Alton Towers Resort General Discussion

General discussion regarding the UK's No.1 Theme Park. Talk about anything and everything Alton Towers here.
Justin

It is part of Towers Loving Care, Liam :)

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/viewtopi ... 20#p839881" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dan

It appears that some parts of the resort have experienced a power cut this afternoon. The following is from the Alton Towers Twitter feed:
Alton Towers Resort said:

We have experienced a power dip in the local area, which has halted progress on a number of attractions. Power has been restored, and our rides and attractions will be on the move as soon as possible.
MakoMania

It appears that ride close tomorrow has been extended from 4:30pm to 5pm. A positive sign!
SeaWorld has rescued over 35,000 animals in need![/i]
MakoMania

Opening times have been updated for the remainder of april with all the 4:30pm ride closes being extended to 5pm!
Sawboss

That sounds like a good sign for the park :)
Liam.W

Alton Towers Careers Facebook page have posted a picture advertising job opportunities for performers and actors. It states "Strong improvisers and character actors to perform in our live attractions and interactive street shows".

Could this see the return of street entertainment ("street shows") and N:ST ("Live attractions") for the summer months?
Ride count since the beginning of 2015: 2632!
Ride count 2021: 416!
Cred count: 167!

Max

Quite possibly. I believe at the event talk it was mentioned that the removal of street entertainment was in place for the start of the season, no mention on the summer months. N:ST could very well open provided the restraint issues are fixed.
Formerly known as NemesisNosh
2016 Ride Count: 888
Liam.W

NemesisNosh wrote:N:ST could very well open provided the restraint issues are fixed.
Well they have certainly had enough time to do so!

JonDoesTT

Liam.W wrote:Alton Towers Careers Facebook page have posted a picture advertising job opportunities for performers and actors. It states "Strong improvisers and character actors to perform in our live attractions and interactive street shows".

Could this see the return of street entertainment ("street shows") and N:ST ("Live attractions") for the summer months?
Hopefully! I saw an image on Instagram from Paul Jones (Trumansfones) which was a sign saying there is redevelopment plans for ST. Not sure if this is a new thing, or that it is even Sub Terra, but it's here anyway: " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Credit to NemesisRider
ThirdBrad

Hi guys,
Just wondering what part of the rapids is/was known as the KFC Mega-Wave; Is it still there and why is it called that?

Thanks
ASturge21

Still there and its next to the old KFC can't remember what the restaurant is called now.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk
Liam.W

It is the part of the rapids that runs behind the pizza and pasta restaurant opposite the runaway mine train entrance.

Liam.W

I thought I had seen those signs in the woodland walk somewhere before, and I have just noticed where I had seen it!!!

Woodland Walk:

Nemesis Sub Terra advert: (look middle left)

The sign also features in the Ice Age 4D advert. Another thing is that both adverts are from 2012. This probably has no significance but thought it was interesting

MakoMania

According to the TEA attendance report, attendance was only down 1.3% at Alton Towers last year.
lewis97
Admin
Admin

MakoMania wrote:According to the TEA attendance report, attendance was only down 1.3% at Alton Towers last year.
It should be noted that's in comparison to 2005... Attendance fell from 2,575,000 in 2014 to 1,925,000 last year, that's a 25.2% fall. I understand these to be estimated values, but it still gives a feel for the impact on gate figures.
MakoMania

The crowd levels last year seemed more drastic to me than a 1.3% decline on 2014's crowds. But I suppose March-May was unaffected by the negative media attention.
Owen

This has appeared from Alton Towers stating they need actors for "live attractions and interactive street shows". This is interesting as it means that the street shows that briefly started a year or two ago may be coming back for the summer - and the actor section in Nenesis: Sub-Terra may be returning as detailed as a "live attraction". It is also mentioned that show actors should be able to 'host a gameshow'.

118hazaman

What's up with the height requirements? Are tall people like myself just 2 spooky 4 them?
Ladyofthelake

It's quite common for casting calls to specify height requirements, especially in places like theme parks who have particular characters to cast - for example with skin work the costume will only fit people within certain height limits. Looking at that casting notice I would guess that they are mainly looking for CBeebies Land and Hotel entertainments. The live attraction referred to is probably Mr Bloom's Allotment.
Owen

TowersStreet report that Oblivion is now running two stations again and that this has appeared along the exit -