Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Sawboss

Sometimes I think EVERY single comment on the internet is a troll post...
xylyx

Sawboss wrote:Sometimes I think EVERY single comment on the internet is a troll post...
I always start with that assumption and it's up to the poster to show me otherwise.
S.J_O'Grady

Looks like Towers's website has had an upgrade recently. Unless I'm imagining it, the banner across the top looks quite a bit smarter since the last time I checked.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
AltonOperator

It has changed slightly. When you hover over the top bar it has a slicker look
Thanks Jack
S.J_O'Grady

AltonOperator wrote:It has changed slightly. When you hover over the top bar it has a slicker look
I'm finding it works better on mobile now as well.
Life is a roller coaster. You can either scream every time you hit a bump or you can throw your hands up in the air and enjoy it.
Bert

The top bar has been altered, the bar no longer follows the scroll bar and there is now opening times below the bar.
[Insert Signature Here]
Liam.W

Here's another new video from Alton Towers' website. Same format as the one released the other day but with different information. This one is titled: 'Help keep the fun times rolling'

EDIT: And I've just found another one. This time about ride restrictions and assisted exits. Here it is.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Whataday

AT have today closed the Congo River Rapids as a precaution until more is known about the accident at Drayton.
Owen

A few changes around CRR today, including a number of staff at lookout positions, bouancy aids, new signage, removal of water guns and the waterfalls currently being out of action...

Credit to TowersStreet.
rolicoli8

If the removal of the waterfalls is permanent, I think this is a great opportunity to put in some great theming elements, maybe even a few small animatronics into that section. Almost certainly won't happen, but would be nice.
Stan.H

Well they've just totally ruined the rapids, soon it'll be a lazy river...
S.J_O'Grady

I hope the waterfalls don't disappear forever. It kind of annoys me that the experience has to be downgraded for fear that a few people won't follow clear instructions.
Dan

As a short term measure I completely agree with all the changes that have been made to Congo River Rapids.

I understand that the waterfalls being switched off may annoy some people but I do think it is sensible for the time being. The waterfalls is one of the most common spots for people to stand up and switch seats which is the very behaviour the parks will be trying to significantly reduce.
Robert.W

I actually don't think it looks that bad without the waterfalls. I would like them to return eventually but without the waterfalls it sort of looks like a ruined temple or something... if it's permanent, then with some more theming elements it might look alright.

Liam.W

Alton Towers have gone to an all new low with their fences...

Source: TowersStreet Facebook
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

MakoMania

that is ridiculous
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
Dan

Hopefully they are a temporary solution until some permanent fences that match the style of the original are installed.

At the minute they look positively amateurish.
S.J_O'Grady

I can't imagine even Alton Towers keeping something as gross as that as a permanent feature.
Michelle

I'm going to be optimistic and say that they will replace them with proper permanent not-that-ugly fencing. But also why on earth can people not be trusted not to enter ride areas, I mean really.
Robert.W

I know Alton Towers like their fences, but really? It's never been a problem for the past 20+ years... they could have waited a tiny bit longer to install proper fences rather than these horrible metal barriers!