Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Count-Vonduel

The ERT is still god awful and will continue to be, until they add RMT to it (or build something equally as substantial for the RMT age range and put that in ERT)

Can some one start a hashtag for RMT in ERT please!
I would, but no one will listen to me.

———————————————————————————————
I hope the next full ATH corridor retheme is something nice as so far its looking quite unpleasant, moon voyager is WHAAAY to dark and the less said about the harsh freezing arctic environment themed rooms the better!

Can't they make an Algernon's Attic room or something?

My point is that they are making really unpleasant themes for the rooms at the moment and if they don't stop now, they will make all the rooms unpleasant and won't fix it
TheDuke

Count-Vonduel wrote:The ERT is still god awful and will continue to be, until they add RMT to it (or build something equally as substantial for the RMT age range and put that in ERT)
Having RMT on it would be good but ERT this year is far from awful, its quite good
Count-Vonduel

Until they cover all age ranges, it unfit for purpose.
TheDuke

Cbeebies has a range of things on ERT this year for the younger audience
MakoMania

The Blade is a ride on ERT suitable for guests too young for the big 6 but too old for CBeebies, but it is not enough on its own.
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

From a thrillseekers perspective ERT is much better this year. I honestly didn't think we'd see two thrill coasters open, especially not two at opposite ends of the park.

I understand the gap in the lineup between thrill and CBeebies isn't great but to be honest this is something that Alton suffers from in general so we can't be too harsh on the ERT attractions considering Alton are lacking in rides to bridge that gap.

Personally I'm happy with the chosen attractions, there's not many better ways to start the day than with a few rides on Nemesis.
MakoMania

AltonTowersHolidays.com has been updated to show a 12pm park opening on the opening weekend of Scarefest but altontowers.com still states a 10am park opening.
Dan

MakoMania wrote:AltonTowersHolidays.com has been updated to show a 12pm park opening on the opening weekend of Scarefest but altontowers.com still states a 10am park opening.
Up until a week or so ago that website was still showing the park as opening at 10:30am daily so I would imagine that this is another error on their part.

I would find it very strange if that were to be the case though.
Frontdoordumbledore

I was lucky enough to be on the last ever ghost hunt in the Towers on march 4th 2017. Below is a link to the video of the investigation. From my channel you can also find my video of the vigil evidence from that night.

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan

The map on the Alton Towers Resort app has been updated to reflect the changes at the park for the coming season.

One of the biggest talking points will be the confirmation that the pathway connecting Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon will be closed, undoubtedly for SW8 construction. This now means that the only way to access Katanga Canyon will be via the Haunted Hollow and Gloomy Wood.

S.J_O'Grady

It will be weird not being able to use that path! Another thing is that attractions in CCL that will not be operating have been removed. The area looks practically extinct on the map now, which highlights just how much it's in need of a refurb.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
MakoMania

Will be interesting to see if Katanga Canyon is as busy this year, people may just forget it :lol

On another note, I can't wait to see the gate map, hope it has some nice juicy SW8 teasers on there ;)
S.J_O'Grady

I would hope that there is some sort of notice on the KC fence to direct guests through the Hollow.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Owen

More has been removed from Mutiny Bay this year, in the form of various game stalls facing SW8. Although these may just be game stalls, they added a certain atmosphere to the area in my opinion.

Credit to Leek Signs Facebook, the company who provided the colour cladding for the boards.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

Dan wrote:One of the biggest talking points will be the confirmation that the pathway connecting Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon will be closed, undoubtedly for SW8 construction. This now means that the only way to access Katanga Canyon will be via the Haunted Hollow and Gloomy Wood.
It has been confirmed in the MAP Facebook group that the pathway between Mutiny Bay and Katanga Canyon will not be closed for the entire season, and also that, as well as Haunted Hollow, guests will be able to access Katanga Canyon via a newly created path which can be seen on the updated map.

[align=center]Image[/align]
Owen

MakoMania wrote:On another note, I can't wait to see the gate map, hope it has some nice juicy SW8 teasers on there ;)
If Merlin go for the same strategy as Ghost Train we may not see teasers on the map until Scarefest, although based on excitement levels they'll need all the easy marketing they can get so hopefully it'll be there from day 1!
Tom170499

Owen wrote:More has been removed from Mutiny Bay this year, in the form of various game stalls facing SW8. Although these may just be game stalls, they added a certain atmosphere to the area in my opinion.

Credit to Leek Signs Facebook, the company who provided the colour cladding for the boards.
At least they have decorated it instead of just having plain shutters. Looks nice.
OhShambhala

The less of these tacky games stalls, the better.
Airtime Machine, Shambhala!
MakoMania

OhShambhala wrote:The less of these tacky games stalls, the better.
Agreed, I don't want to be harassed every 2 minutes on my day out :lol
Owen

I don't know where you are going because I'm never harassed :lol

I always think of these stalls as part of Mutiny Bay, so to me it's slightly disappointing to see even if I don't play them. Hopefully Mutiny Bay will get some kind of refurbishment or at least have its stalls and restaurants returned for SW8! :P