They said it starts next week so I'm quite excited to see it when I next go to Alton Towers. It looks quite interesting. I hope that makes some more sense.
Dan

Alton Towers have confirmed in a tweet this afternoon that the Single Rider Queue on Spinball Whizzer has been removed, which means there are now no attractions at the park which operate the Single Rider Queue system.
@altontowers can you confirm whether the Single Rider Queue has been removed on Spinball?

@altontowers replied: Yes, it has
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Resort have updated the opening times on their website to change ride close from 5pm to 6pm on both Saturday and Sunday for the coming Easter weekend.
streetmagix

Still no opening or closing times from the 16th April onwards. Not the biggest issue in the world but still odd.
Macca79

So have just been told by the booking team that Flambos is now only pizza and Pasta buffett. But to make it worse she said the price hasnt changed. £22 for a pizza pasta buffett is a bit high of you ask me.
altontowerskid

Macca79 wrote:So have just been told by the booking team that Flambos is now only pizza and Pasta buffett. But to make it worse she said the price hasnt changed. £22 for a pizza pasta buffett is a bit high of you ask me.
I saw this on the website but thought it must be some mistake, obviously not. Although the quality was never that great, the selection of food at Flambo’s is what sold it to many people. A move to pizza and pasta buffet is the worst news to come out of Splash Landings for a long while  :(
Justin

TowersTimes and SouthParks have made their mark on the park. The brick has now been laid, with others being added close to the Corkscrew.

Justin

Yesterday, I took the time to watch the brand new Forbidden Valley show, Wasteland Bash, on the old Ripsaw site.

The show is only on for the Easter holidays, but I must say that it is a welcomed addition to the area. It has been well put together, and to be honest, it is great to see entertainment back on the park. The music was good and certainly added to the atmosphere, with the show mixing up some various dance styles. There were lots of people watching, along with lots of families. The cast took time to pose for photos, talking to the public with many smiles all round. I really hope other shows are put together throughout the year as this certainly added to the overall package. I'd really welcome more!

[youtube]wPBrGKZiG_A[/youtube]
Joel Allen

Justin wrote:Yesterday, I took the time to watch the brand new Forbidden Valley show, Wasteland Bash, on the old Ripsaw site.

The show is only on for the Easter holidays, but I must say that it is a welcomed addition to the area. It has been well put together, and to be honest, it is great to see entertainment back on the park. The music was good and certainly added to the atmosphere, with the show mixing up some various dance styles. There were lots of people watching, along with lots of families. The cast took time to pose for photos, talking to the public with many smiles all round. I really hope other shows are put together throughout the year as this certainly added to the overall package.

I’ll be there next week and I will be sure to check it out.

I wonder what will happen to the site after the Easter holidays? I wonder... :-k
JC13

There has been a fire at Towers, and the park won’t be open today.

Edit: Turns out it was April Fools.
The Nemesis Fox

Regarding opening times, wouldn’t a proposal like this be a good idea?

Oblivion, Spinball, selected CBeebies - ERT
Smiler, Enterprise, Oblivion, Spinball, CBeebies, Heave Ho, Marauders Mayhem, Wickerman, RMT - 10:00
Duel, Nemesis - 10:15
Galactica, The Blade, Skyride - 10:30
Th13teen, Rita - 10:45
CCL, Hex, CRR, Battle Galleons - 11:00

Or open at 9:00 and bring everything back by 30 mins. TBH I believe ERT should start at 9:00 including online tickets for the above in order to get people in the park earlier. If the proposed was brought early by 30 mins then I believe everyone would be quite pleased as it takes 15 mins to walk normally from entrance to Nemmy.
Justin

On Wednesday and Thursday, they opened the gates at 9.25ish, therefore, allowing you time to get from the entrance to Wicker Man and CBeebies. Obviously, the turnstiles and security add to the delay and it only really benefits those at the front of the queue.
MakoMania

The cuts to the technical services department are really showing this season.
What a sad state of affairs that this is becoming normal :(

Monorail is currently unavailable as well.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]