Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Hmv

AndreJD wrote: This has maybe been mentioned before, but how long has there been a pheasant hanging around underneath the Thirteen holding track? Just after exiting the reverse helix when you come to a halt, if you're sitting in the last row turn around and look in the ditch below the track. I only saw the one, but my friend said earlier he had seen little ones in there too. Just wondering if they're a permanent fixture of if they just hung around in there for a day unnoticed by staff.
I still find it great how much wildlife is at AT, if the pheasant is there not bothered by the notice fair enough. If it is causing no bother to the rides safety or operation it won't get disturbed especially if it has young :)
bensaund

I like the way there are ducks all over the Flume area, Mutany bay and even in the Dark Forest Mr and Mrs Duck like to waddle down on a busy day. I had a sit down in Mutany bay one day and after 10 minutes, realised MR Duck was sleeping int he flower bed behind me minding his own business.
If you go down to the woods today
AndreJD

bensaund wrote: I like the way there are ducks all over the Flume area, Mutany bay and even in the Dark Forest Mr and Mrs Duck like to waddle down on a busy day. I had a sit down in Mutany bay one day and after 10 minutes, realised MR Duck was sleeping int he flower bed behind me minding his own business.
There are a few ducklings that have been toddling round the Towers side of the lake. They're very cute.
Catherinemay55

It's sad that things are being neglected and that some of the rides are breaking down. I think that they need to stop building new rides and just work on the ones they have already got, making them better.  :)
Lotty

I love the ducks at alton, but they are very greedy, there i was minding my own business eating a doughnut and "snap" straight out of my hand!, i almost felt like asking him if he's like some chocolate sauce with it?  :lol: never mind i'll have to keep guard better next time!

Created By Lewis97 :)

Was Thrillbaby now Lotty :)
RCandrew

I've noticed nemesis sub terra is always at the bottom of queue times, like just now it is the only ride with a 'green' wait time, is this because people don't like it or because its that scary for a lot of visitors? I went on it and it was the scariest ride I have been on (mainly the actors) but I would again!
RCandrew

Okay, so this is weird.. But I saw a video on instagram of oblivion and happened to notice something and I'm sure it's not just me!
This picture;
http://s13.postimg.org/gqf0oywkn/image.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks oblivion looks squint?
If you look at the front of the train compared to the horizontal supports on the track, it's so obviously not straight?? How is this?! :lol:  :|
JD1991

RCandrew wrote: I've noticed nemesis sub terra is always at the bottom of queue times, like just now it is the only ride with a 'green' wait time, is this because people don't like it or because its that scary for a lot of visitors? I went on it and it was the scariest ride I have been on (mainly the actors) but I would again!
I would imagine its the amount of bad press it's had. News travels fastest by word of mouth, before I went on it myself a few weeks back I had heard nothing but badness about it from at least 6 seperate people. Most of them said to not even bother if it's a 20 minute wait. So i imagine it's that rather than that it's too scary.
I'm Hilarious.
Lee

JD1991 wrote:
RCandrew wrote: I've noticed nemesis sub terra is always at the bottom of queue times, like just now it is the only ride with a 'green' wait time, is this because people don't like it or because its that scary for a lot of visitors? I went on it and it was the scariest ride I have been on (mainly the actors) but I would again!
I would imagine its the amount of bad press it's had. News travels fastest by word of mouth, before I went on it myself a few weeks back I had heard nothing but badness about it from at least 6 seperate people. Most of them said to not even bother if it's a 20 minute wait. So i imagine it's that rather than that it's too scary.
It's not a rollercoaster though, so it's never going to get the queues that Rita/Thirteen etc get once it had cleared it's premier season. During busy periods, it can still demand a wait. In my opinion, Towers got Sub Terra down to a tea; it's a dark ride that acts as bit of a filler.
Marcus

It does look abit off but baring in mind that the front orange and black pole goes down at the sides which might give an illusion that its off.
tharrison4815

RCandrew wrote: Okay, so this is weird.. But I saw a video on instagram of oblivion and happened to notice something and I'm sure it's not just me!
This picture;

If you look at the front of the train compared to the horizontal supports on the track, it's so obviously not straight?? How is this?! :lol:  :|
So it looks like if you want to be the first down you need to sit on the right.
RCandrew

tharrison4815 wrote:
RCandrew wrote: Okay, so this is weird.. But I saw a video on instagram of oblivion and happened to notice something and I'm sure it's not just me!
This picture;

So it looks like if you want to be the first down you need to sit on the right.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Count-Vonduel

Anyone know if they have cleaned the rides yet or at least upped the security? (last year at Scarefest I was in the queue for the RMT when some asian kids came running up the path behind me after trying to push me out of the way they accused me of being racist and then verbally asaulted me and I'm pretty sure that there were no travellers there that day)
I was going to have a pic of Hobs Pit but I forgot how to make pics show up :(
mikeymoo22

I dont have early ride time...can i get into the park at 9am still and walk around with my group for an hour? Thanks for your help
Count-Vonduel

mikeymoo22 wrote: I dont have early ride time...can i get into the park at 9am still and walk around with my group for an hour? Thanks for your help
I think you can but only at scarefest but im not sure.
Kirsty25

Count-Vonduel wrote:
mikeymoo22 wrote: I dont have early ride time...can i get into the park at 9am still and walk around with my group for an hour? Thanks for your help
I think you can but only at scarefest but im not sure.
Normally you can go into the park at 9am and walk around for an hour/queue up for rides like The Smiler, at scarefest the park doesn't open until 10am
Count-Vonduel

Hello, just because there was not a topic for this, I have decided to make a topic for everyone to post minor Alton Towers news. By minor news, I mean basically anything that has not got a spot on the official Towers Times news page.

(eg:- the plants being infected by that virus)
mac359

from looking at ride times over the past week, is it just me or is the park generally quieter considering what time of year it is? (summer, 6 week holidays etc)
I was expecting all major rides to be 60 mins +
:-k
Count-Vonduel

I am happy to report that The Smiler is now open again, it opened yesterday (24th/july/2013)
Balb0wa

whats going off here then?? 0 min smiler?