Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Whoguru5

Both Gold and Platinum fastracks list wickerman as part of the package do you think that means wickerman will have fastrack from the get go?

Thanks to lewis97 For the signature.
Dan

Whoguru5 wrote:Both Gold and Platinum fastracks list wickerman as part of the package do you think that means wickerman will have fastrack from the get go?
It’s included in those packages, and VIP Annual Passholders are also able to Fastrack it. It won’t be included in any other packages or be available as a one shot until at least a few months into the season.
Capt.Barnacles

I've heard the same thing about Nemesis running one train for the entire season. Based on the reason I've been told, it's not due to budget cuts so much as maintenance issues.
MakoMania

How can something take a whole season to fix? You can manufacture a full brand new train in much less time than that.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Robert.W

I mean, I've seen slightly differently, that Nemesis will run only one train at the beginning of the season due to maintenance with the other train, but then will return to two train operation when the maintenance work is done..

And like what MakoMania says, it really shouldn't take that long. I'm more than optimistic that we'll see full capacity operation of the ride at least most of the season. :)

EDIT:
AstroDan (TowersStreet Talk) wrote:
Nemesis will be on 1 train this weekend due to the fact 1 has required a major load of work from B&M with replacements to significant parts of the train.

But it will be on 2 soon.
So, I don't think we have anything to worry about! :)

krug

Emma8037

Omg this is disappointing can’t go any other day weather not going be that bad never is! When then Snow
ROYJESS

Apparently they are closing the park at 3pm due to the weather over the weekend
Jcoaster

Emma8037 wrote:Omg this is disappointing can’t go any other day weather not going be that bad never is! When then Snow
I agree with this news, safety is the top priority of Alton Towers and operating rollercoasters in the conditions forecast may breach their health and safety criteria.
Emma8037

Fully understand safety issues. But been on phone and been told if they post on social media there closed then they will stay shut even if weather is fine? Also when will the updates continue because we were planning leave at 7 from stoke? Also what about Sunday?
lewis97
Admin
Admin

The Resort have now provided an update in relation to tomorrow:
An update on Monday opening: The hotels, Waterpark and Rollercoaster Restaurant are open as usual.  We will be opening our theme park tomorrow as planned, from 10am until 4pm, with a revised Early Ride Time offering  from 9.30am in CBeebies Land, Cloud Cuckoo Land  and Hex. We’ll then aim to open the majority of the rest of our attractions as soon as we can.

After the cold weekend, it may take some of our bigger rides a little longer than normal to get up and running.  We will do everything we can to open our coasters to guests as soon as it’s safe to do so, so please bear with us.  

Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that Wicker Man will be open tomorrow but we’ll keep you updated on when you’ll be able to experience our new thrill ride.

Thanks to everyone who’s braved the cold to visit us this weekend.  And do keep an eye on our social media channels for any further updates.
Reportedly reception staff have been telling hotel guests that all attractions will open apart from Wicker Man, TH13TEEN, and the Monorail.
Robert.W

I mean, that line up makes sense, though, if it's that cold I imagine that they'd get away with shutting the rapids as well. 

MakoMania

Ridetimes has been updated this morning to show the disgraceful ride opening times for the 2018 season:

9:30am:

Wicker Man
Spinball Whizzer
In the Night Garden
Postman Pat
Go Jetters Vroomster Zoom Ride
Justin's House
Numtums

10:00am:

The Smiler
Oblivion
Enterprise
Marauder's Mayhem
Heave Ho!
Mr Bloom's Allotment
Furchester Hotel
Octonauts
Charlie & Lola
Get Set Go

11:00am:

Rita
Th13teen
Hex
Gallopers Carousel
Frog Hopper
Driving School
Runaway Minetrain
Congo River Rapids
Duel
Nemesis
Galactica
The Blade
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

We already knew this would be the case when the park amended their original operating schedule.

Is it ideal? No, but it could have been a whole lot worse. Keep in mind that Forbidden Valley was initially scheduled to open at 12 o’clock.
krug

Just looked on ride times and Congo River Rapids isn't there.  They did say it would be running all this year didn't they?
ROYJESS

krug wrote:Just looked on ride times and Congo River Rapids isn't there.  They did say it would be running all this year didn't they?
They did, but from what I have heard, they forgot to tell the maintenance men this so they haven't finished the winter checks so won't be open until the end of May.
Looking at the way the ride open very late today, looks like Alton are doing what they initially said that they were going to do with the 12pm ride opening
demz_4

Any word on how many trains nemesis was running so far this week?
Dan

demz_4 wrote:Any word on how many trains nemesis was running so far this week?
It was on one train when it opened on Monday, I’m not sure about Tuesday but I imagine it would have been the same.
demz_4

Thanks Dan, Hope to see it on 2 train sooner rather than later. I'm heading up both saturday and sunday this weekend. looking forward to getting back on the beast
MIR

Nemesis was only running the one train yesterday morning, can't imagine they ran the second train later into the afternoon given the park was so quiet. :)