Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
MakoMania

Cedar Fair seem to have closed both of their Intamin accelerator coasters after an incident on Top Thrill Dragster at Cedar Point, do people think that Merlin will follow suit with Rita & Stealth?

SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
jackf1tz

Whoooah. Anyone seen anything like this before? Not sure about Stealth and Rita, but as they're much smaller scale I can see them staying open. However, I can see the potential closure of Kingda Ka, and maybe RedForce.
Dan

jackf1tz wrote:Whoooah. Anyone seen anything like this before? Not sure about Stealth and Rita, but as they're much smaller scale I can see them staying open. However, I can see the potential closure of Kingda Ka, and maybe RedForce.
RedForce won't be affected as it uses LSM technology for the launch rather than a hydraulic system.

Anyway, back to Alton Towers discussion :)
Count-Vonduel

The Mutiny Bay- Katanga Canyon path is open again!
MakoMania

Don't think this has been brought up yet but I've been trawling through the Alton Towers Holidays website, and it seems that the 2018 season dates have been revealed:

Opening day will be Saturday 24th March, there will not be any closed dates until Wednesday 2nd May. All Wednesdays in May will be closed excluding the final one. The next closed dates will be Wednesdays in September as well as the first 3 Wednesdays in October. There are no further closed days until the end of the season which could suggest that we will be getting 3 days of Fireworks back.
ROYJESS

The last week in October (first few days in November) 2018 is half term week, kids are off school, hence why no closures

Edit: That's strange, I google the term dates at the start of this month and the internet was saying that the half term week was going to be 28th Oct to the 4th of Nov. looks like that information has now been change for the half term to be the week before  ](*,)
Tom170499

According to Ride Times, Duel has a 25 minute wait! :o
Nickolai

That must use the majority of the outdoor queue right now because of the high throughput!
Formally Smiler313
Justin

Vinyl signage has been added to Splash Landings which now advises guests of its closure until May!
Last edited by Justin on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom170499

Justin wrote:Vinyl signage has been added Splash Landings which now advises guests of its closure until May!
I think it really is ridiculous that they have to close one hotel because they can’t fill it yet they keep building hotels!?
Dan

Tom170499 wrote:
I think it really is ridiculous that they have to close one hotel because they can’t fill it yet they keep building hotels!?
That’s Merlin for you.

We can hope that Splash may be getting some sort of major overhaul but I think we all know it’ll just be sitting there until a week before it’s due to re-open and they get the polish out :lol
Bert

Well, What's the point in building yet more accomedation if not all the hotels are going to remain open all year, I hope we see an overhaul of Splash before we get yet another hotel or Enchanted Village expansion...
[Insert Signature Here]
Aidan Lowe

Bert2theSpark wrote:Enchanted Village expansion...
The Enchanted Village expansion has already begun construction I'm assuming for a launch next year.

I have read also there will be a large £18 million / 250 lodge accommodation site in a nearby quarry 4 miles away subject to planning permission approval.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Isn't the current construction by the Enchanted Village to do with a Santa tipi for Christmas?
Aidan Lowe

MakoMania wrote:Isn't the current construction by the Enchanted Village to do with a Santa tipi for Christmas?
Could be in this case but I'm sure Tipis are a part of the development of the Enchanted Village.
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
Justin

MakoMania wrote:Isn't the current construction by the Enchanted Village to do with a Santa tipi for Christmas?
Possibly. I was there Monday morning and Ents were supervising a delivery of long wooden polls.
Justin

Dancing With The Stars Weekend: Friday 9th – Sunday 11th March 2018

Spend the weekend with your favourite stars of Strictly Come Dancing.

Enjoy 3 days of spectacular dance showcases as the Strictly Stars perform up close & personal for a truly intimate experience unlike any other – learn to dance with them, plus hear all about their Strictly journeys. Following on from the previous 7-year's sell-out success; we’re delighted to present an amazing & unrivalled 2018 Dancing With The Stars Weekend. Over half the bedrooms already sold!

Early Bird Booking Price 3 days, 2 nights Dinner Bed & Breakfast only £449pp if booked before 31st Oct 17, £459pp if booked before 31st Dec 17, £469pp thereafter.
Capt.Barnacles

I'm not sure exactly where this belongs but TowersStreet have spotted what look like new boats for Congo River Rapids! With doors, headrests and grab bars :)
S.J_O'Grady

I believe it's a Rumba Rapids boat. These modifications will likely be seen on the usual yellow boats next year.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Tom170499

If you look closely, you can see the outline of the Thorpe Park logo: