Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Liam.W

ThemeParkCrafter wrote:Do you have to use your phone? Also so annoyed I never won ANYTHING yet I entered so many times
Yes. You download a virtual reality app on your phone, or you can watch a YouTube 360 video I think. Then you put your phone in the slot as seen in the photo.
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

118hazaman

Shame that your phone really doesn't do VR justice, it lacks a high pixel density. Anyway, the Galactica Cardboard VR glasses are the same as the Mk.1 google cardboard. If you want to try it out yourself you can find, and purchase, various styles online.
ThemeCrafter264

My google cardboard looks terrible with my phone. You need the most up to date phone for it to look good, even not good enough
Justin

Liam.W wrote: If ever anyone else gets their hands on this, or any other VR device, I recommend the 'Cedar Point VR' app. You get to ride Valravn from your home!
I have the Samsung VR headset and agree that this app is good!

There are some good apps out there for VR, but they are limited at the moment!
Ryan.B

I'd recommend Zombie Shooter VR, by Fibrium, quite a good game, fairly decent graphics and a free version you can play over and over, but you can upgrade to get past a certain point.
Aidan Lowe

Seems four teenagers were arrested on park yesterday following an assault which left one person having to be airlifted to hospital.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/four-tee ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Formerly known under username Andy Mc
MakoMania

Does anyone know why the park is so busy this week, but was dead this time last week when the weather was better?
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
owenrita121

MakoMania wrote:Does anyone know why the park is so busy this week, but was dead this time last week when the weather was better?
School and college trips at this time of year.
RITA
Nothing will stop her speed.
Liam.W

owenrita121 wrote:
MakoMania wrote:Does anyone know why the park is so busy this week, but was dead this time last week when the weather was better?
Yeah we had our school trip on Saturday! A lot busier than I have seen it in the past year

MakoMania

Liam.W wrote:
owenrita121 wrote:
Yeah we had our school trip on Saturday! A lot busier than I have seen it in the past year
Lucky! We don't get trips anywhere really.
Robert.H

Liam.W wrote:
owenrita121 wrote:
I'm going on my school trip to Alton Towers in a month from now!
Count-Vonduel

I did wonder why they were searching bags at the entrance on Friday, anyone know where in the park and why this happend?
MakoMania

Count-Vonduel wrote:I did wonder why they were searching bags at the entrance on Friday, anyone know where in the park and why this happend?
Maybe something to do with this: ?
Andy Mc wrote:Seems four teenagers were arrested on park yesterday following an assault which left one person having to be airlifted to hospital.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/four-tee ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MrsT2015

Sunday was well busy on park queue times not so bad but I haven't seen that many people for a while we even ended up walking to the main park instead of going on the monorail as that was a huge queue.
ROYJESS

Scotland break up from school before England, so a lot of Scottish school trips at the moment. Overall the last two days the park was still quiet, both Nemesis and Rita only running on one train, so these rides had inflated queue times, the rest of the park (apart from Galatica) were mostly walk on's
Zac

On park today, lots of school trips, nemesis was only running 1 train, Gallatica had a average time of 50mins along with 13, & smiler around 40mins, Rita was running 2 trains with about 25 min wait time.
We did find a lack of food outlets open, and long ques at all kiosks that were open,
My biggest complaint was that while in forbidden valley we had to walk all the way back to towers street to buy fastrack tickets, this was the only place on park to sell them, it is very noticeable of the lack of staff on park and in kiosks, the staff working in these units today certainly earned there wages!
craig.day.92

Im off to the park this Sunday and Monday, Do you guys thing it will be pretty busy bearing in mind I have no idea about school holidays.
MakoMania

craig.day.92 wrote:Im off to the park this Sunday and Monday, Do you guys thing it will be pretty busy bearing in mind I have no idea about school holidays.
Should be busy, but not very busy. Expect queues of about 30-50 minutes for the big 6 at times, but of course this will change throughout the day. There will be some school trips present on the Monday no doubt!
Air15

Took a leavers trip yesterday to AT with school and was surprised to see that the rapids only had the left side of the waterfall working, never seen it run with one side before also 13 was down most of the day from "technical difficulties" Nemesis was running great as always with the queue going down fast. Galatica was the ride with the biggest queue mostly around 40-90 minutes all day with the queue exceeding out of the entrance. The Smiler had no projections on or strobs on with just the normal room lighting on, Oblivions mist was great today filling the whole all up :D
Liam.W

Air15 wrote:Took a leavers trip yesterday to AT with school and was surprised to see that the rapids only had the left side of the waterfall working, never seen it run with one side before also 13 was down most of the day from "technical difficulties" Nemesis was running great as always with the queue going down fast. Galatica was the ride with the biggest queue mostly around 40-90 minutes all day with the queue exceeding out of the entrance. The Smiler had no projections on or strobs on with just the normal room lighting on, Oblivions mist was great today filling the whole all up :D
When I went on the 18th only the right side of the rapids waterfall was working too. Also only the strobes were on in the smiler queue and no projections.