Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Bubs_Mugumbo

Visited yesterday and noticed the Blade was missing. As I was walking back to my car, my friend noticed the ride car for the Blade was sitting in a locked enclosed compound on the right, close to the zebra crossings... It was there with ride cars from the log flume. Make of that what you will.
Dismissor

I just hope that the Blade was removed to give Rameses Revenge a new home. Or I will be very sad...
Dan

Dismissor wrote:I just hope that the Blade was removed to give Rameses Revenge a new home. Or I will be very sad...
At this stage Blade is out of action for maintenance work, and despite Towers putting signage out that indicates it’ll be coming back, there are many who doubt this.

Either way, if it does get removed, Rameses definitely won’t be going in it’s place. There’s a reason Chessington are removing it, which is because it’s old, nackered and isn’t financially viable to run anymore.
GregH94

I think the issue might not be with the gondola itself, but with the motors underneath it - if they needed replacing, you’d have to take the boat out the pit first 
Swarm Chris

As posted by TowersTimes News, Alton Towers have confirmed the majority of the 2020 operating calendar, including prices for online ticket purchases and Season Passes.

Opening Saturday 21st March, the theme park will open every day until the start of September, except for off-peak Wednesdays in March, April and May. From 7th September the theme park will open Thursday-Sunday. Dates for October and November are currently not known, however the last day of the season is stated as Sunday 8th November.

Online pricing is £34 for adults and £28.50 for children, with a stated saving of up to £20 from the gate price. Season Passes are also available, priced at £58 for Standard with summer exclusion dates, or £75 for Premium which will, for the first time, include standard parking, as well as admission to The Alton Towers Dungeon.
Piplup2003

Anyone know roughly how busy the park usually is on Tuesdays (specifically, during scarefest)
This is a local signature for local people, there's nothing for you here.
GregH94

Piplup2003 wrote:Anyone know roughly how busy the park usually is on Tuesdays (specifically, during scarefest)
This Tuesday? Should be broadly similar to today’s queue times as it’s half term. 
Phild94

Does anyone know why ride times website has gone down!

Im meant to be going tomorrow and I cant remember the last time I looked at an actually queue time board :’)
ROYJESS

The website has been down for a good few days, however ride times are still available if you download the Alton Towers App
Dan

ICYMI - Alton Towers have started the recruitment process for the 2020 season.

With the process beginning earlier than normal, and with start dates for Rides and Food & Beverage staff being from 13th February, could this be an indication that we may see a return of the February Half Term event to the theme park itself?

I for one would love to see the FHT theme park opening make a return. Yes the weather is a bit of a lottery and there are only a handful of rides available, but it is a nice way to break up the gap between Fireworks and the main season opening.
Mr_Gibson

When the towers have been open for Feb half term before, what rides have been open?
Dan

Mr_Gibson wrote:When the towers have been open for Feb half term before, what rides have been open?
The last time the theme park was open for FHT in 2015, the following areas of the park were open:
  • Forbidden Valley
    Mutiny Bay
    Katanga Canyon (Congo River Rapids was closed)
    Gloomy Wood
    CBeebies Land
    Cloud Cuckoo Land
Hex was also available.
Mr_Gibson

An interesting collection of rides. I can’t imagine being on Congo River Rapids in Feb so I can see why they didn’t open it!
Swarm Chris

As reported on the TowersTimes Facebook page, Alton Towers Resort have released an updated logo to reflect the Resort's 40th anniversary.

Could this suggest the Resort are planning some special events this year to celebrate the milestone birthday?

[align=center]Image[/align]
wamdue

There is also this, maybe something else?
Coaster Chall

I saw a response that thinks this is a Duel Retheme aha. It would've been a Duel Retheme if they announced it months ago. I'm thinking this is an early teaser to Scarefest and Fireworks or maybe late night riding, like park openings during summer months till 10pm or even midnight.

But the Alton Towers Security car does mean something attraction based maybe...
wamdue

Speaking as a night owl, I am 100% behind late night openings. None of  this day light trash, 10pm - 6am will suit me fine.
Aidan Lowe

Formerly known under username Andy Mc
wamdue

That is a possibility.
Swarm Chris

Given the announcement a little earlier from David Walliams that a Gangsta Granny ride is to arrive this year, I would say that's pretty much confirmed it.